Happy Veteran's Day

General Discussion
11/11/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Veganbeef
Happy Veteran's Day to all my fellow Service members who served during a time of war.
OIF 2008-2009
OEF 2011-2012
Welcome home.
One time during Nation guard Annual training we were housed in barracks that had wi-fi in the dayroom, the further you get from the dayroom, the weaker the signal. Naturally, everyone who wanted to get online went there with their laptops.

I was tucked away in a corner, logged into WoW with the volume off. I didn't want anyone catching me playing it because I thought they'd make fun of me or something.

I had to get up and use the bathroom, as I did, I glanced at everyone else's laptops to see what they were doing....

One was checking his mail or something, the rest were logged into WoW.
11/11/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Diedtrying
Take the opportunity to thank a Veteran today (if you're in the US or stationed overseas.)
If you live in other countries then Happy Armistice Day. "Lest We Forget!"

Uh, "Happy"? No. Saying "Happy" Veterans Day / Armistice Day etc., is inappropriate. There's nothing happy about it. It's supposed to be a solemn day of remembrance, not a party. (And yes, my sister and all three of my brothers, all of whom I love and honor, are vets.)

Even a comedy like Blackadder got it right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM
11/11/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Eyrinjia
11/11/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Diedtrying
Take the opportunity to thank a Veteran today (if you're in the US or stationed overseas.)
If you live in other countries then Happy Armistice Day. "Lest We Forget!"

Uh, "Happy"? No. Saying "Happy" Veterans Day / Armistice Day etc., is inappropriate. There's nothing happy about it. It's supposed to be a solemn day of remembrance, not a party. (And yes, my sister and all three of my brothers, all of whom I love and honor, are vets.)

Even a comedy like Blackadder got it right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM

You're thinking of memorial day.
11/11/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Enkki
11/11/2018 07:24 AMPosted by Zeerionjax
Happy Veteran's Day too all my brothers and sisters in arms.

Semper Fi!
Same back atcha, jarhead. Zoomie here ..... and Welcome home.

Oorah Devil Dog! 8541 here, retired. That wasn't just for my fellow Devil Dogs, but for all veterans, and yes, welcome home to them all!

Semper Fi!
Lest we Forget.
Semper Fi to those serving and/or who have served their country.

PS: I hope my fellow Marines had a Happy Birthday yesterday! (Even you Hollywood Marines) ;)
11/11/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Cuddlebot
back in my day, it used just be called remembrance day

11/11/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Xandreliena
And the poppies that set Flanders Fields ablaze with the flame of remembrance.

Even in America, there are some who wear the poppy: I do.

Thank you.
11/11/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Fenril
Semper Fi to those serving and/or who have served their country.

PS: I hope my fellow Marines had a Happy Birthday yesterday! (Even you Hollywood Marines) ;)

Got your Hollywood right here, brother /rude =) And Happy Birthday to you too, plenty of protein and water for that hangover I'm sure you young pups have. /wink

Semper Fi!