Arathi Highlands, Gathering

Professions
Sorry if somebody already asked this. I Googled and didn't see anything.

Since the Arathi Highlands is a 120 zone in BFA, and there is a NPC to take you to an alternate time line in zone; why can't there be max lvl herbs? Or at least a chance to drop anchor weed from the low lvl herbs.
Do skinners get current mats for skinning in this zone? If so, why can't we be gather herbs or mine current content mats?

I've had this question for other places this happens so I figured I'd ask. =D
Personally I look at it this way, why would Winter's Kiss and Siren's Sting suddenly be found in the Arathi Highlands? Finding vanilla herbs in Hellfire !@#$%ula during the BC made sense as their seeds had been tracked in via the Dark Portal and had years to take root.

Would it make sense to suddenly start to find veins of Storm Silver and Monolite Ore after decades of mining the Arathi Highlands?

Not sure about the skinning issue. Glitch in the nature of game design.
Really gotta be careful typing Peninsula.
11/07/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Haspian
Personally I look at it this way, why would Winter's Kiss and Siren's Sting suddenly be found in the Arathi Highlands? Finding vanilla herbs in Hellfire !@#$%ula during the BC made sense as their seeds had been tracked in via the Dark Portal and had years to take root.

Would it make sense to suddenly start to find veins of Storm Silver and Monolite Ore after decades of mining the Arathi Highlands?

Not sure about the skinning issue. Glitch in the nature of game design.

Oh didnt you hear? Azeroth is not a real place. The developers can create any plausible reason why we can get updated herbs/ore in an old zone.

Farmers planted the new seeds?

Miners created a mining dragon that cursed the land to sprout new mining nodes.

It dont matter.

The only thing that does matter is looking at fadeleaf pop up in an area filled with characters that have zero use for it.
A mining dragon to curse the ground with new nodes

"!RAWR!!! I CURSE YOU TO FOREVERMORE TO WASTE YOUR TIME MINING THESE METALS"
I can understand the gathering being the old mats, but would it not be possible for the mobs to drop packs of current mats? or some of the quests provide such? even if the latter is gathering the old to exchange for the new?