Anything for Horde in 8.1?

Story Forum
11/13/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Kreider
The Gallywix-Mekkatorque War Campaign quest is pretty fun?

Not that I'm complaining. Last thing Nathanos needed was another win against first-stringers.

Another? When has he ever won against "first stringers"?

...You know what? You're right. This Darkshore thing has been dragging on so long it's gotten muddled. He generally comes to a draw average against people in his own weight class (Saurfang, Genn, etc.- yes, the Saurfang one was staged, but it's implied it was only slightly less intense than a real fight would have been).

It's just that he's so insufferable about it. I doubt I'd mind him so much if he wasn't everywhere this expansion.

Another? When has he ever won against "first stringers"?

...You know what? You're right. This Darkshore thing has been dragging on so long it's gotten muddled. He generally comes to a draw average against people in his own weight class (Saurfang, Genn, etc.- yes, the Saurfang one was staged, but it's implied it was only slightly less intense than a real fight would have been).

It's just that he's so insufferable about it. I doubt I'd mind him so much if he wasn't everywhere this expansion.

Eh, very unpopular opinion I know, but I really enjoy his character so I'm happy he's everywhere. *avoids objects being thrown at head*
11/13/2018 02:47 AMPosted by Kyveli
- Gelbin gets pushed to the brink of death and is in stasis indefinitely
- Jaina eats a bullet
I think you mean "Geblin does nothing for 1 patch then brings mechagnomes into the Alliance in 8.2. Jaina wastes the Horde's time, and then laughs in their face and teleports away."
Fleshtitan is there for us, unless they took it out then all hope is lost.
I am EXTREMELY eager to join the Darkshore scenario and reunite with the rest of the Forsaken from Undercity. Right now they are playing up the Night Elf aspect because it's tides of vengeance after all, but there's a LOT there if you like the undead stuff.

- Faranell and Belmont countering Night Elf gurrelia fighters is great, they know any battles they win won't mean anything if the Night Elves can just circle around and hit them in the back. So they hose the shoreline down with blight, using area denial to corner them.
- Not one, but two Priests are present to satisfy my love for the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow. Father Norlath demonstrates some of the unique advantages of Shadow Priests, namely by shackling down a Wisp and interrogating it from beyond death for information. Aelthalyste is also present along with Banshees in general, who act as our super units along with abominations.
- Forsaken Lancers, we don't know too much about them besides they are horseback riders but they are giving me a real 'Knights of Lordaeron' vibe. For a long time it's been lore that when Forsaken heroes are raised, so are their horses, augmented with alchemy to be fearless strong willed creatures. An undead Brotherhood of the Horse would be great.
- The Windrunner Fleet in all it's glory, the undead have always been the Hordes most everpresent navy and not only does a massive fleet show up to defend Darkshore, but so too does a new type of armored blight carrying warship which I hope to see more of in the future.

There's more stuff to be sure, but the Warfront zone is only getting filled out now. There are some individuals like Aleric Hawkins of the deathstalkers present but they have no lines, we'll probably get more lore about them in the coming weeks before we hit live.
11/13/2018 02:54 AMPosted by Reallyhappy
11/13/2018 02:47 AMPosted by Kyveli
- Gelbin gets pushed to the brink of death and is in stasis indefinitely
- Jaina eats a bullet
- The Horde gains Priscilla Ashvane as an ally after a successful raid on Tol Dagor
- Derek Proudmoore is successfully reanimated and is being primed to end the Proudmoores
- Nathanos gains an army of empowered night elves, including the former leader of the Wardens and a captain of the Sentinels, after humiliating Tyrande and Malfurion

Oh boy all this stuff to add to a conflict the game tells us we are evil for participating in and has ruined any care the horde players have for it.

I know it's hard to believe but us complaining about the story, hate the !@#$ing story. Why should we get excited for winning a conflict the game tells us were evil for trying to win, destroys more horde themes than it creates, and is all around poorly written?

Jaina and Gelbin live while Rastakhan dies.

The Horde gets a fat human lady who will probably screw over the Horde, Undead Night Elves that will probably screw over the Horde, and a Proudmoore who will probably screw over the Horde.

Pop the champagne! Victory is nigh!

It's the highlight of the war campaign. It's not just the best quest Horde side, it's also better than any Alliance side quest (though Indiana Jones adventures with Flynn and Shaw is good too).

Too bad most of the patch isn't that good.
11/13/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Hahahahahaha
I think you mean "Geblin does nothing for 1 patch then brings mechagnomes into the Alliance in 8.2. Jaina wastes the Horde's time, and then laughs in their face and teleports away."

This. Snowcone Gelbin feels more a result of his own escape pod than the Horde, and Jaina gets away outright.

At the very least she could get maimed. Lose an arm or an eye or something. If a raid boss just completely escapes to fully recover it doesn't feel like a win.
11/13/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Veloran
At the very least she could get maimed. Lose an arm or an eye or something. If a raid boss just completely escapes to fully recover it doesn't feel like a win.

because i don't think that it was supposed to be a win.. this is probably how frustrated alliance players feeled when sylvanas escaped in lordaeron.
or in mop.

frustration is the key for motivation, that is what i have learned in my years playing alliance.
11/13/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Veloran

I'd rather just not fight her. Any damage we inflict on her will just be a future source of guilt, and I'm tired of Jaina-related guilt.
As a reminder, Rastakhan has been marked for death since BfA’s start. There is a reason Talanji is the one given pride of place in both the marketing and in game the framing. She was always intended to be the playable Zandalari’s racial leader. You can’t lose what you never had, frustrating as it can be to imagine what might have been.
As a reminder, Rastakhan has been marked for death since BfA’s start.
11/13/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Saiphas
As a reminder, Rastakhan has been marked for death since BfA’s start. There is a reason Talanji is the one given pride of place in both the marketing and in game the framing. She was always intended to be the playable Zandalari’s racial leader. You can’t lose what you never had, frustrating as it can be to imagine what might have been.

I feel like 'you can't lose what you never had' should be BfA's tagline. No matter what happens, we'll always return to parity, our new characters will be written to live or die from the start.

Summermoon is when the realization me, while ti sucks Kaldorei 'lost' her I realize she was always written to have this happen to her.

We've had as much of Rastakhan as the Alliance had of Delaryn Summermoon--arguably more, since she was only around for one questline, while he's lasted a whole patch. And look how upset Alliance posters are about losing her.
11/13/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Pellex

We've had as much of Rastakhan as the Alliance had of Delaryn Summermoon--arguably more, since she was only around for one questline, while he's lasted a whole patch. And look how upset Alliance posters are about losing her.

Yep, as Darethy notes, I feel the same applies.
11/13/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Grandblade
As a reminder, Jaina has been marked for invincible plot armor since WOW's start.

Not a single person on earth assumed she'd even get hurt slightly even though she's the final raid boss.
11/13/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Hahahahahaha
11/13/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Grandblade
As a reminder, Jaina has been marked for invincible plot armor since WOW's start.

Not a single person on earth assumed she'd even get hurt slightly even though she's the final raid boss.

I guess spending an indeterminate time in Tartarus(Thros) does not count as being hurt if the person comes out without being a broken horrific mess?

Or the fact that both Jaina and Anduin talk about her still not having recovered from her injuries after DA?
I don't expect a model change just because she's injured. That said her being injured is one of the major things I wanted to even the scales.

Jaina is a borderline god being, I think the writers themselves realized this. The war from here on out has a lot more stakes if the Alliance can't do a repeat of UC.
11/13/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Darethy
I don't expect a model change just because she's injured. That said her being injured is one of the major things I wanted to even the scales.

Jaina is a borderline god being, I think the writers themselves realized this. The war from here on out has a lot more stakes if the Alliance can't do a repeat of UC.
She was so heavily injured that she had she had to sit down for 30 seconds eating a mana bun before she shows up in the post-raid scene at 100% health.
11/13/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Saiphas
I guess spending an indeterminate time in Tartarus(Thros) does not count as being hurt if the person comes out without being a broken horrific mess?
Her plot armor does not protect her greatest weakness: Her fee-fees.
11/13/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Darethy
I don't expect a model change just because she's injured.

I wonder if her model would work with the new 'staggering' animation used in BfA. It would be a good way to show her injuries after the raid. Or perhaps some sort of debuff.

I agree that some long-term (or even just patch-long) consequences for getting smacked around by a raid group would be best, both for showing Alliance players what the stakes are (without having to actually kill a character), and for keeping Horde players from feeling that their long boss fight wasn't effective.