In other news, Sylvanas is still awful

General Discussion
Spoilers ahead my doggies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp7q3_SKULE

Brings some Kul'tiran war hero back from the dead, tortures him into submission, then releases him to slaughter his family and other important figures.

I'm sorry but this is not "morally grey" at all.

Morally grey is Arthas slaughtering a city of people in attempts to stop the plague and undead from spreading to the rest of the world, even if his idea is misguided.

Evil is bringing back someone from the dead, torturing them (or what ever other weird stuff Sylvanas does) to 'mentally condition' them and use them to slaughter her enemies to keep her from her eternal well deserved fate of hell for a little bit longer.

Now if you like Sylvvanas that's fine. I'm a Empire fanboy when it comes to Star Wars but I'm fully aware the Empire is a massive butt to everyone and the fact they're the 'bad guys' isn't lost on me.

Sylvanas doing some really awful things shouldn't be lost on you either just because you like her

You can still fanboy over evil characters / the glorious Empire that will arise again to wipe out the remaining rebel scum but can we at least stop pretending like they're not doing some horrific things?
Inb4 Sylvannas fanboys "War is war! Everything she does is ok in war! All hail the dark lady!"
Normally I like evil, but when it's in the leader of a normal, non-evil-just-misguided FACTION, then I see the problem.

I do not like Sylvanas. I really don't.

11/06/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Monrith
but can we at least stop pretending like they're not doing some horrific things?

I don't think it's that people don't believe she's evil, they just choose to not care. Some even embrace it. Remember the Teldrassil burning and how the forums were flooded with Horde cheering about charred children?

morally gray lul
gotta love the story writing team trying their hardest to make Horde players feel like crappy cartoon villains lol
I don't think anyone is pretending she isn't evil at this point. And it pleases me when she kills alliance scum, so good for me?
did she napalm kids yet?
11/06/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Pales
I don't think anyone is pretending she isn't evil at this point.

You'd be surprised
11/06/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Pales
I don't think anyone is pretending she isn't evil at this point.

You obviously have never been to the story forum.

The waifu spin over their is so intense you could cough up a liver.

Then there are the people still holding out that she is secretly doing all this for the greater good.
11/06/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Dirtytricks
did she napalm kids yet?

That's on the list for next week. The Orgrimmar orphanage has been getting too noisy lately. Really disturbing the peace. But fear not, the Dark Lady will take care of it!
11/06/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Asana
did she napalm kids yet?

That's on the list for next week. The Orgrimmar orphanage has been getting too noisy lately. Really disturbing the peace. But fear not, the Dark Lady will take care of it!

"We couldn't have those children crying all night and keeping soldiers awake. That might limit their ability to kill more children. It's war, afterall. Victory for the dark lady!" - Sylv fanboys, probably
did she napalm kids yet?

does Brennadam count?
Wow that was actually pretty dark

Like dammm
I'm pretty sure I've done more morally grey things in swtor as an empire full darkside sith than I have as horde.
Jaina uses magic to her advantage in the strike on Zuldazar, and Sylvanas uses necromancy and undeath to hers. Different methods, same results.
11/06/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Swiftraven
did she napalm kids yet?

does Brennadam count?

Teldrassil sure does.
Now if you like Sylvvanas that's fine. I'm a Empire fanboy when it comes to Star Wars but I'm fully aware the Empire is a massive butt to everyone and the fact they're the 'bad guys' isn't lost on me.

don't do the imperial agent then. the quest line gave me nightmares for a week. the stuff they do. Make Sylvvanas mild in comparison. Mind control, brainwashing, hidden explosives, body chemistry/genic modification well you get picture as I cant post all stuff here.. Imperial agent are without single shred of wondering what true evil is.
11/06/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Esilda
Jaina uses magic to her advantage in the strike on Zuldazar, and Sylvanas uses necromancy and undeath to hers. Different methods, same results.

Some would say VERY different methods!
Next round of killing orphans in on the Alliance. The Dazar'alor docks are overun with troll orphans. Don't pretend the Alliance is not killing orphans when they attack Dazar'alor.
And water is wet
11/06/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Justfrosty

don't do the imperial agent then. the quest line gave me nightmares for a week. the stuff they do. Make Sylvvanas mild in comparison. Mind control, brainwashing, hidden explosives, body chemistry/genic modification well you get picture as I cant post all stuff here.. Imperial agent are without single shred of wondering what true evil is.

The imperial agent class story was the best out of all 8 class stories in swtor. Absolutely magnificent. I played mine as a dark side sith loyalist all the way. But that was my choice.