Oh, look what the Horde did in Darkshore. *8.1 Spoiler*

General Discussion
Back in the pre-patch, there was a quest for the Alliance in which one of the NIght Elf NPCs exclaimed "The Master's Glaive has been taken!"

I was like, "Really? The Horde stole a Titan creation's sword that's sole purpose is to seal an Old God's minion that even they couldn't kill?" to which people replied, "Relax, they didn't steal the sword, it just means they took over the area called the Master's Glaive."

Turns out, I was right. The Horde stole the literal Master's Glaive. How do we know?

https://i.imgur.com/zTL0Yub.jpg?1

The Old God Minion has revived.

Which just means that the Horde have a weapon of a Titan's creation stashed somewhere and now it's up to Alliance and Horde to kill an Old God minion that 20 of the Titan's own Stone Giants couldn't even kill, but somehow we will because he's probably just a rare.
Soggoth the Slitherer will soon be lying face down instead of standing straight up. A more humiliating death to be sure even if he constantly gets up again. We will finally have the glory of personally killing Soggoth!

The Void must really fear Sylvanas now that she has a Void sealing Sword(and will soon have an Old God eating Dagger)!
Horde peon: "Hey boss, should we really be messing with this sword? That skeleton looks pretty ominous to me. I touched it once and it peered into my soul."

Nathanos: "Nah I'm sure it'll be fine, what's the worst that could happen?"
I have no doubt the Master's Glaive was the actual goal of the War of Thorns and that Teldrassil was a necessary sideshow to gain recruits!
We don't know what you guys keep in your basement
...Soggoth looks a lot smaller than I recollect his skeleton being.
11/06/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Rothiron

I also thought he was a giant snail or something.
My long years of stopping to look at that statue while leveling and thinking "you know, some day that thing is going to be a problem" are finally over?
I’m having a feeling that’s Sylvanas is doing this stuff as some master plan to rid Azeroth of the Old Gods.

That or she’s insane

I was thinking the same thing!

As for the horde doing reckless things without care of consequences.. That fits into the horde mentality pretty well.

From a gameplay perspective I think it's cool that we get to fight Soggoth even if he is a world boss or rare or something.
Hmm, so Sylvanas is changing to Survival then?
11/06/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Maizou
Which just means that the Horde have a weapon of a Titan's creation stashed somewhere and now it's up to Alliance and Horde to kill an Old God minion that 20 of the Titan's own Stone Giants couldn't even kill, but somehow we will because he's probably just a rare.

In all fairness, there's been a trend in the game's lore since MoP that we can kill things the ancients had to just seal away. The Emperor of Pandaria had to work his tail off to seal the Sha away, but when we stepped up, they died.

Modern Azeroth is very good at turning out killers.
11/06/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Espur

I also thought he was a giant snail or something.
Nah, he just was always mostly buried.
11/06/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Ninh
Hmm, so Sylvanas is changing to Survival then?

She is grabbing everything she can to ensure that the Void that grabbed her when she died the second time doesn't get her again even if she must kill the Void in the process!

She is grabbing Void killing tools and is hiding them with public atrocities. Cunning and evil at the same time. She of course is getting smug that whatever reprisal from the Alliance and Horde kills her the Void's defeat will ensure she doesn't end up in their realm ever again...
awesome, im so glad sylvanas released this void minion that the titans couldn't even kill and had to seal away. sweeeeeeeeeeeeet
11/06/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Withpuppys
awesome, im so glad sylvanas released this void minion that the titans couldn't even kill and had to seal away. sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

To be fair, we seem to be stomping a lot of things the titans thought were unkillable.
11/06/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Eternosus
11/06/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Withpuppys

To be fair, we seem to be stomping a lot of things the titans thought were unkillable.
i rather be safe than sorry, of course we will be able to beat soggoth every other weak. but i still loathe sylvanas for freeing him in the first place
11/06/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Maizou
because he's probably just a rare.

LOL! Truth.
The Old God consuming Dagger is going to be used on one Old God and the Void Entity sealing Master's Glaive are going to be used on another...

Which ones? Furthermore Sylvanas also needs something to contain the third Old God as well!
He'd better bet equal to echo boss in Arathi to keep his lore strong.