Are you more friendly to female toons than male?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
98% of the time i think no different in the way people choose to interact with me, Then there is that few people that I really wonder about.

I think i treat everyone the same, if i do not know them no reason to treat them any other way.
11/12/2018 03:57 AMPosted by Greyhide
11/12/2018 03:46 AMPosted by Defiaspally
Because if this post gets popular enough it's easy likes.

People care about that?
No but it was the only clever witty response I had.
As a gay man, I'm more friendly to beefy bois than ladies. I will shower orcs, Taurean, and Draenei in gold and praise.
No idea.. I rarely notice what gender a character is, unless it's a skimpy belf:)
I never interact with characters "in person" where I'd notice, and in chat, I just can't tell who is what.
11/12/2018 04:38 AMPosted by Sahalen
Taurean

You play a tauren. What kind of meat is taurean?
Nope, because i do not care.
11/12/2018 04:14 AMPosted by Defiaspally
No but it was the only clever witty response I had.

I can respect that. I've seen a few lately who hold onto likes as some kind of security blanket. It's even sadder from the people who multibox and upvote their own comments.

If you want clever, you could always say you hate females. Let the irony magnets stew.
11/12/2018 04:42 AMPosted by Fiznazzle
11/12/2018 04:38 AMPosted by Sahalen
Taurean

You play a tauren. What kind of meat is taurean?

Clearly the mean kind, I don't want no soft bulls. I want the rough and rowdy kind! Taurean.
I treat everyone like people. If they're jerks, I treat them like jerks. Otherwise, I try to treat them with respect (and not the "authority" respect, just the every day "You're a person, you should be treated like a person" type of respect).
Yes and I also tip an extra 25 silver.
No, I'm just nice to everyone the treat people like you would want to be treated concept just how I was raised so if you're cool then we will be cool. If you're a toxic person I probably won't even talk to you because I don't need that drama in my life.
I personally could care less.
Also, I started gaming when it was sorta taboo, like no one wanted to admit to their friends that they played online video games. So for me, whenever I see the typical skimp-mog wearing female, I picture a 600 pound greasy guy named Charles behind the monitor (like the guy in the wheelchair from "Gamer").
11/12/2018 03:46 AMPosted by Defiaspally
t's easy likes.

Hey, it worked.
No, lately I have been treating them worse, but they deserved it. Keep running into lowbie female voidelfs that are absolutely the worst people I have ever tried tanking for. Constantly huntarding their pets into stray mobs, getting impatient and pulling before I am ready, calling me bad(after doing one of the previously mentioned things), and acting incredibly entitled. I don't tolerate that junk so I out them to the group and get em kicked. Then they try rage whispering me after! Act like a lady and not a ***** and you can get better treatment.

I have a degree of sympathy for the horde now. This is probably what they have had to deal with since TBC and belf females.
11/12/2018 03:41 AMPosted by Lucindianna
I promise this is not a troll attempt btw. Just something I kinda wondered about today. One thing I was noticing as someone who started playing female toons more recently is that people seem to be a heck of a lot nicer to me whenever I am on my female toons. Simple things like often getting more smiles, people overall talking to me in a more positive light, getting complimented on my mog more often and often the way they perceive me changes drastically when they get on discord and find out I am a dude. Similar has been the case with other people I've known to be female irl before.

Ive only played male characters up till I got the LF Draenei allied race.
Tried the females just because the male model is so huge. Kinda stopped liking Tauren for the same reason.

So for the first time ever some player tracked me down to give me something that dropped for him after we killed what appeared to be an elite or something Id never seen before, but nearly killed me because I underestimated it initially.

After we killed it, we talked for a second about it, then headed off in our own directions.
I get a whisper and the player comes running up and the trade box pops up with this robe he had drop.
Never had anything like that happen playing male characters.

Now myself, I just assume every other player is a basement dwelling neckbeard about my age....or a pimply 13 year old boy....so it kinda grosses me out anyway.
Its kind of easy to tell if the player is male or female.

Pretty race - attention seeking female
Pretty race with certain hairstyles and/or revealing clothing (not just slutmogs btw) - male pretending to be female
Ugly race female - prob down to earth real life female (since ugly race females get treated the same as men)

SO I am unfriendly to all female elves, humans and gnomes.
Friendly with Orc, troll, tauren, dwarf and worgen females :)

Forsaken - gender doesn't matter, they all cray cray
If I am frank, there are 2 things I look for, neither is a person or toon's gender:
"Is the person a jerk" and "player skill".

If you aren't a jerk, and fun to hang out with. I will hang out with you. I don't care your skill level. I am not meaning to imply my skill level is some off the charts elite. I have plenty of areas to improve myself. But I have no issue helping a friend learn an instance or something.

Player skill is so I can judge just how far to push things. If someone is still learning healing, I am not going to suggest we dive right into a +8, regardless of ilvl. If I want to do a weekly 10, I will make sure the people I go with have better odds to get it done in a reasonable amount of time. People have a cap on what they can accomplish, through personal skill level. And that is ok. I do too.
11/12/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Jatari
11/12/2018 03:41 AMPosted by Lucindianna
I promise this is not a troll attempt btw. Just something I kinda wondered about today. One thing I was noticing as someone who started playing female toons more recently is that people seem to be a heck of a lot nicer to me whenever I am on my female toons. Simple things like often getting more smiles, people overall talking to me in a more positive light, getting complimented on my mog more often and often the way they perceive me changes drastically when they get on discord and find out I am a dude. Similar has been the case with other people I've known to be female irl before.

Ive only played male characters up till I got the LF Draenei allied race.
Tried the females just because the male model is so huge. Kinda stopped liking Tauren for the same reason.

So for the first time ever some player tracked me down to give me something that dropped for him after we killed what appeared to be an elite or something Id never seen before, but nearly killed me because I underestimated it initially.

After we killed it, we talked for a second about it, then headed off in our own directions.
I get a whisper and the player comes running up and the trade box pops up with this robe he had drop.
Never had anything like that happen playing male characters.

Now myself, I just assume every other player is a basement dwelling neckbeard about my age....or a pimply 13 year old boy....so it kinda grosses me out anyway.

Sorry to say, but I have had this happen several times in game. I have also seen it done to my ex's and daughters IRL (well the good looking ones). Its why I hold the very unpopular opinion that female is easy mode in game and IRL.
IRL, there is good reason to believe people are generally nicer to women than men. This fact applies to both males and females. And even when people say they treat others equally.

Does this behavior translate to toons? I don't know. But my guess is there's a chance it does. The treating of women in a nicer way does appear to be an unconscious behavior.
Ya you could be the worst skilled person in the game but if you're really chill and down to earth that's cool with me I'll run stuff with you all the time. Try to surround myself with like minded people and stay away from the ones with bad attitudes.