Are you more friendly to female toons than male?

General Discussion
I do think that's a little bit of a thing. I don't personally play girl toons, but my brother plays/played a few.

He doesn't pretend to be a girl at all, but I've played enough around him to notice that when he's on a girl character, people are still more likely to be friendlier with him right off the bat. They also seem to use smiley emoticons where they otherwise have not been using them.

He has also gotten some pretty creepy whispers that he has shared with me over the years too.
Can't speak for guys, but as a female myself I don't. I'll admit though, I used to be intrigued by other female toons because I genuinely thought that they were women, like me, in real life too. But then I learned... nope, they're most likely not.
And it's not only the women. It's the dwarves and the gnomes too!
They're just too cute! They're privileged races if you ask me.
11/12/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Samasha
And it's not only the women. It's the dwarves and the gnomes too!
They're just too cute! They're privileged races if you ask me.

Yea. I do notice a lot of people sometimes /hugging or /petting me in game, but sometimes you also get the punt the gnome sort of people. On my goblin I seldom every get anything punting related. There are sometimes people who do seem to treat me extra nice at times for playing a goblin. Not sure why. Most of my goblins are male too.
I'm more friendly to friendly people
11/12/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Gnomest
I do notice a lot of people sometimes /hugging or /petting me in game, but sometimes you also get the punt the gnome sort of people.

I used to have a habit of /licking gnomes when playing a forsaken toon.

Just seemed appropriate for some reason.
Nope I'm rude and snarky with everyone...and I do the whistle emote at Male and female demon hunters on the other faction to let them know all demons are hot! Male playing a female toon btw
No
11/12/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Rent
Male playing a female toon btw

Everyone grab a tomato and start tossing!
All people are equal in my book from the beginning. There are plenty of fantastic reasons to dislike or like someone without pre conceptions. Let their attitude be the proof.
11/12/2018 05:50 AMPosted by Lucindianna
11/12/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Rent
Male playing a female toon btw

Everyone grab a tomato and start tossing!

Then what would I put in my salad?
I don't see this much now as most the community are older age adults when I started back in 2005-2006 I saw this aa lot a partly assume because back then it was mostly teenagers and young adults and if I got in vent and they realized I was a girl in real life the gifts and such a I got would put streamers to shame, but as time went on that died down a bit I noticed and don't see it as much now as I did then.
You're all just little pastel rectangles on Grid to me.
I treat everyone the same, until I have a reason not to.
I'm not playing dress up or anything so I never pay attention to what gender a toon is lol. So nope
I hate everyone equally.

Wait thats not right....i hate everyone's personality equally.

Hmm I'm told thats still not proper to say.

So no.

No i dont. I guess.

:)
No.
That’s exactly why I changed my characters to female for a while. Big difference in gaming experience, much more friendly social interactions. But also some awkward ones. After a couple of years I got tired of the awkward ones and switched back.
I have both genders of characters, and they have both been approached about equally, maybe the male characters a bit more. Usually the people are nice and friendly. Sometimes there are rude players, but they have bugged my male and female characters both about equally in that department as well.
I honestly barely notice the specifics of a toon if I'm zoomed out... it can be an entire run before somebody has a really neat tmog, for example.