Dark Pact & Unending Resolve

Warlock
Can these two spells be used at the same time for an even better defense?
I mean, nothing is stopping you. They "can".

In pve, I don't see a single reason to do so at the same time, except an "oh !@#$" moment.

In pvp, it is indeed a good idea in some cases, but sometimes better to spread 'em out.

If you wanna know if you "can", then yes you can.
Only situation they would offer a "better defense" is if your dark pact shield is eaten up in less than 8 seconds (but you have no way of knowing that will happen + if it does you can always cast UR next) or if you're very low health and you're trying to cast fear/shadowfury without being silenced in pvp. Imo it's a waste to use them simultaneously especially with UR's 3 min cd.
11/01/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Reckoner
In pve, I don't see a single reason to do so at the same time, except an "oh !@#$" moment.
For some MOTHER strats its a pretty good combo.

Every other scenario is pretty much an "oh sh!t", like soaking an orb/placing a cloud in rings on Zek; you wouldn't normally take it unless it was a frequent problem.
11/01/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Reckoner
I mean, nothing is stopping you. They "can".

In pvp, it is indeed a good idea in some cases, but sometimes better to spread 'em out.

If you wanna know if you "can", then yes you can.

This, you "can" use them but it'd be a huge waste of two defensives imo
It's sorta important to understand how dark pact functions first though...

The simple version is:
You get more shield the higher your health is. So for Max effect, pop dark pact when you see enemy incoming and are training for you.

If for some reason, you can't survive either by running away or porting, then pop unending resolve... You'd still near Max health and take 40% less damage and try to survive.
11/02/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Shadowcaster

The simple version is:
You get more shield the higher your health is. So for Max effect, pop dark pact when you see enemy incoming and are training for you.

If for some reason, you can't survive either by running away or porting, then pop unending resolve... You'd still near Max health and take 40% less damage and try to survive.

Rogue is on you -> pop dark pact and use port -> oh no shadow step and stunned -> literally 3 seconds later shield is already gone -> pop UR and try to stun/fear -> oh no cloak of shadows -> 3 more seconds later, almost dead, healthstone, drain life. Try to do anything as your speed is reduced 75 percent and you can’t cast cause you’ll get kicked while a mage is greater pyro blasting you into olbivion and you already spell locked his first cast. Oh no I’m dead and I only got 2 dots up. This is warlocks 2s in a nutshell.

Edit: what I’m trying to at is these abilities don’t help much
11/03/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Ramrodjones
11/02/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Shadowcaster

The simple version is:

Rogue is on you -> pop dark pact and use port -> oh no shadow step and stunned -> literally 3 seconds later shield is already gone -> pop UR and try to stun/fear -> oh no cloak of shadows -> 3 more seconds later, almost dead, healthstone, drain life. Try to do anything as your speed is reduced 75 percent and you can’t cast cause you’ll get kicked while a mage is greater pyro blasting you into olbivion and you already spell locked his first cast. Oh no I’m dead and I only got 2 dots up. This is warlocks 2s in a nutshell.

Edit: what I’m trying to at is these abilities don’t help much

Erm, you forgot gateway in your sequence.
And trinket.

Agreed with the DP into port only to get shadow stepped. When shield goes down, pop UR and fear. Lay all dots if possible as he runs, death bolt and drain life.

At this point of time, if specced into GoS, rogue should be least half health and he will pop cloak of shadows. Your gateway needs to be nearby and needs to be set up before engagement, so always place port within 2-3 steps of gateway.

He will pop cloak of shadows and come back for you... Move closer to the gateway and wait for it.

The min he's on you, trinket and gateway out of there, preferably near a healer.

Lay dots and rinse and repeat... And hopedully not die