Bring Back Downvotes PLEASE!

General Discussion
11/04/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Snowfox
If I actually thought downvotes would improve things here, I'd back it.

.. but I remember how things were with downvotes. They weren't better at all.

This.

Anything PvP related was immediately downvoted and hidden and told to take it to the PvP forums because General Discussion doesn't like PvP.

Mind you, other things like raid posts (which have their own dedicated forum too) weren't hidden.

This also affected a variety of other opinions/aspects that didn't fit within GD echo chamber.

By removing downvotes it allowed general discussion to actually have a variety of posts without the echo chamber burying them.
This was an echo chamber when downvoting was an option, and it's still an echo chamber now with only upvoting.

Also, the voting system is obviously manipulated continuously based on people's personal views and judgments of the poster rather than the post.

No voting system of all would be my personal preference. I can judge for myself which threads I'd like to participate in and do not need a bunch of golden thumbs to guide me.
11/04/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Saintdavinus
I know this one pops up every few months, I did check first before posting, but I think this time is really starting to merit it.

Just no because downvotes are used for trolling more than anything.

I agree that the forums gets pretty off topic but then again the forums have always been this way. The only time you will hear people talk about real issues with the game is when something is broken enough to get everyone mad like azerite gear. Other than that, new ideas are a topic that are rarely found on the WoW forums. Especially original ones.
11/04/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Saintdavinus
I know this one pops up every few months, I did check first before posting, but I think this time is really starting to merit it.

I know, amazing how downvoting exist on their other games still... makes you wonder
it's really more constructive if you post (constructively!) why you disagree with something. If you can't be bothered to do that or if you don't actually have a point, you also don't need to be passive aggressively downvoting someone into oblivion. And of course if it's a troll post that's triggering you, then just report it as such.
11/04/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Saintdavinus
11/04/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Misren

Going to need more cheese for this whine.

Says the edgelord going from thread to thread posting completely unrelated BS left and right.

I'm wounded sir, wounded I tells ya!

Who hurt you?