Feral

Druid
Feral still sucks at dps and geting hit just about kills you good job Blizzard
It's sad to say, but I agree, feral are pretty garbage right now. The only reason why some of us are still around is because we remain loyal to feral and refuse to sell-out rolling something else just to compete, when blizzard needs to learn to balance and design properly. ST in pve is already undermining and pvp is even worse. When you look at something like rogues who have literally a stun every 10 seconds or a way to reset a fight and see it go unaddressed it is pretty depressing. I wish you guys make better designs and fix our class in the future. AOE finishers doesn't even scrap the barrel.
I think the announcement that 8.1 isnt coming till December 11th is a real positive. Here's hoping they really address the numbers. We aren't awful currently, but we certainly aren't as competitive as we should be.

I'd love to have leader of the pack come to us as a buff. At least the crit portion, the heal could stay as a pvp talent if they think that would be too much.
11/07/2018 04:27 AMPosted by Pidooma
We aren't awful currently

I honestly can't think of any other worse melee spec in the game right now, unless you only consider PvP and nothing else, so I'd say, Feral is currently, awful, by definition.
I think the announcement that 8.1 isnt coming till December 11th is a real positive. Here's hoping they really address the numbers. We aren't awful currently, but we certainly aren't as competitive as we should be.

I'd love to have leader of the pack come to us as a buff. At least the crit portion, the heal could stay as a pvp talent if they think that would be too much.

I do believe you are spitting into the wind here trying to convince folks that the spec isn't THAT bad. Is it in a bad spot atm? Compared to others, sure. But in PvE it plays okay outside AE even if it isn't top tier dps. Feral is currently missing a bit of AE, a good unique utility that benefits raids and groups, and a bit of ST dps. Other than that... Feral is okay, atm. Granted, at every level, we get smashed by players of lesser skill that have lower iLevel. That is a tuning issue, not a spec issue.

I am looking forward to the changes coming in 8.1, although again we'll need tuning to be addressed properly. But, I think the 8.1 changes will bring more fluid playstyle options that more people will enjoy and that will be more adjustable depending on content we are consuming, be it raid/M+/Open World.

PvP... Well, that I cannot speak to so I don't. I'll leave that to the PvPers to address.
i main feral and rerolled tp this toon cuz i got benched from raids and noone wants us M+...

WHY DOES MY FROST FEVER DOTS TICKS HARDER THEN RIP RAKE AND THRASH DOT COMBINED...
my frost fever ticks for 3600 and crits for 7800
my thrash on my 370 feral ticks for 500 and crits for 1200....
my rake ticks for 1500 and crits for 3000....

NICE BALANCE BLIZZ
Seems like we're not the jack of all trades anymore where we can effectively DPS off tank and spot heal in a single raid. Back then a little mediocrity in every role was justified. But we've lost the utility ( In some sense the game as whole moved away from even needing that utility ) while we're still stuck with the mediocrity.

What I hear a lot is that our damage is back loaded. Which seems very true because my DPS goes way down if I'm in a over geared group that kills things very quickly. The thing is, that back loaded damage just keeps us at the back of the pack in ideal situations.

I'm ok with the idea of back loaded damage if it actually shined through as useful in some manner. Would even go so far as to double down on the back loading and make it real effective in long fights. Bleeds that get progressively worse over time with the combo points affecting the scaling instead of time or base damage.
11/07/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Nikkineko

I honestly can't think of any other worse melee spec in the game right now, unless you only consider PvP and nothing else, so I'd say, Feral is currently, awful, by definition.

Enhance and Ret say Hello.
11/07/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Ryecoke
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Enhance & ret bring utility (lust, blessings, lay on hands, aoe stun totem, BoP, purge) far more than a battle rez.

Enhance & ret bring utility (lust, blessings, lay on hands, aoe stun totem, BoP, purge) far more than a battle rez.

I mean, we also bring typhoon, hibernate, aoe speed boost, 2 stuns (though one is from stealth), soothe (huge for raging weeks like this week), a crazy good oh !@#$ heal in swiftmend and decent off heals with regrowths on proper targets, spammable or procd roots (great for TD keeping mobs in cannon fire), bear form taunt for taunt swaps on high hitting mobs like orb guardians in ToS so you juggle aggro without anyone ever getting hit since they cant be ccd or slowed. Also we bring the best brez, especially with the trait that gives a massive shield and in 8.1 will give main stats to the razzed target. Just depends on how you use the spec, given you wont use all this in every situation but its nice to have some extra stuff.
11/07/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Pidooma

I mean, we also bring typhoon, hibernate, aoe speed boost, 2 stuns (though one is from stealth), soothe (huge for raging weeks like this week), a crazy good oh !@#$ heal in swiftmend and decent off heals with regrowths on proper targets, spammable or procd roots (great for TD keeping mobs in cannon fire), bear form taunt for taunt swaps on high hitting mobs like orb guardians in ToS so you juggle aggro without anyone ever getting hit since they cant be ccd or slowed. Also we bring the best brez, especially with the trait that gives a massive shield and in 8.1 will give main stats to the razzed target. Just depends on how you use the spec, given you wont use all this in every situation but its nice to have some extra stuff.

ooo sempai, that's reminds me, can you i've been training the pvp, can you give me some examples of when soothe works on enranged targets? I dont know what classes can have enrage buffs, and I feel i dont use the ability enough in pvp. However, Im always hibernating hunters with single pets and messing them up greatly.

ooo sempai, that's reminds me, can you i've been training the pvp, can you give me some examples of when soothe works on enranged targets? I dont know what classes can have enrage buffs, and I feel i dont use the ability enough in pvp. However, Im always hibernating hunters with single pets and messing them up greatly.

Alternating hibernate and roots on hunter pets is huge and a great strategy to be working on.

Soothe is not too useful pvp wise. It's mostly useful on warriors, but even that is pretty slimmly used. It used to be a solid option to getting rid of grounding totems but I believe they changed it to no longer only work on the one spell and now takes everything within the time frame.
Played nothing but Feral for 8 years straight. To this day, it is still may favorite spec in game. I started this Rogue when I read the changed they would be doing for Legion. After said changes became a reality, I benched my Feral for the first time in nearly a decade and mained this rogue. Only the 2nd toon I've played seriously for almost 11 years. I chose Mut because it reminds me a lot of old school feral with the bleed dot management. IDK why, but Blizz just hates Feral and I couldn't be a part of it anymore. KUDOS to you all for standing by what is still the greatest spec IMO.
11/07/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Pidooma

Alternating hibernate and roots on hunter pets is huge and a great strategy to be working on.

Soothe is not too useful pvp wise. It's mostly useful on warriors, but even that is pretty slimmly used. It used to be a solid option to getting rid of grounding totems but I believe they changed it to no longer only work on the one spell and now takes everything within the time frame.

kk thank you
Feral gets better with alot of haste - 20+%. I can't speak for M+, but for raids ST feral is fine. We do need some AoE which 8.1 addresses to an extent. I think we could stand for a better offensive cooldown as well.
at this point i give up i log on put sh it in the AH and log off and go play minecraft on the PS4 lol
11/06/2018 11:32 PMPosted by Xvalentina
It's sad to say, but I agree, feral are pretty garbage right now. The only reason why some of us are still around is because we remain loyal to feral and refuse to sell-out rolling something else just to compete, when blizzard needs to learn to balance and design properly. ST in pve is already undermining and pvp is even worse. When you look at something like rogues who have literally a stun every 10 seconds or a way to reset a fight and see it go unaddressed it is pretty depressing. I wish you guys make better designs and fix our class in the future. AOE finishers doesn't even scrap the barrel.

Rogues kidney shot is 20seconds like feral's maim.
Ferals kit is just as diverse if not more than rogue's to be honest.
Ferals have just as many ways to reset a fight as rogues and soon will have more when cyclone comes back.
Rogues and ferals have different things going for them but don't call rogues a sell-out because I know you're implying that.
11/12/2018 01:34 AMPosted by Estrath
11/06/2018 11:32 PMPosted by Xvalentina

Rogues kidney shot is 20seconds like feral's maim.
Ferals kit is just as diverse if not more than rogue's to be honest.
Ferals have just as many ways to reset a fight as rogues and soon will have more when cyclone comes back.
Rogues and ferals have different things going for them but don't call rogues a sell-out because I know you're implying that.

Cyclone should've never left and you will rarely get a hardcast off when you need it against a decent player, sure it helps, but it doesn't even compare to the amount of instant cc a rogue has to control the fight. Rogues are so overturned, they aren't even comparable. It's a sellout class and it's not even the players fault tbh, can't blame them for playing something that seems to remain strong and current. I kill plenty of rogues as feral and it feels rewarding, just tired of seeing things go ignored for so long, then their best idea is a "pve fix:. literally, might as well call it that, wtf does an entire bar dedicated to aoe do for feral in pvp? Unless you have done as much pvp and mained feral as long as some of us have, you can never understand how painful this is when your class is being undermined. Sometimes the players who spent most of their time playing a certain class competitively and studying it can come up with better balances than an employee of blizzard, which is why so many random druids have suggested better fixes than the piece of crap we're about to be given, this is a baby step one that's not even in the right direction at that...... "pvp wise".
11/07/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Nikkineko

I want to say enhance shaman but even then I think that isn't true lol. (PVE)