Support Your Diablo Brothers and Sisters

General Discussion
Nah. I'm good thanks.
11/05/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Sideways
Path of Exile is excellent.

No it's not. It's Diablo 2 if Blizzard had only ever continued working on it. Grim Dawn is infinitely superior as are others that people fail to mention whenever Diablo is brought up.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is amazing.

For how long? I know people have already conveniently forgotten how Rockstar handled Grand Theft Auto V but it's only a matter of time before Red Dead Redemption 2 gets the same treatment.
Know what?
Imma play it.
If I like it. I will continue.
If I don't...and here's the secret...
I'll quit playing it!
Crazy, right?
11/05/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Crapula
I stopped playing diablo way back with the AH mess. I've been playing Path of Exile and Grim Dawn since then. But none of those games has anything to do with Warcraft nor why I like to play this game.

I think Grim Dawn is better than PoE.
I'm not really a mobile gamer at all so I likely won't be getting Immortal but that's probs the best "support" that I can really show.

WoW, OW, and HoTS are completely different parts that I still enjoy and so I will continue to do so. What would the Diablo devs care that fewer people are playing anything other than Diablo?
Yes, they didn't get what they wanted after they were told not to expect anything big. People acting like there's never going to be anything new for that franchise ever, even though it was stated they were working on multiple diablo projects.

Seriously, isn't there enough real issues to worry about in life? You people need to get some perspective.
11/05/2018 10:03 AMPosted by Aarielle
Why? Because I'm supposed to be butthurt the Diablo community didn't get exactly what they wanted? Nah, I'm good. I might even go pre-order WC3 Reforged.

I’m definitely pre-ordering that. I want the WoW mount carrot they’re throwing in.
11/05/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Joruk
Yes, they didn't get what they wanted after they were told not to expect anything big. People acting like there's never going to be anything new for that franchise ever, even though it was stated they were working on multiple diablo projects.

Seriously, isn't there enough real issues to worry about in life? You people need to get some perspective.

We were hyped up in the first place because they hyped us. Dropping little hints, first time Diablo was on the main stage in ages, them literally saying, "This is a great time to be a Diablo fan", the Diablo virtual ticket item being the last revealed, the scavenger hunt event, the main item from the loot box being Diablo related, etc.

Yes, they told us not to get too excited a couple weeks before but that was after all that. And I'll be honest with you, I'd have been happier with nothing over a mobile game.

Also, when they say multiple projects... projects doesn't necessarily mean games. Considering we already knew they were working on the comic (canceled) and the netflix series (probably canceled?) and those count as projects. Plus the multiple projects thing was information we were given before Blizzcon. That wasn't new information.

It is okay for people to be passionate about their hobbies and get upset when things go poorly. Yes, there are other things in life to worry about but that doesn't mean you should look down on people for getting upset because the scale of bad isn't the worst possible bad.
Keep in mind that “all blizzard titles are getting mobile games” is a bit deceiving. Hearthstone is a mobile game, for example. It’s PC and Mobile, but I’m sure most people play it mobile.

And hearthstone is part of the Warcraft franchise. So WoW technically already has a mobile game on the market.
The only way to get through to Activision and Blizzard is with your wallet and their precious metrics.

Uninstall any games you have on Battle.net. Just stop playing them and try something new. Path of Exile is excellent. Red Dead Redemption 2 is amazing.

Cancel your WoW subscription. It doesn't have to be forever, you can come back when Blizzard changes their ways. If you are tired of being exploited by Activision/Blizzard and other big companies then just walk away. You will not miss out on anything. There is a huge world out their, go experience it.

Nah.
The only way to get through to Activision and Blizzard is with your wallet and their precious metrics.

Uninstall any games you have on Battle.net. Just stop playing them and try something new. Path of Exile is excellent. Red Dead Redemption 2 is amazing.

Cancel your WoW subscription. It doesn't have to be forever, you can come back when Blizzard changes their ways. If you are tired of being exploited by Activision/Blizzard and other big companies then just walk away. You will not miss out on anything. There is a huge world out their, go experience it.

Don't know why you thought this post would go over well. Maybe you did know that and that's the point.
11/05/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Sideways
11/05/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Vorlith
I hate what's going on with Diablo but don't tell me to stop playing other games I enjoy.

You are the problem.

ROFL!!

Yes. He and he alone is the problem. Lets get him folks!!!

/sigh
Tell me on the doll where Diablo Immortal touched you.
Sorry but I'm happy with Overwatch and WoW, so why should I stop again?

Oh right, telling people to unsubscribe is the hip thing to do lately.
Lol,no.
11/05/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Tinian
11/05/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Crapula
I stopped playing diablo way back with the AH mess. I've been playing Path of Exile and Grim Dawn since then. But none of those games has anything to do with Warcraft nor why I like to play this game.

Grim Dawn is pretty excellent across the board, honestly, even weighed against other genres. Crate really has a great IP that I think they should continue working with.
11/05/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
11/05/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Tinian

Grim Dawn is pretty excellent across the board, honestly, even weighed against other genres. Crate really has a great IP that I think they should continue working with.

Keeping my fingers crossed
11/05/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Sibenice

It is okay for people to be passionate about their hobbies and get upset when things go poorly. Yes, there are other things in life to worry about but that doesn't mean you should look down on people for getting upset because the scale of bad isn't the worst possible bad.

The way this was handled was bad and terrible. I think that's in universal agreement. But when I start reading that people are sending out death threats over this, sorry, I still stand by my statement of needing perspective. There's no excuse for that kind of behavior, I don't care how 'passionate' you are about your hobby. It reflects on the rest of us poorly and further perpetuates the stereotype of gamers being entitled, immature children.
11/05/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Snowfox
They are not my sisters and brothers.

They are consumers of a different product I don’t use.
400,000 downvotes gone in 2 days.

“Russian bots”