The Devoted Sethrak reaching out to the Zandalari?

General Discussion
Hello everyone!

I think we all want to know what will happen next with the Sethrak storyline and there's been some speculation that the Zandalari and Sethrak will reconnect with the return of Sethraliss and defeat of the faithless. As the Zandalari and the Sethrak used to live in Vol'dun in harmony worshipping Sethraliss together way back. I think I've found proof of the Devoted reaching out to the Zandalari, for what I assume to tell them that Sethraliss is back and bring back her old followers.

There's a Sethrak npc at the market in Dazar'alor named Aliya, this, however, may not mean much as there's plenty of different races that come to trade there. There's one more npc in Dazar'alor though, in the hall of lesser loa sit a Sethrak that's called "Priest of Sethraliss" together with other followers of loa. Now comes the real kicker, both these Sethrak npcs are only visible if you completed the full Vol'dun quest line. So they only arrived after what takes place in Vol'dun.

This might be the start of the Sethrak and Zandalari becoming true allies, they both share a similar belief system and are old allies. Both also just came out from a civil war of sorts. The leaders of both factions Vorrik and Talanji are both devout followers of their loa. I think all of these things can make them closer and having something to bond over, especially if more trolls start worshipping Sethraliss again and maybe even pilgrimage to Vol'dun.

Please everyone tell me what you think about this and your own theories. Have a nice day!
It makes sense the Sethrak would be more interesting in connecting with the Zandalari and their Horde allies as of the end of Vol'dun's storyline. I'm interested to see what the writers do with Sethraliss moving forward.
11/09/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Highelf
you going to get shat on by High E- I mean NPC Sethrak fans for this.

No need to be rude here, I just want other peoples opinion on this development and their own theories on what's to come out of this.
It's cute. Not your topic, but your belief that you're fooling anyone
11/09/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Deklend
It's cute. Not your topic, but your belief that you're fooling anyone

I swear, the climate is so toxic around the factions, and by extension every possible allied race.
I didn't say anything about sethrak being an allied race, or them joining the greater horde. To be honest I don't think they would like the horde at large, but they can be local allies to the zandalari.

There's been theories about how the sethrak and zandalari might grow closer or at the very least seek each other out. These npcs show that they have or at least a few individuals have, and I thought that was cool and worthy of sharing. I also want to know what everyone else thinks about this development and how it may turn out in the end.

But so far all I got in this thread is people being hostile to the other faction or what I assume is me being a poorly disguised troll. No wonder people don't take the forums seriously.
I'd like to know what the Devoted Sethrak think about those Alliance purge squads coming in 8.1.
I don't think those NPCs really mean anything honestly. There's a variety of races in the bazaar such Vrykul, Jinyu, and Tol'vir and likewise the priest is a Sethrak. He might be trying to spread the word of Sethraliss, but until we see some non-Sethrak followers it means he's not really succeeding. And especially with Bwonsamdi being "raised above all other loa" by Rasta, I'm sure not everybody will be keen on worshiping the goddess of a friendly splinter group.
11/09/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Qpack
I'd like to know what the Devoted Sethrak think about those Alliance purge squads coming in 8.1.

That they are next.
I'm Sorry, but I think the Sethrak look really stupid. It's literally just a cobra on top of a humanoid body... It just looks so silly to me. I know some people like them, and I respect that, not trying to step on anyone's toes, but personally I really hope we get Vulpera before the Sethrak.
11/09/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Umbrafang
I don't think those NPCs really mean anything honestly. There's a variety of races in the bazaar such Vrykul, Jinyu, and Tol'vir and likewise the priest is a Sethrak. He might be trying to spread the word of Sethraliss, but until we see some non-Sethrak followers it means he's not really succeeding. And especially with Bwonsamdi being "raised above all other loa" by Rasta, I'm sure not everybody will be keen on worshiping the goddess of a friendly splinter group.

I don't agree that they're meaningless, it shows that the devoted or at least a few members of them decided to reach out to the zandalari. Even if they're not a lot of sethrak it's still a confirmation on what's been theorized in some circles.

I agree that the vendor on it's own would not have meant much as I state in my opening post, but at least it shows that the priest is not an isolated case.

Yes, we will have to see if any zandalari actually decide to follow Sethraliss which will be interesting. But having the priest in the city is at least proof that the zandalari at the very least tolerates sethraliss.

Bwonsamdi only wants to be raised over the other loa, which I take is to be more revered than the other ones in the zandalari pantheon, there's no talk about being the only loa or banning others.

I'm not sure what you mean about the last point, but the trolls are pretty free to pick their loa to worship so I don't think anyone would be forced into it. Or do you mean not keen on the idea that she is the loa of the devoted which is friendly to the alliance?
Tolerate is an interesting word choice. I find it interesting that she has no presence in Zandalari culture at all. Not a single name drop, not a single non-Devoted follower, and no presence in either the House of the Loa or the Hall of Lost Loa. She's suspiciously absent in any form outside of Vol'dun sans the priest. It could be that she's been dead so long she was forgotten even by the people who made memorials to dead loas or maybe she's some sort of... snake boogeyman that shouldn't be brought up for whatever reason. Idk. I want to know more about that.

As for Bwon, we don't know his goals but I doubt that him taking control of the Zandalari Empire will be... peaceful. When Rasta said he'd raise him above all other loa, I took it as a "you need to convert to him" kinda message. While that, if true, wouldn't go over smoothly, I just don't see many people willingly accepting the loa representing a race that's been in conflict with them and encroaching on their land. Of course Blizz can write whatever they want.
The sethrak will not be allies with the zandalari. not event he devoted. Vorrick has expressed he wants to bring the faithless back into the fold and with korthek dead and sethraliss returned he can do that.

vulpera are the mortal enemies of the sethrak. they will never get along and the vulpera are firmly established with zandalar and the horde. In the 8.1 incursions the vulpera practically lump the sethrak and alliance into the same category. also the horde may or may not be attacking sethrak in the incursions that the alliance free.

I think it is fairly established that sethrak = alliance and vulpera = horde.
11/09/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Umbrafang
Tolerate is an interesting word choice. I find it interesting that she has no presence in Zandalari culture at all. Not a single name drop, not a single non-Devoted follower, and no presence in either the House of the Loa or the Hall of Lost Loa. She's suspiciously absent in any form outside of Vol'dun sans the priest. It could be that she's been dead so long she was forgotten even by the people who made memorials to dead loas or maybe she's some sort of... snake boogeyman that shouldn't be brought up for whatever reason. Idk. I want to know more about that.

As for Bwon, we don't know his goals but I doubt that him taking control of the Zandalari Empire will be... peaceful. When Rasta said he'd raise him above all other loa, I took it as a "you need to convert to him" kinda message. While that, if true, wouldn't go over smoothly, I just don't see many people willingly accepting the loa representing a race that's been in conflict with them and encroaching on their land. Of course Blizz can write whatever they want.

I used tolerate deliberately as that would be the worst case and the best case would be having Sethraliss currently viewed as one of the accepted loa not part of the core zandalari pantheon, like the other followers of loa in the hall of minor loa.

About there being no mention or stelae to Sethraliss in Dazar'alor could be that she's seen as a long lost or simply forgotten loa, 16k years is a long time. I also think that it would be a bit careless of the zandalari to do so though as they are all about their loa. They seemed more concerned in wotlk about how the drakkari killed and consumed their loa than the scourge after all.

Also one interesting thing I've noticed about the house of Lost Loa is that all of the stelae to remember the lost loa are relatively new additions, it's the drakkari loa which only died a few years ago, and then the loa we lost in bfa being Rezan, Shadra and Hir'eek.
The only one that can even be somewhat "ancient" is the Hakkar one, and that is only if it was raised when they managed to kill and banish Hakkars avatar the first time in the Zul'Gurub empire and thus can not be older then 1500 years at most. It can however also been made when we killed Hakkar in vanilla which is also quite recent.
So I think by this theory that the house of lost loa must be a recent created thing as it only hold recently lost loa. If this is becuse they've just never had need for such a building before or not I do not know.
EDIT: I just re-read the Hakkar stelae and it says "Patron and doom of the Gurubashi Empire, the corrupted "Blood God" was defeated during a union of Zandalar with foreign powers." which would imply it is about the the vanilla incident a few years ago.

I must admit that I find it weird for them to have a stelae for Hakkar though as he is not a well liked loa at all and has caused so much grief.

And yeah we have to see what ol'Bwonsamdi has in his mind, hopefully we find out soon.

About how the zandalari would not accept the devoted due to the faithless attacking, I think they would. They're not the same faction and had a civil war, the faithless don't even worship sethraliss. The zandalari just experienced a civil war as well with Zul joining G'huun. I think that would give the zandalari a reminder and understanding from their own experience.
That doesn't make a lot of sense though.

1) That is literally the place we are set to invade next patch. I am not sure if the Vol'jin questline is supposed to take before or after the invasion but it seems odd Blizzard would drop them off right before/after the entire city becomes a warzone.

2) The Vulpera NPC quote ( https://tinyurl.com/y8j2tuap ) regarding the purge squads comes to mind, saying that the Alliance are "no better than Sethrak". Not Faithless, but Sethrak as a whole. Considering Vulpera are all but completely confirmed at this point, it would seem odd to have them talk so venomously about a race they are supposedly going to ally with.

3) Do we know for sure Sethrak NPCs are not popping up in any Alliance settlements in the area? Nightborne in Legion were pretty common and working with both factions right up until they decided to stab the Alliance in the back.

4) I don't really buy the loa argument. Zandalari and Sethrak might both worship loa but they also worship very different loa. I could see that being an area of conflict as much if not more than one of unity.
We don't know if the Purge Squad are canon, sadly.

On the Alliance side, our orders are specifically to not harm the Vulpera.

Blizzard's at it again with doing Alliance and Horde having two conflicting stories, with one being canon, one non-canon, but not telling us which one is canon until later.
I would enjoy Sethrak over Vulpera
I just want sethrak playable horde or alliance, but if they go horde blizzard is in for more drama. Slap alliance with worse racials, horse mounts, gnomes made of garbage, red headed step child status, and mean while horde gets two new races. Yeah cya later alliance I am out! Would be a really good way to delete alliance from wow.
The Devoted Sethrak are part of the Voldunai faction. The Voldunai are a Horde faction.

This is pretty straightforward stuff.
11/10/2018 12:34 AMPosted by Släm
I just want sethrak playable horde or alliance, but if they go horde blizzard is in for more drama. Slap alliance with worse racials, horse mounts, gnomes made of garbage, red headed step child status, and mean while horde gets two new races. Yeah cya later alliance I am out! Would be a really good way to delete alliance from wow.

Most of the comments I've seen on mechano-gnomes have been positive. But given Alliance will cry about anything, this response doesn't surprise me. #Alliance=victimculture