Not really a problem, but...

Technical Support
In the old days it mattered where you put the game files, having them on the same drive as windows made a difference. In this day of SSD's and an old style hard drive on the same machine and, things have gotten different for a lot of reasons, does it matter as much as it once did, which you put it on?
I shouldn't bump, but here is the problem. I got a bad deal with BestBuy tech, they ripped out my 1 TB ssd and canned it. There was nothing wrong with it. Nothing is really salvageable in my old box, that's just age, oh well. The new boxes come with tiny ssd's and I understand I would need to be selective on what gets installed where. Back to what I had asked...does it really matter as much anymore?
Having the game files on an SSD is a really good idea. The game virtually requires one at this point. But it doesn't matter that much if it is the SSD Windows is installed on. As far as performance goes anyway.

Blizzard officially recommends installing wow on the same drive as Windows to avoid permissions or other issues. If you do run into problems, the official support here may not be able to help if it is on a different drive. But this is done all the time and issues are uncommon.
11/11/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Yindar
Having the game files on an SSD is a really good idea. The game virtually requires one at this point. But it doesn't matter that much if it is the SSD Windows is installed on. As far as performance goes anyway.

Blizzard officially recommends installing wow on the same drive as Windows to avoid permissions or other issues. If you do run into problems, the official support here may not be able to help if it is on a different drive. But this is done all the time and issues are uncommon.

It depends. I run wow on a Raid array. Using velociraptors as the HD's . In reality not a lot of difference between a SSD and the raid array in load times.

Installing wow on any Internal Drive is ok. The battle net app should be installed on the OS drive but the game does not,