Bring back Strand of the Ancients

General Discussion
Bring back Strand of the Ancients

I hated it as a battleground, but I also hate when content is just removed from the game.

Bring it back as like a brawl or something you can specifically queue for
I hate how they removed it then also removed blacklisting like it was the only BG people blacklisted or something.
Nah... I forgot it ever existed until I saw this thread.
No no no!

Even when you won that bg it felt like a loss. That bg has made me unsub before because i couldnt stand playing it!

Only good thing blizz has done to the game is remove that bg.

Too bad they ruined literally every other aspect of the game though.
I actually liked the bg.

Then blizzard removed it because....reasons.
they shoulda removed isle of conquest instead of strands

or just not removed anything at all, and also allowed us to keep blacklisting the BGs we hate...

i feel like a minority in actually enjoying SotA lol
11/10/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Swiftraven
i feel like a minority in actually enjoying SotA lol

I really enjoyed that BG back in wrath when there were spots on the demolishers you could jump into, especially during the window of the cataclysm pre-patch (our damage was increased but our Health pools weren't because we didnt have access to the additional levels and gear).

I had nearly Full ICC 25H gear. All I was missing the weapon from LK (had the weapon from putricide), the cloak, bracers and trinket from Halion 25H.

I would go immolate, conflag and most people would die. If they managed to live (because they had REALLY good gear and/or were tanks) than I would just toss a shadowburn at them to finish them off
Only if they bring back blacklisting. Otherwise, it can rot.
Yeah I'm probably one of the few people that actually like it :( I personally miss it. I hope they bring it back.
Honestly it's pretty disgraceful on Blizzard's part to just remove a BG like that. Strand of the Ancients really needs to be brought back.
11/10/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Teneea

You could always skip doing random epics.
11/10/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Jawah
Honestly it's pretty disgraceful on Blizzard's part to just remove a BG like that. Strand of the Ancients really needs to be brought back.

Yeah I always thought so to one bg may be more or less popular than others or really hated but there will always be people who did enjoy them. It was one of my personal favorites.
11/10/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Neghrar
11/10/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Teneea

You could always skip doing random epics.

At what point was Strand a 40v40 BG?
11/10/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Jawah

But why? Give a valid good reason that it should be. If your team started first and unable to capture the enemy's base, you basically wasted like 10 or 15 mins (or whatever each round lasted) and your team basically gives up and give the other team the win to not waste anymore time. How exactly is that fun? That's more frustrating than losing any other BG.
We're sitting on ventrilo
Playing a little sota.
While drinking soda
Wishing it was Dota
Floating on a moat-ah

Also I don't PVP anymore but if I did, I'd be happy that horrid BG was gone.
11/10/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Shazaamann
No no no!

Even when you won that bg it felt like a loss. That bg has made me unsub before because i couldnt stand playing it!

Only good thing blizz has done to the game is remove that bg.

Too bad they ruined literally every other aspect of the game though.

Here's a thought!

If you don't like the BG don't queue for it!

I said bring it back as a brawl or separate queue! I never said bring it back into the normal BG pool! Learn to read!
Typical blizzard to just break something so nobody uses it or remove it instead of fix it
I personally loved SotA I'm all for bringing it back!
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=Ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿
Never put that garbage back in my random BG Q again...maybe as a brawl....maybe.
So it's not just removed.
Bring it back with 2 black lists. More content and more choice is good