Bring Back Downvotes PLEASE!

General Discussion
I know this one pops up every few months, I did check first before posting, but I think this time is really starting to merit it.

I'm sick of hearing about Diablo in the wrong forum. I'm sick of seeing people make up numbers and refusing to actually respect the burden of proof. I used to enjoy coming here and having genuine discourse with people, no matter what their opinion was. I'm tired of hearing about GamesJournalism and Liberal this, Trump that.

People have been crying out that this game is dying, OVER AND OVER AGAIN for 13 years. It's old and tired.

This is a forum for the general discussion of WoW... can we get back to what matters and discussing the VERY real issues with the game itself?
If I actually thought downvotes would improve things here, I'd back it.

.. but I remember how things were with downvotes. They weren't better at all.
11/04/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Snowfox

It turned the forums into a harder echo chamber than they already are. If you don't want to deal with trolls that's what we have ignore user for.
11/04/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Saintdavinus
I know this one pops up every few months, I did check first before posting, but I think this time is really starting to merit it.

I'm sick of hearing about Diablo in the wrong forum. I'm sick of seeing people make up numbers and refusing to actually respect the burden of proof. I used to enjoy coming here and having genuine discourse with people, no matter what their opinion was. I'm tired of hearing about GamesJournalism and Liberal this, Trump that.

People have been crying out that this game is dying, OVER AND OVER AGAIN for 13 years. It's old and tired.

This is a forum for the general discussion of WoW... can we get back to what matters and discussing the VERY real issues with the game itself?

If you don't want to hear complaining, how about YOU stay off Blizzard forums after the worst Blizzcon in history. Of course everyone is going to be pissed, of course everyone is talking about how far Blizzard has fallen.
11/04/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Mayvas
11/04/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Snowfox

It turned the forums into a harder echo chamber than they already are. If you don't want to deal with trolls that's what we have ignore user for.

It also really forced everything into an A vs B type polarization.

It didn't leave much room for option C.
They should have kept both up and down-votes or removed them both, removing one and not the other was a crap move.
Downvotes didn't stop it before. Won't stop it now.
agreed, so i can downvote this thread

I really can't see how downvotes would help with any of this.

I would, however, love to have downvotes back for when people playing classic come and complain in this section instead of their own.
Seriously I would downvote tread like this down to heck.
I'm genuinely surprised by the clarity and intelligent responses so far, thanks for that.
Would love to downvote OP and the people defending blizz
I'd downvote OP. If you disagree with someone, say so- or upvote someone who already did.
It's been weird the last couple of days as I've been looking at the meltdown on the Diablo forums and coming across posts that are hidden because they got so many downvotes.

Not sure if it would really improve things here, but every once in a while, I see something that really does deserve a downvote because it's just a horrible post or just factually so incorrect and misleading that it should be hidden.

Maybe if they brought them back and only allowed you to use like 5 a day or something, so that only the truly most deserving posts would get downvoted.

/moo
Blizzard's chosen method of operation for this issue lately is apparently:

Report - Blizzard says "eh" - repeat

All you can do is report the posts and/or threads for being non-game related, spam, trolling, or whatever. The rest is entirely in the hands of Blizzard to do, or not do, anything about it.

Going to need more cheese for this whine.
11/04/2018 04:09 PMPosted by Baltharn
Would love to downvote OP and the people defending blizz

There is a huge difference between defending Bliz and wanting to be able to talk about the actual game without a bunch of other crap that isn't supposed to be in this section.

But you go right on ahead being thick.
11/04/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Misren

Going to need more cheese for this whine.

Says the edgelord going from thread to thread posting completely unrelated BS left and right.

I'm wounded sir, wounded I tells ya!
Bring back down votes, just don’t hide down voted posts so people cannot suppress expression of unpopular ideas.