Mythic uldir

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
So when is the lockout gonna change for mythic? I don't have a good guild cause my server isn't that good and I can't spend money on a transfer. So i pug everything i do and play by myself.

I joined a group that wasn't so great but stuck with it cause i just don't quit and give up like a lot of people not knowing that i would be locked out unless i was with that lead well now i cant get with that lead again and tbh i don't think that lead could push any further then Taloc. And I'm not that high on running my own group.
11/09/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Íllûsìøñ
So when is the lockout gonna change for mythic? I don't have a good guild cause my server isn't that good and I can't spend money on a transfer. So i pug everything i do and play by myself.

I joined a group that wasn't so great but stuck with it cause i just don't quit and give up like a lot of people not knowing that i would be locked out unless i was with that lead well now i cant get with that lead again and tbh i don't think that lead could push any further then Taloc. And I'm not that high on running my own group.

Mythic lockouts don't change. A mythic lockout is a mythic lockout.

As for your excuses, your server has 8 alliance guilds with mythic progression. You could try to join one of those without paying for a transfer.

If you're unwilling to transfer, unwilling to join a guild raid on your current server, then that leaves forming your own group. But you're "not that high on running your own group."

So you're choosing to stay on your server, choosing not to join an existing mythic raid on your server, choosing not to lead your own group, and somehow, Blizzard is to blame and needs to change the way the lockout works for your convenience.

At which point would you start believing that you actually need to do something and not demand that it be done for you?

Tough luck. Mythic lockouts aren’t changing any time soon, if at all. If you want to continue, I suggest you find a stable raid group that is willing to take you to Mythic.
11/09/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Zothlar

Mythic lockouts don't change. A mythic lockout is a mythic lockout.

As for your excuses, your server has 8 alliance guilds with mythic progression. You could try to join one of those without paying for a transfer.

If you're unwilling to transfer, unwilling to join a guild raid on your current server, then that leaves forming your own group. But you're "not that high on running your own group."

So you're choosing to stay on your server, choosing not to join an existing mythic raid on your server, choosing not to lead your own group, and somehow, Blizzard is to blame and needs to change the way the lockout works for your convenience.

At which point would you start believing that you actually need to do something and not demand that it be done for you?
See you comment is to much to where there was no point for your comment. Not once in my post it says anything about blaming blizzard and not once does it say that I'm looking for a more convenient way or demand something to be done for me. I ask if it was gonna change as the person i am not knowing the info and curious to know. And gave my reason to why i wanted the info. haha keyboard warrior you are!
I really wish once mythic became xrealm that it didn't have a lockout.

My guild has had roster issues which affect progression and I'm sure other guilds have that as well. No lockout would allow raiders who have more time to raid to practice on later bosses. Not only that, the next raid will be releasing soon.
If they remove the lock out that will really be the last straw for me. Rather not deal with more attendance nonsense which it will cause and just go play ff or ms.
11/10/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Gwenchan
I really wish once mythic became xrealm that it didn't have a lockout.

My guild has had roster issues which affect progression and I'm sure other guilds have that as well. No lockout would allow raiders who have more time to raid to practice on later bosses. Not only that, the next raid will be releasing soon.

You think your roster issues are going to get better when anybody can just pug any boss at any time?
Not sure why they let people pug it but then they don't give the pugs an open loot lock out.
Removing the lockout will make it easier for ppl to rest when content isn't current. People get burnt out and having an option to pug will help with rosters. Lock ID is still good during the hall of fame, gives guilds identity and encourages guilds to be guilds.
11/11/2018 01:09 AMPosted by Longos
Not sure why they let people pug it but then they don't give the pugs an open loot lock out.

This "ask for an inch take a mile" mentality is exactly why they shouldn't even open it up to cross realm.
11/11/2018 01:09 AMPosted by Longos

Really? It's been explained in hundreds of threads over the years, and referenced in three threads that you posted in this week. Do you not bother reading the answers or do you just disregard anything that doesn't agree with your myopic world view?

I agree, what would it hurt to change the lockout so you can continue doing bosses with another group instead of being saved to the original lockout every week.
It woudnt hurt anything.
its already old content.
11/12/2018 12:38 AMPosted by Longos
It woudnt hurt anything.
its already old content.

No it's not...wtf are you talking about? It will be old content once the new raid comes out in January.
11/12/2018 12:38 AMPosted by Longos
It woudnt hurt anything.
its already old content.

As a guild that is currently working on Fetid and 4/8M I can definitely attest to this, it is NOT old content yet. There are plenty of guilds across all realms that are still working their way through it. Changing Instance ID lock would ruin it because it would lead to attendance issues that we currently all already struggle with.
I searched specifically for a post like this. I read all opinions above, and while I consider that there is a natural fear of changes, if the outcome isn't good, it can be changed back.
The major issue here seems to be the argument that attendance would be lower because part of your comp can PUG and not go with the guild. In my personal opinion, however, if you have players that are going to drop because they can PUG, first and foremost, they aren't team players to begin with. Second, your group really needs to improve if an unorganized PUG with players that never met before can have more success than a guild group with players that know each other and their limitations. Third, those specific players will drop anytime soon, with a change to the lockout or not.

I belong to a guild in my server that recruits a lot and has actually reached many times the maximum number of players, such as that the GM has to kick characters that haven't logged in a while AND are below 120. We have one successfully core that runs in late hours that also has minor attendance issues (2/8M). But many players, including myself, that needs to work early in the morning cannot raid from midnight to 3am, and we and around 15others need to pug. The rest of the guild simply put isn't interested in the woes of mythic progression. We pugged yersteday and could down Taloc again, to me a more hectic fight than mother (that is very predictable). Nonetheless, we likely won't be able to have players for today's mother progression because anyone that joins needs to have no lockout for the week - skipping Taloc that we already downed.

The top 100 guilds on both factions have already made their marks, now the other guilds just want progress as much as they can before the next raid. I'm 379 and have nothing more that I can do to improve my char, I could just cancel my subscription till 8.1 hits specially with the horrible RNG on azerite pieces (that happen to come in the same slot) of weekly M+ chest.

Therefore, I would very much like that the lockout is changed to H/N lockouts when cross-realm mythic pugging is allowed.