No Xmog from classic to live Bad idea no mounts titles fine and yes raided in vanlla to naxx

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
I’m still going to play it but I would have a bigger interest if I could unlock transmogs there for my main account.

There’s several appearances that you can’t get anymore that I either deleted the item or missed picking up that I would love to get back again.
11/09/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Blackshift
I think it is a terrible idea to not link your closet to live from classic btw NOT I repeat NOT asking we get xmoging in classic I just want the closet linked to live so what we get in classic we can xmog in live

Why would you play classic just for mogs and mounts? Play it for what it was, not what it might have given you.
No, Classic is completely different from live and nothing should be linked. If you want to play Classic.. go do it for the "fun" of it and nothing else!
I would love this as well. I didn't play during vanilla so I am really looking forward to earning Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancients.

It would be the cherry on top if I could transmog my lvl 120 hunters bow after completing the quest chain which will hopefully be just as hard as it was when it was current.
Sorry you can't farm your tier 3 in classic, that's not why we want classic remember?
11/09/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Taugra
Part of classic was working your butt off until you earned the right to not look like a clown.

I'm scared too

Clearly you were not a druid...the only thing that looked more like a clown than tier 2 druid was mixed tier anything.
It's cause there are people who earned certain now unobtainable mounts and xmogs back when they were in the current game. It would be unfair to now allow people to try to get those things in classic so they are available in the modern game.
Its been quite fun seeing all these threads about "I want the full classic experience except give me this QoL thing"

I, for one, agree with blizzard that it should be entirely separate and in no way connected to live. Its meant for a Vanilla experience, not Vanilla with toppings
11/10/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Covin
Its been quite fun seeing all these threads about "I want the full classic experience except give me this QoL thing"

I, for one, agree with blizzard that it should be entirely separate and in no way connected to live. Its meant for a Vanilla experience, not Vanilla with toppings

As someone who loved the BWL endgame time period...the only thing I wish they would put in is enchants on the AH to get rid of that spam...and improved graphics...it doesn't need to run on a 100 MHZ Pentium one anymore. Otherwise straight vanilla
11/09/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Taugra
Part of classic was working your butt off until you earned the right to not look like a clown.

I'm scared too
I kinda miss looking like a clown
This would ruin their blackmarket AH economy. I would like to transmog classic pvp weapons and armor too but blizzard hates me.
No.

You’ve had over a decade to farm classic gear.

Any classic gear that is no longer in live should never be allowed to transmog unless you received it before it was removed.
11/10/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Risk
Sorry you can't farm your tier 3 in classic, that's not why we want classic remember?

As if that would even be possible for 99% of people who post in this section. They can't even form a group for a m0. Nah, the problem is that they would be needing everything that drops for mog. No one wants that in classic.
11/10/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Covin
I, for one, agree with blizzard that it should be entirely separate and in no way connected to live.

If that's the case, they shouldn't require an active sub to play it.

The minute they required an active sub for the current game to play classic wow, they forever linked the two.

The streams are already crossed.

Would it lead to classic "tourists?" Sure, but there are ways to deal with it and some of the suggestions here make sure the classic experience (resetting the cycle every 2-3 years, cavern of time portals, etc) stays relevant. Plus, not every "tourist" means they'll be a detriment to the game. If someone joins your guild with the sole purpose of getting Corrupted Ashbringer, and pulls their weight up to that point- showing up to every run and being a valuable asset to your group...then you know you have that person until they win the item, which will be for nearly the entirety of the classic experience (clearing naxx 40).

Also, anyone who was previously on the "wall of no" side and/or a classic naysayer probably shouldn't be hopping on these threads to say what should or shouldn't be in classic.
I just want stuff I get on classic that may not be obtainable anymore in current wow to count toward my mogs. If I do the work on classic when it's here on my account why the heck not?
11/10/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Yasudra
It's cause there are people who earned certain now unobtainable mounts and xmogs back when they were in the current game. It would be unfair to now allow people to try to get those things in classic so they are available in the modern game.

I've got Lok'delar, Rhok'delar, and a lot of Warlock quest items that have been removed from the game.

Absolutely no one cares and, quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if no one even knew what they were when they see them.

Let people have a chance to get the low poly garbage gear for their collection.
11/09/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Tobisway
Does anyone replying know how to read? lol

honestly nope.
So much for getting the boots from Naxx to make my rogue's vancleef transmog complete :(
11/09/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Hella
Not like any gear from classic aside from the bikinis looked good anyway.

Huh what? Most of my plate, mail, and cloth mogs are from vaniller. It's not only the skimpy stuffs. Maybe I'm just nostalgic. /shrug

I know WoW head sucks but they have a great section for each class that shows all the styles. That clown gear really started in TBC.
11/09/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Alael
That turns Classic into World of Farmland
As opposed to World of Chorecraft like it was in Vanilla?