Anyone else a little worried about Blizzcon?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
There's nothing 'going on' that's any different than other years/times.

It's just life as usual.
10/29/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Darkenstein
10/29/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Somalion
Not going unfortunately and honestly that is the reason I don't go to the US at all. US citizens seem to be obsessed with shooting each other all the time constantly which boggles my mind.

The hell kinda unfair narrow minded generalization is this garbage.

The media paints an unfair picture of just about every nation. How long have we in the US heard how wonderful the Netherlands is and how horrible South America is?

And that's just 2 examples.

It's everywhere, the propaganda for ratings, doomcrying, it's everywhere because it gets viewers.
No one would watch if they broadcast positive stuff. Also, there's a lot of "news" networks which is why so many are now basically opinion shows.
OP, all I can suggest is to ask yourself if your sense of fear is coming from a justified, realistic place or not?

If not, then ignore it. If so, then listen.
10/29/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Vendraxis
Not going unfortunately and honestly that is the reason I don't go to the US at all. US citizens seem to be obsessed with shooting each other all the time constantly which boggles my mind.

This!
The people who just sook on the forums make me also think a lot of the US are just self entitled, expect hand outs, among other things.
No offense to those who aren't like that but there is a large number of vocal people who give people like myself a false sense of what Americans or others are like.

You should come and see for yourself.

Are you saying that you don't shoot each other in the US all the time ? Have you watch the US news .. well .. ever ?

Sorry but statistically you all shoot each other more than any other nation.

It's not narrow minded to state facts.
10/29/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Pharsalus
The smell should act as a barrier of sorts.

You aren't kidding. I went last year and while we were all waiting in the huge line outside to go in and get our badges, someone dropped a Sulfuron Hammer and I nearly passed out.
I have a virtual ticket, so I'm here in my cozy home with umpteen cats demanding my attention... lol

However I rather suspect that BlizzCon will be one of the safest places in the US during the event. Security is going to be massive. They have even stated to come early as they have extra time consuming security measures in place.

That said, I always pay attention to who and what is around me. But I refuse to live in fear. I refuse to cower and I refuse to be a victim of insane fanatical terrorists.
The video game related incident that happened at that mall was the very 1st one ever in esports history. I don't think it would ever happen at blizzcon. I went a few times to blizzvon and even to e3 this year and honestly I have never felt as safe as I do when I go to video game conventions. Don't worry op
10/29/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Simkin

Europeans are as misinformed about the US as Americans are misinformed about Europe. But for some unknown reason, Europeans tend to be smugger and more arrogant about it, and a LOT more obsessed with the US than vice versa.

I think the fact you assume Europe is the only place that feels this way kinda proves a point.
10/29/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Somalion

Are you saying that you don't shoot each other in the US all the time ? Have you watch the US news .. well .. ever ?

The facts are wrong. If we shot each other all the time, there wouldn't be anyone here.
Well, except maybe 5 people with a bunch of huge weapons. But that's about it.
10/29/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Somalion

I was unaware that the US was more violent than Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Chad, Nigeria, Egypt, Venezuela, Kenya, Honduras, Ukraine, D.R. Congo, and Somalia.
10/29/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Pook
Even with the amount of security there, with everything that's going on right now in the news, I honestly can't really lie and say that I'm not at least a little bit worried/anxious about something like that possibly happening at Blizzcon.

I'm not going to let my fear get to me of course and I'm still going to go, but it's hard to shake this feeling and it really sucks.

Does anyone else feel the same at all? Any suggestions on how to feel better about it and not let it ruin your enjoyment of Blizzcon?

Blizzcon Really.....do you need to go to your safe spot to feel safe?
Don't compare countries when you haven't been to those countries. Don't go by the news sources because journalism is all but dead.

Remember, most people are good at heart. That's at least 90% of them and they're everywhere.
I'm not making that up. We wouldn't be so populous if that wasn't true.

Anyway, I think I've commented enough. Have a g'day.

Worrying about shootings more than traffic accidents or slip and falls in the shower is full retard.

Saying Americans are prone to mass shootings is roughly equivalent to calling all Arabs terrorists. Kernel of truth? Sure. Ridiculously low probability of accuracy? Yup.
10/29/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Pook
Even with the amount of security there, with everything that's going on right now in the news, I honestly can't really lie and say that I'm not at least a little bit worried/anxious about something like that possibly happening at Blizzcon.

I'm not going to let my fear get to me of course and I'm still going to go, but it's hard to shake this feeling and it really sucks.

Does anyone else feel the same at all? Any suggestions on how to feel better about it and not let it ruin your enjoyment of Blizzcon?
Yes, the next massacre will be at blizzcon. Terrorist, gun enthusiast, and psychos have all planed the great blizzcon massacre to be the be all end all for their cause. Don't go you will die.
10/29/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Pharsalus
The smell should act as a barrier of sorts.

Ok thank you for that chuckle. Myself being a table top gamer since the early 80's god you horrible person just brought back memories of gamer funk. So gross.
10/29/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Gilius
I understand your apprehension. I really do. But don't let a few bad eggs make you live your life in fear. That's no way to live. Case and point, I may be angry at more than a few things in game right now, but I am going to be decorating my house with a Old God theme this year, complete with C'thun and Tentacles coming out of the yard.

omg, you might be my neighbour.