Would you play WoW mobile if it is identical to desktop?

General Discussion
11/11/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Deloot
I wonder if they are working on WoW mobile to give us a way to play the exact game on our phones.. Would you guys be into something like this? Something similar to what Runescape has now. The controls would probably not be optimal but I guess it would be cool to be able to play if you are at work or something. I don't know, this is the only thing I can think of that would have Blizz so confident in mobile..but then again they are clearly out of touch maybe I am just being optimistic

Nope. I use my phone to communicate not play games.
If it's just a mobile client for the live servers I'd try it out with a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, could be a nice way to play from work though i wouldn't attempt any difficult content that way.
No.my hands are too big to play a small screen,I even tried a 12 button mouse that didn't work well at all.
It can't be "identical" to desktop unless the phone comes with a comfy mechanical keyboard and nice mouse; two large screens; easy ability to view netflix, wowhead, and forums while playing; an IDE for my custom addons; 144 frames per second with variable refresh rate; and graphics capability far beyond what exists in any phone today.

When it does all that, sure, why not.
11/11/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Deloot
I wonder if they are working on WoW mobile to give us a way to play the exact game on our phones.. Would you guys be into something like this? Something similar to what Runescape has now. The controls would probably not be optimal but I guess it would be cool to be able to play if you are at work or something. I don't know, this is the only thing I can think of that would have Blizz so confident in mobile..but then again they are clearly out of touch maybe I am just being optimistic

How?

Even hunter rotation has 4 buttons, most have 5-8. Throw in management tabs for mounts, social, etc and there is no room at all.
of course not.

even if you get phones to run wow @60fps stable, i don't want to bother with a tiny screen and terrible controls.
For me, games revolve entirely around their controls. If the controls don't work well, I'm not playing that game.
Only as a sidekick doing small things when away from my PC. Purely on mobile with PC version scrapped, not no, but HELL NO!!
No. My phone screen is tiny, so why would I strain my eyeballs to read any quests or chat. Also, why would I play a phone game when I could play on a larger screen + have an easier time playing with mouse and keyboard with the PC version?
Nah. Don't enjoy playing games on mobile devices.
you COULD play wow on mobile back in wrath so it's not impossible, just requires a third party program to do it and a stable internet. The question is, is screwing over your phone worth that?
Attempting to play Feral on a phone would likely give me a stroke, aneurysm, or both.

So no.
no. This would be a terrible idea.
No because I didn't buy a sweet PC to play games on my cell phone. The only thing I do on the phone is text message and make phone calls. And occasionally play Tetris when I'm out somewhere when I'm bored like a doctors office or something lol.
The KotOR 1 mobile release simultaneously looks better on iDevices than it did on desktop, and is much much worse to control on iDevices than it is on desktop. All in all a terrible experience.

Mobile games can be (and often are) great, but first person or third person virtual worlds so far make horrible mobile games.
NO.

I cannot stress this enough.