What’s it going to be like..

Classic Discussion
I mean we have already seen every corner of the world, and all of our current selves would have destroyed our old selves if we went back in time fought and ourselves.

Everyone is far more skilled. I would have farmed myself at gurbashi non stop taking my skill and knowledge now and applying it to vanilla. Will it still be the same I wonder. Anyone else thought about this?
Obviously its not going to be as raw as the first go around but I dont think people are coming back to classic to see if they can outscore their 'nilla experience - though it will be appreciated Im sure.
I started on a pserver for the 1st time a few months after Nost closed, which meant that I've not played vanilla in almost 10 years by then. Yes, it was easier than it was in '05, but at the same time it was hugely more difficult than retail, not even close. Of course I play warriors only, so just that makes it difficult for vanilla leveling and skill does not play as much of a role in leveling as it does in raids.

I mean, if you pull more than 2 mobs, you will die. Even if you pull 2 mobs, you will probably have to pot. If you pull a mob over 3 levels higher, you will probably die wihtout potting, unless you have great dungeon gear, which is unlikely pre-60.

If you pull most Elites that are not at least 3 or preferably more levels below you, you will die.

You will have to eat/drink... a lot. You will celebrate every useful green you get while leveling, I mean seriously. Part of the difficulty of vanilla leveling is the fact that by and large, your gear blows monkey chunks.

Now, this applies to melee mostly. Hunters.... well, the original facerolling class was called that for a reason. Once you get your pet, you might as well play with your big toe.
There are going to be plenty of noobs this time around who have no idea what it's like to have to have a deadly world or methodical CC in dungeons.

Many people who never played early WoW are going to find it out it's a slower, less streamlined but extremely satisfying experience.
11/09/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Coniferous
There are going to be plenty of noobs this time around who have no idea what it's like to have to have a deadly world or methodical CC in dungeons.

Many people who never played early WoW are going to find it out it's a slower, less streamlined but extremely satisfying experience.

Immersion.