Anchor weed announcer addon?

Professions
How about this:
If you pick an Anchor weed, the addon announces the coordinates in chat with something like "Anchor weed [found/picked] at XX.y, YY.y" The picked or found text depends on whether the finder picked it or just clicked it to be helpful.

If anyone else has the addon, it marks the location on their maps for 30 seconds if it was picked, or 5 minutes if just clicked. The mark is erased if a pick announcement comes in near the same coords.

Would you use it?e
Interesting idea, but wouldn't use it. By the time I navigate to the spot, the node has likely despawned already, so it offers me zero benefit.

I have considered yelling out coordinates when I spot anchor weed, but I am rarely paying attention on non-herbalists. Even then, you could likely create a LUA macro to simply push a button when you see a node, though it would lack the map reference.

Part of me also thinks it would be somewhat of a taunt as I doubt most players would make it to the node in time unless they were already on that herbing path and were going to find it anyway..."hey, there's anchor weed over here...ha ha you missed it".
Since non-herbalists cannot even SEE the anchor weed, you wouldn't get anyone "just click"ing (to announce it)...

...I can't imagine any herbalist seeing anchor weed and not picking it.

Maybe if we were guaranteed it wouldn't despawn if not picked. But we aren't.
10/31/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Qri
Since non-herbalists cannot even SEE the anchor weed, you wouldn't get anyone "just click"ing (to announce it)...

I've seen them on this non-herbalist character. When I do, I wait 30 sec to make sure it isn't despawning immediately, then give it's coordinates in chat. I won't do that on my herbalist though, because it might be about to despawn, so I need to pick it immediately. It would be nice if there was a way to tell if they had been picked already though.
You can see herbs, including anchor weed. But you have to be looking for it, non-herbalists simply lack herb tracking on their mini-map.
Oops. My mistake. Thanks.
It could auto announce "Hey Scrubs someone picked Anchor Weed at X.Y LOL"
10/31/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Fugubar
10/31/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Qri

I've seen them on this non-herbalist character. When I do, I wait 30 sec to make sure it isn't despawning immediately, then give it's coordinates in chat. I won't do that on my herbalist though, because it might be about to despawn, so I need to pick it immediately. It would be nice if there was a way to tell if they had been picked already though.

You wait around 30 sec before you announce that you found Anchor weed for no reason?
Sounds a little unlikely.
10/31/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Fugubar
When I do, I wait 30 sec to make sure it isn't despawning immediately, then give it's coordinates in chat.

Waiting 30 seconds tells you nothing. It may despawn 43.6 seconds after you saw it. The sooner you announce it, the sooner an herbalist can get there.

Though personally it would take me 15-20 seconds just to figure out the co-ordinates: where they are, where I am, and what direction to run in...

Hey, panda's aren't the smartest characters. But it's ok: we are FLUFFY!
11/01/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Goldgrill
You wait around 30 sec before you announce that you found Anchor weed for no reason? Sounds a little unlikely.

Too each there own, some players are extremely courteous and 30 seconds is not a big deal.
11/01/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Gnarlibar
Waiting 30 seconds tells you nothing. It may despawn 43.6 seconds after you saw it. The sooner you announce it, the sooner an herbalist can get there.

Nodes do not randomly despawn, even if they are anchor weed. They do despawn 30 seconds after being picked however. So by waiting 30 seconds, the player is ensuring no one just picked the node and if anyone comes by in that 30 seconds to pick the node, they can just yell out a few seconds sooner.