Shaman: Rumbling Tremors

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
First and foremost, thank you for fixing Ancestral Resonance and making it s practical trait to use.

Going straight to the point, was hoping Rumbling Tremors would see a similar adjustment. Just doesn’t have any real practical sense in its purpose. 5min Cd 1min duration of damage. One time use in raid and maybe 2-3 usage in dungeons depending on situation.

Suggestion 1: Allow Rumbling Tremors trait to reduce cool down of Earth Ele to something more frequently usuable.

Suggestion 2: Earthen Rage Talent reduced CD of earth ele by X secs every time it deals damage

Suggestion 3: Straight up cool down reduction of Earth Elemental

Benefits: Ontop of allowing an undesirable trait to see effective usage. It also gives shamans the survivability we have been wanting.

When specced into primal ele, earth ele could be a potential 2.5min or less defensive CD option

Iv had to use earth ele more times in the first month of BFA than my whole wow career lol. It’s a good thing. Gives me more appreciation for the ability. Would love to see it used a bit more often.

Thanks again.
I'd rather they fixed all 3 Shaman specs as a whole before giving us more meme traits on our meme gear.
I like the idea of reducing the cooldown for earth elemental with the trait, it wouldn’t still see raid usage, but at least it could possibly see solo play.
They "fixed" Ancestral Resonance? No they nerfed it.

They turned it into another RNG crap in a spec that already has a lot of RNG sh*t in it. Also, it's the same as Retaliator's Fury.

AR was good for PvP if you used the Shamanism build, but in the next patch will be just crap.
11/01/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Krenna
They "fixed" Ancestral Resonance? No they nerfed it.

They turned it into another RNG crap in a spec that already has a lot of RNG sh*t in it. Also, it's the same as Retaliator's Fury.

AR was good for PvP if you used the Shamanism build, but in the next patch will be just crap.

You do realize it was a problematic trait correct? It was a trait based around a raid CD that saw only 1 time use. Where as this new update allows you to get the benefit of this multiple times throughout the fight. Where outside of lust you basically had nothing happening.
I've been doing a lot of PvP and it works great with the Shamanism build. So no, it's not a problematic trait, it's just a trait that is not the best for all situations. Strenght of Earth is a poor trait for PvE but good for PvP. Same situation.

Not because they changed the trait it means they fixed it. They just turned a good PvP trait into a generic RNG crappy trait. Like I said, it's the same as Retaliator's Fury, which increases mastery by X on RNG procs.

I've said multiple times that a good fix to the crap spec that is Enhancement at the moment would be to make Shamanism a baseline ability that gives 20% haste to the Shaman and 1 ally in 1min CD. Also, make AR works with Shamanism and not BL. That way you could have small windows of burst for single target and improve them with the trait.

But no, they are not even aware that Retaliator's Fury it's pretty much the same as the new AR and on top of that they make the spec a lot more RNG nonsense that everyone is fed up by now.

Crappy design. Short-sighted people.
11/01/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Krenna
I've been doing a lot of PvP and it works great with the Shamanism build. So no, it's not a problematic trait, it's just a trait that is not the best for all situations. Strenght of Earth is a poor trait for PvE but good for PvP. Same situation.

Ah we were on different pages. I've erased Enhancement from my memories since it has to fight with warr/monk/dh/rogue for raid spots. I was speaking from Elemental Shaman perspective. The new change helps it alot more in pve raiding and mythic+ dungeons. More practical usage
Well, I deleted my Elemental experiences as well XD

But anyway, having Shamanism baseline to Ele and Enha is not a bad idea. But still, Mastery is not a good stat for Elemental and it would be fine if AR would be a pure Enhancement trait.
These non-stacking azerite traits are very concerning going into 8.1. With 3 traits on each piece of gear, depending on how they are configured, you may end up with some really bad options, and you will likely have to reforge on getting new gear even if you aren't spec swapping.

I was considering going back to Ele in 8.1, but the azerite traits are just terribly uninteresting. I can't do anything cool with them. For example, on Shadow,Afflic, and Boomkin, I can pick up DoT damage traits that massively improve my DoT Cleave damage. One Death Throes trait improves my SWP damage by more than 40%. It changes the damage model of those classes pretty significantly.

Ele has none of that. Igneous is the only trait that makes the spec feel different to play, yet because a big component of it doesn't stack, you cannot stack these traits to get a super lava burst. Everything is a random proc or a stat proc. Nothing interesting happens, and nothing interesting to leverage.

Shamans have a lot of multi-spec traits, but look how they break down:
Ancestral Resonance: Can't stack, random secondary proc
Echo of Elementals: Extra elementals at the end of your fire elemental. Not terrible, but doesn't really do anything meaningful
Igneous Potential: Rewards keeping multiple flame shocks up to machine gun LvB. Can be fun, but not stackable
Lava Shock: Ok trait, but doesn't change how you would play at all. Its similar to Igneous Potential.
Natural Harmony: Controllable secondary stat proc.
Synapse Shock: Reliable Stat proc
Tectonic Thunder: Cool effect, but not stackable.

If I could meaningfully bank Lava Shock procs in PvE for killing priority adds, then I would view it in a stronger light. But I can't. What do I really leverage here?

Yeah theres some stat boost potential between stacking Synapse Shock and Natural Harmony and it might scale well, but I don't interact with it in anyway.
Yeah, you are right, Shaman is an uninteresting class overall.

It seems everyone playing Elemental in Legion went full Enhancement, mainly for PvP. Even Tiqqle who was main Elemental went full Enhancement. Elem is just unplayable.

And in 8.1 thet are gonna overnerf Enhancement once more, like there's not enough crap in that spec right now. I wonder how many more times Ion is gonna apologize to the Shaman community and ask everyone to wait for a later patch. What a cuck.

If those nerfs to Ancestral Resonance, Forked Lightning and Ride the Lightning go live, I'll stop playing cause the final place when I can have fun with my spec will be deleted and there's no point anymore. I think that the few shamans that are enjoying some aspects of the game will feel the same and be over with this game.

There's an ammount of nerf that a normal person could stand, and Shamans are way over that limit. I am, at least.
11/02/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Nich
Ancestral Resonance: Can't stack, random secondary proc
Echo of Elementals: Extra elementals at the end of your fire elemental. Not terrible, but doesn't really do anything meaningful
Igneous Potential: Rewards keeping multiple flame shocks up to machine gun LvB. Can be fun, but not stackable
Lava Shock: Ok trait, but doesn't change how you would play at all. Its similar to Igneous Potential.
Natural Harmony: Controllable secondary stat proc.
Synapse Shock: Reliable Stat proc
Tectonic Thunder: Cool effect, but not stackable.

Ancestral Resonance is stackable, the mastery bonus stacks, but then you have to do the math and see how much 1 trait gives you so you don't overcap mastery.

Igneous Potential is stackable the raw damage gets stacked so depending on how high ilvl you get u could easily get a 1.5k+ extra added to lava burst which is worth insane amounts of intellect to achieve similar result

Tectonic Thunder is stackable, the instant Flat EQ damage stacks up, I believe on ptr 1 trait was like 2k insta EQ damage so 3x would be free 6k insta damage on use.

To be honest tho, I don't mind not having to stack traits, I think Ele is one of the few where you may want 1 of each trait for a solid rotational flow... ideally for me in 8.1 id look for 1x Resonance, 1x Igneous and then 1x Raid Trait - assuming they keeping the format of weekly raid buff.

Dungeon wise replace raid trait with tectonic thunder.