Life Tap Please

Warlock
BLIZZARD!!! Our mana as Warlocks are literally like an arcane mage, we drain through that stuff in a heartbeat. GIVE US BACK LIFE TAP! There was no need to take that from us.
If you run out of mana you're doing something horribly wrong
I don't think I've run out of mana since WoD.
No thanks, I miss many things that have been pruned from the game but Life Tap is not one of them.
lol stop using drain life
Just no, to Life Tap. No thanks.
...uh...

Stop using Drain Life as your filler?
I'm so confused.
11/06/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Arnoghal
BLIZZARD!!! Our mana as Warlocks are literally like an arcane mage, we drain through that stuff in a heartbeat. GIVE US BACK LIFE TAP! There was no need to take that from us.

3/10 trolling. Do better next time.
It's been a long time needing that they got rid of it, for the past few expansions no other dps had to worry about mana other than Arcane Mage which specifically focused on managing mana to maximize dps.

But I can't help but wish they would change it so it could still be in the game, or even just leave it in with no need to ever use it. It's probably the most iconic Warlock ability in the game and it feels weird that it's gone. I might even argue it's one of the most iconic abilities in the game period.
Lol I am honestly not sure why warlocks actually still have mana... I forgot in playng that we do...
Perhaps change life tap to function like rune tap for DKs?

Still sacrifice life... But gain a soul shard in return.... No cooldowns, but make the cost significant enough that 3-4 taps equals death?

Might work.

That said, with the pvp talent rot and decay, I don't see why drain life cannot be a "burst" type drain filler.

Rot and decay + curse of shadows gives more reason to utilize drain life offensively every 30sec.
I do miss life tapping for some reason. Maybe it's when we have the boss at 3% and I'm life tapping like my health is full and the healers are like bruh.

I miss lifetap as a feature, and miss actually managing my mana as a mini game. That being said, in BFA I can literally spam abilities all fight and never drop below 95% mana. If you are running out of mana you are likely using drain soul or drain life WAY too often. To my knowledge that is the only way to actually use a significant amount of mana.
nah, good riddance
11/08/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Shadowcaster
Perhaps change life tap to function like rune tap for DKs?

Still sacrifice life... But gain a soul shard in return.... No cooldowns, but make the cost significant enough that 3-4 taps equals death?

Might work.

That said, with the pvp talent rot and decay, I don't see why drain life cannot be a "burst" type drain filler.

Rot and decay + curse of shadows gives more reason to utilize drain life offensively every 30sec.

I actually wouldn't mind something like this. More specifically for aff to reduce rng shards a bit.
While everyone is shouting "Get gud" I'd like to point out that if you take the Succubus pet PVP talent as demo and stay in combat long enough, you will run out of mana without casting fear, drain life, banish, ect. Either give us back life tap or remove the mana cost of offensive spells entirely. I've ran out of mana 4 times in some intense fights and it is really unfun.
literally dont go below 95% mana on my aff lock alt. im confused
Life tap is not needed. I hated that spell for managing mana. It wasnt really a lock spell to begin with. It was actually a necromancer spell. Give it to them when kt ressurects.
we drain through that stuff in a heartbeat.

i have NEVER ran out of mana.

what are u spamming that you shouldnt be?

GIVE US BACK LIFE TAP!

no. dont.
There is ZERO reason that spell needs to exist now-a-days

Mana hasnt been an issue for any dps spell caster for ages.

11/06/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Sefferon
No thanks, I miss many things that have been pruned from the game but Life Tap is not one of them.

this.
the one spell that NEEDED pruned.

11/11/2018 02:00 AMPosted by Azryia
literally dont go below 95% mana on my aff lock alt. im confused

even destro doesnt oom.

also curious how a 113 aff lock ooms....as they should be lvling where stuff dies w/o much effort...