No Xmog from classic to live Bad idea no mounts titles fine and yes raided in vanlla to naxx

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
No thank you. I do not want any reward on live requiring you to replay the whole game on classic. Keep them separate.
What xmogs are people looking for that we can't get now? Isn't almost all of it still in game and much easier to farm at level 120?
I 100% hope they do not link anything at all between Classic and Live.

I have no interest in playing Classic but I'd make myself if I could get unobtainable appearances that transferred to live.

I doubt anybody that really wants Classic would appreciate me being there just to take gear for transmog purposes.
Don't cross the streams. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyaLZHiJJnE
No one should be playing to unlock things for Retail. Play Classic for the love of Classic and nothing else.
No.

There needs to be zero incentive to play Classic other than liking the game
I can just see GD next Summer : Why am I FORCED to play Classic just to unlock the Whirlwind Axe appearance! Why am I FORCED to play Classic just to get the Scarab Lord title. Why am I FORCED to play Classic for 60 hours a week to get T3 mogs....etc.

I can see Classic forums as well: I can't believe I *HAVE* to play with all these "retail tourists". I wish <insert bigname private server name here> was still online so I could feel special again! Someone actually ASKED what their Pre-Raid BIS helm was. I mean the nerve of someone not having already capped that same toon on private servers multiple times! We did Ragnaros today in a pug and we actually had to DO mechanics! Stupid retail tourist raid leader wouldn't stack Fury warriors!

Linking the games' Achievments and appearances would not make players of either game happy.
#NOCHANGES

if you don't want to play classic to play classic, you are not the demogrphic.

I'd love to get OG Corrupted Ashbringer appearance for my DK and Paladin, along with some of the other pieces like Judgment (obtained officially by downing the OG bosses, not speedran one shots in live). But what I don't want is retail tourists coming in in droves, causing server congestion at the start, because they're delusional enough to think they can get to OG Naxx for unobtainable transmog, or they think they have the mettle to be the Scarab Lord.

If you don't want to play Classic for Classic, don't play Classic.
11/09/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Ravenskar
I 100% hope they do not link anything at all between Classic and Live.

I have no interest in playing Classic but I'd make myself if I could get unobtainable appearances that transferred to live.

I doubt anybody that really wants Classic would appreciate me being there just to take gear for transmog purposes.

I like you, you have a good grasp of the situation.
I get why you want it, OP, but doing so would severely and negatively impact the Vanilla economy
Bad OP! (Whacks OP on the nose with a rolled up paper). Classic should not share anything with current WoW. Ever. This is just mho though lol.

Sorry for bopping you on the nose, here is a treat... lol :) <3
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769568767#post-1

Hmmm, deja vu.

I think these threads are being started by Classic enthusiasts who are starting to realize and fear that Classic that must be paid for with a sub may not be as popular as they hope.

Therefore they are looking for ways to artificially inflate the numbers by suggesting things that they know will draw people from current to classic just to get things to use in current.

No.

Classic needs to prove that it can stand solo in this era by itself, not be propped up by current players farming for stuff to use in current.
11/09/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Blackshift
I think it is a terrible idea to not link your closet to live from classic

Things removed from Live have no business being "earned" in a different game. I'm very often at odds with decisions Blizz makes, this isn't one of them.
They should just reintroduce some vanilla only mogs to live via rare drops or something. No need to make it transferable, it would ruin the experience for people who want to play classic for classic's sake.
Translation: "I want my easy to get Tier 3 after we roflstomp naxx 40 to transfer to live/modern WoW because i can't be bothered to make the gold to buy it off the BMAH."
11/09/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Epoch
So what youre saying is, you want things that were not in classic to be put in classic?

Ohh boy. You "but its not classic" boys are going to be in for a treat.

Even if everything was perfectly classic, time outside of WoW has moved on and so has our ability to create addons as well as our general behaviors. I expect addons and boxing to be a real thorn in the side of classic.

11/09/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Cyniel
Yeah there was stuff I'd like to have gotten from vanilla that I can't have.. but no I don't agree that they should give it to you in the current version.

What about stuff we had earned before but didnt have the foresight to keep for six years? Or the stuff that changed armor types? or the stuff that did not but was BiS or at least good for classes that as of cataclysm could only mog higher armor types?

11/09/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Nokten
Do people just not want to work anymore ? Must everything be handed to them ?

Also why, why not just do the older stuff to get the xmogs on live ? What do they need to be linked ?

Why do people insist on turning games into a job? I work a job, I play a game.

also a lot of stuff has been removed from the game such as old strath armors. they cant even be found on the BMAH unlike T3.
11/09/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Romanna
Classic didn't have transmogs.

He's not asking for transmog in Classic.

He wants to be able to use gear farmed on the Classic server in his live transmog.

Largely, I suppose, because so much of it is unavailable now.
11/09/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Galdylocks
Translation: "I want my easy to get Tier 3 after we roflstomp naxx 40 to transfer to live/modern WoW because i can't be bothered to make the gold to buy it off the BMAH."

I guarantee you it would be far less work to just farm gold in retail than to actually progress, clear and get Naxxramas on farm. It takes on average like 11 days played time to cap a character in vanilla. Not to mention getting preraid BIS and attunements. And not to mention how long it will take to progress b/w tiers.
I can't imagine how much gold I'd make with 11 days of herbing, but I'm pretty sure I'd make enough to buy the Plague-heart set.
11/09/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Galdylocks

I dont think you can roflstomp naxx even with all the knowledge, you still need plenty lots of consumables and AQ/BWL gear.
11/09/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Taugra
Part of classic was working your butt off until you earned the right to not look like a clown.

I'm scared too

Have to disagree with you there. It was basically just a crapshoot where you prayed you liked your current tier... assuming you were a raider at any rate.

I can still hear the rage-filled screams of GD over the AQ armors~