Call to arms (Repeatable)

War Mode and World PvP
Make call to arms repeatable, with lesser rewards after the first time.

First quest turn in: Normal rewards
Subsequent quest turn ins: A set amount of conquest points (8? 15? Exact number up for discussion)

We really need a viable, repeatable way to gain CP in WPVP. Battle grounds, and Arena are fine, but they shouldn't be the only way to gain CP consistently.

If not CP, then certainly an alternate currency with comparable gear progression.
Total agreement here. Whole reason I started playing again with BFA was the promise of world PVP. It still doesnt exist though. There is just no reason to world PVP once you have your weekly done.

Honestly even the weekly is a bit "weak" in terms of rewards for world PVP, but at least a change like this, making conquest farmable in world PVP just like it is in BGs and Arena, would be a step in the right direction.

Why make world pvp a selling point for the expansion if you arent actually going to do anything to promote world PVP?
I think they're worried about too much ganking.

I'd suggest that the less populated faction gets repeats until the total number of Call to Arms taken on each faction is proportional to the war mode population of the opposite faction.
11/10/2018 02:06 AMPosted by Yarrow

I'd suggest that the less populated faction gets repeats until the total number of Call to Arms taken on each faction is proportional to the war mode population of the opposite faction.

Lol, now you want free conquest! Gimme a break.

OP I have said this too. I wpvp for WPVP,
And would like to see more quests added if nothing else.

There is however PvP WQs coming in 8.1 that supposedly will have actual PvP and award conquest.

If they bring back towers and make the Warmode exclusive and give us conquest from that I will be happy.
The only way Conquest should be added in is if the 'faction is in need of aid' buff is up. At least it benefits those fighting with the disadvantage and temporarily remains until the imbalance is offset.

Repeat Call To Arms would be nice. It'd also be nice to have repeatable objectives/locations to take over as well.
11/10/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Dæmônic
11/10/2018 02:06 AMPosted by Yarrow

I wasn't even thinking about the Conquest; I cap my Conquest in battlegrounds every week. Not that there's anything "free" about Conquest earned in world PVP when you're on the minority faction.

That said, give the repeats 10 Conquest instead of 50. Just enough that people have an excuse to do it instead of battlegrounds if they already prefer world PVP. It won't skew Conquest or gear, but it will make the world PVP more even.

There is however PvP WQs coming in 8.1 that supposedly will have actual PvP and award conquest.

If they bring back towers and make the Warmode exclusive and give us conquest from that I will be happy.

Based on past history, these are unlikely to stimulate much actual PVP.
11/10/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Dæmônic

I wasn't even thinking about the Conquest; I cap my Conquest in battlegrounds every week. Not that there's anything "free" about Conquest earned in world PVP when you're on the minority faction.

That said, give the repeats 10 Conquest instead of 50. Just enough that people have an excuse to do it instead of battlegrounds if they already prefer world PVP. It won't skew Conquest or gear, but it will make the world PVP more even.

Daemonic seems to think the entire Alliance is running around in Cryptid raids 24/7 and that we somehow can complete quests in those raids.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yes, well like I said, I am all for the repeatedly conquest quest but for both factions. I prefer WPvP over BGs, so why should I not be allowed conquest? Spamming BGs especially with the large Q times is a major chore when you have 3+ toons to cap, and for currently catch up still. My DH just caught up thank gosh so he will be easier.

Daemonic seems to think the entire Alliance is running around in Cryptid raids 24/7 and that we somehow can complete quests in those raids.

Doesn't have to be Cryptid raids, I am not under the impression of anything except what I see. I see groups of Ally's calling horde all over the place. Whether they are multi 5 man's 10 man raids, or just random questers I don't know. However there is groups of Ally's sweeping horde all over the place.

Every single day this last week, I have been in fights with large groups of allies, yesterday I got 2 bounties, from the same group of 5 people. If your so disadvantaged, how can a 5m group have 2 bounties? Hmm.

Oh not only did they have 2 bounties, farming seekers point, they then tried to hold down the Turtle Quest. My 5man GG wiped them up, but that's besides the point.

That was because, they we're a 5m probably from LFG or whatever, and we were a guild group in comms.

Which is exactly what all you whiners should do. Get your guild to group up, and go do WM toghether. Don't act like you have to go solo, because 90% of the allies I see are not while I usually am. Are you not in WPvP guilds? That want to do WPvP anyway?
getting people together to go and "do warmode" is a difficult sell when there is no character advancement in it. People are trying to gear up and get stronger, and many people have responsibilities that keep them from being able to play 12 hours a day. When they can play, they dont want to waste time doing things that arent making their character stronger.

Thats why repeatable Call to Arms would be so incredibly useful.
I agree. There needs to be more quests for warmode! I love getting my weekly in, but as someone who has Conqueror and Horde Slayer I feel they need to add more Call to Arms, and maybe more challenging versions of it for more content to do!

Also would not mind additional feats of strength like Horde/Alliance Slayer but I'm not sure what that could be.
I like the addition of PVP world events in war mode, but I don't think it fixes the major issue. If the point is to finish the objective to get a reward, then that actually encourages the avoidance of enemy players so as to expedite the completion of said event. We need incentive to engage the enemy, as opposed to avoid them.

There should be a system in place to gain rewards from PVP combat throughout the game, where you can find small skirmishes, as opposed to being herded into small areas to engage in zerg based combat.

Make unique kills worth something, be it currency, or repeatable quests.
11/12/2018 07:17 AMPosted by Dæmônic
Doesn't have to be Cryptid raids, I am not under the impression of anything except what I see. I see groups of Ally's calling horde all over the place. Whether they are multi 5 man's 10 man raids, or just random questers I don't know. However there is groups of Ally's sweeping horde all over the place.

That's fine, you can speak to your experience. But recently you've been projecting your experience onto everyone else, assuming it's more widespread than it really is.