Free Destiny 2

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Thanks so much Blizzard for giving us Destiny 2 for free! Never seen such generosity from a gaming developer!
Whatever the reason was why you did this, it's greatly appreciated.

One thing though, i absolutely hate microtransactions, i'm sure i'm not alone in saying i'd much rather pay for a game and have these things obtainable by playing the game. That being said, i am really enjoying playing Destiny 2 and microtransactions haven't impacted the game play so far, so thanks again.
I have been killing so many newbies in the crucible thanx to that haha :)
I have Destiny 2 on Xbox already, but it was a pretty sweet gift. It’s a pretty fun game in its own right.

Exo Titans represent’n
I'm pretty stoked. I've been holding off on buying it because I'm a penny pincher at heart, but I'll definitely be diving in this weekend.
Never even bothered with Destiny 1 honestly
11/07/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Sinnistere
Thanks so much Blizzard for giving us Destiny 2 for free!

Destiny is an Activision property.
11/07/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Meshuggah
11/07/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Sinnistere
Thanks so much Blizzard for giving us Destiny 2 for free!

Destiny is an Activision property.

A good thing you were there to remind this important fact to all of us.

Well done!
Yeah was surprised when i got the notification. Would have thought it a scam if wasn't on my battle net messages
I've been hearing that Destiny 2 is doing rather poorly with reputation amongst its players, finding some way to anger its playerbase with just about every patch, I remember the ridiculous scandals involving last year's Christmas event, and some of the things just a bit after that too.

Maybe they're giving away D2 just try and inflate the playerbase a little, hoping a few people are curious enough to try it out, hoping a few of them will get hooked on it enough to actually buy things through the eververse and thus make some money?
They fixed a lot of the issues people were having. It's still not perfect, but I think the playerbase has come back for the most part. The main reason vanilla is free (in my opinion anyway) is if you enjoy the game you'll buy the expansions.
Is it free for everything inside?

I didn't download it yet.

But what is exactly free about it..
The base game is free. The first two mini-expansions and The Forsaken aren't included. There's plenty of game to play, especially for free.
11/07/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Edisbelee
Is it free for everything inside?

I didn't download it yet.

But what is exactly free about it..

You only get the classic version free, the other two expansions are not free.
Say what you will about the game itself but the fact that we got it for free is pretty impressive. I've played a little bit and it's not really my thing, but it's fun to hop on now and again.
Is it better than the 1st one? are raids required to get light?
11/08/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Tyrealle
Is it better than the 1st one? are raids required to get light?

I havent bough Forsaken yet, but prior to Forsaken, no. I never raided and had the Power (no longer Light) cap on all three characters from relatively casual play.

I also earned enouh of the in-game currency used for cosmetics to never even think about having to spend real money.

AFAIK, Forsaken added MORE ways to get Powerful Gear Engrams (which are always 5 or 10 Power better than your owned average), not less, so i dont imagine it changed.

Right before Forsaken, some friends drug me throuh the existing Raids just to see them. Theynreally werent touh or too time consuming.
https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/ReferAFriend?code=RAF-VX3-HKD-6V4

[NA/PC] RaF code for anyone starting up and thinking about popping on the full expac kit.
11/07/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Remela

Exo Titans represent’n

Defender since day 1. Sentinel if im feeling spicy.
11/08/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Lóthorin
Say what you will about the game itself but the fact that we got it for free is pretty impressive. I've played a little bit and it's not really my thing, but it's fun to hop on now and again.

Don't get too excited about it. They are giving it away for free because they know anyone who keeps playing will still have to pony up like $70 just to get the latest content.

Destiny's pricing structure is basically like a subscription MMO, except you pay 2 years of it up front and don't save anything for taking breaks.