Anything for Horde in 8.1?

Story Forum
ok there is one thing i really like about the next patch.

We are getting closer to uniting the troll tribes!

But when the thing that has me the most excited is a funeral for one of blizzards better written characters this expansion, you !@#$ed up.
11/13/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Pellex
11/13/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Saiphas
As a reminder, Rastakhan has been marked for death since BfA’s start. There is a reason Talanji is the one given pride of place in both the marketing and in game the framing. She was always intended to be the playable Zandalari’s racial leader. You can’t lose what you never had, frustrating as it can be to imagine what might have been.

We've had as much of Rastakhan as the Alliance had of Delaryn Summermoon--arguably more, since she was only around for one questline, while he's lasted a whole patch. And look how upset Alliance posters are about losing her.

Idk, I was fine with her dying (we knew it going into War of Thorns), it's the whole "getting raised as a Forsaken lackey" that has jimmies rustled.
11/13/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Yrithe
11/13/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Pellex
We've had as much of Rastakhan as the Alliance had of Delaryn Summermoon--arguably more, since she was only around for one questline, while he's lasted a whole patch. And look how upset Alliance posters are about losing her.

Idk, I was fine with her dying (we knew it going into War of Thorns), it's the whole "getting raised as a Forsaken lackey" that has jimmies rustled.

The worst part for me is I don't even want her. She is just filling the spot of an original forsaken character. The leader of the RAS and Deathstalkers are in the warfront as side characters to these randomly raised nightelves I know nothing about.
11/13/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Granfaloon
11/13/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Yrithe

The worst part for me is I don't even want her. She is just filling the spot of an original forsaken character. The leader of the RAS and Deathstalkers are in the warfront as side characters to these randomly raised nightelves I know nothing about.

Yeah, I'd feel the same if Anduin raised and Lightforged undead Rastakhan who then was a commander in the next Warfront for the Alliance.
11/13/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Saiphas
As a reminder, Rastakhan has been marked for death since BfA’s start. There is a reason Talanji is the one given pride of place in both the marketing and in game the framing. She was always intended to be the playable Zandalari’s racial leader. You can’t lose what you never had, frustrating as it can be to imagine what might have been.

To tell the truth, I had created a hype about the 'appearance' of Rastakhan in the MoP. Yes, he was marked to die in BfA, but that does not mean he was a character who has created that expectation since his first appearance in lore. He looked quite promising as a future character in MoP...

ok there is one thing i really like about the next patch.

We are getting closer to uniting the troll tribes!

But when the thing that has me the most excited is a funeral for one of blizzards better written characters this expansion, you !@#$ed up

It's a very significant/optimistic point!

The only thing that kept me excited about 8.1 was to have the Zandalari as an allied race, if we did not have a raid basically killing their pride and their king after all the difficulty that was g'hunn and the fact that we have another raid for a city of the Horde I would be less conflicted about it.
11/13/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Yrithe
11/13/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Granfaloon

Yeah, I'd feel the same if Anduin raised and Lightforged undead Rastakhan who then was a commander in the next Warfront for the Alliance.

Worse, the stromgard warfront where he allies the trollbanes!
11/13/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Saiphas
I guess spending an indeterminate time in Tartarus(Thros) does not count as being hurt if the person comes out without being a broken horrific mess?

Thought experiment: Sylvanas gets a similar treatment, perhaps having to revisit the Shadowlands to see whatever scared her so much after she killed herself. In Horde-only questing, she goes through a redemption arc, and is presented as redeemed to the Alliance because she has undergone "significant mental suffering".

Is this acceptable?
11/13/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Jellex
and is presented as redeemed to the Alliance because she has undergone "significant mental suffering".

that wasn't his point, he was referring to plot armor.
11/13/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Saiphas
I guess spending an indeterminate time in Tartarus(Thros) does not count as being hurt if the person comes out without being a broken horrific mess?

Thought experiment: Sylvanas gets a similar treatment, perhaps having to revisit the Shadowlands to see whatever scared her so much after she killed herself. In Horde-only questing, she goes through a redemption arc, and is presented as redeemed to the Alliance because she has undergone "significant mental suffering".

Is this acceptable?

For me the question is if she has expressed genuine regret/contrition. If yes, then yep absolutely sufficient. I’ve been pretty consistent on this point.
11/13/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Saiphas

Is this acceptable?

For me the question is if she has expressed genuine regret/contrition. If yes, then yep absolutely sufficient. I’ve been pretty consistent on this point.

I appreciate the consistency in your perspective. However, do you think a lot of Alliance players would agree with you that this would be acceptable?
11/13/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Zuleika
We get to see Vol'jin again? Though the circumstances are not ideal.

You should cross-post this to the PTR forums anyway. People who have unsubscribed can post there, and I'm curious what they'd have to say.

I did decide to do that, thanls! Here is a link for anyone interested:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769729513#1
11/13/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Verlius

I appreciate the consistency in your perspective. However, do you think a lot of Alliance players would agree with you that this would be acceptable?

I can’t speak to what all Alliance players would or would not find acceptable. I can only answer for how I would view it. *Shrug* I’dunno redemption has always been a big allure for me in storytelling, because while irredeemable villains can be fun to fight, we just had an entire expansion on those types, as well as all the Ghun crap this expac.
Meta/OOC wise, I’d find that acceptable. Though I’d rather it work from the ground up, give us something that humanizes the Forsaken and make themselves just a bit more likable outside of liking them because of only their fetish for death/undeath. Least sources that aren’t in the past, like Silverpine/Tristfal. Something fresh, maybe around when 8.2 hits with Derek. Though Zelling is probably going to be the only case for awhile, maybe. We’ll see what happens with him and Voss.
11/13/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Verlius

Well, probably not. But Sylvanas is hardly comparable to Jaina, when talking about all the bad things they did to the opposite faction.
Assuming the Horde all but kills Jaina and she’s saved somehow, I’ll enjoy that. Been wanting to fight her for awhile. (Been archenemy of the Horde since Purge of Dalaran even if she’s justified.)

Other than that, it’s going to be a mystery if there’s anything positive to it since we don’t know what all is involved with the Crucible of Storms when that starts up.
The OP's first post reminds me of a kid getting a PS4, XBOX 1, their own smartphone and a scooter for Christmas... then turning to their parents and saying, "That's it?"
11/13/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Ivalesse
The OP's first post reminds me of a kid getting a PS4, XBOX 1, their own smartphone and a scooter for Christmas... then turning to their parents and saying, "That's it?"

This thread is primarily aimed at Horde players and fans, but feel free to chime in regardless. Just please try to keep derailing to a minimum :P.

You didn't get the memo huh? Go troll somewhere else.
11/13/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Zabriel
This thread is primarily aimed at Horde players and fans, but feel free to chime in regardless. Just please try to keep derailing to a minimum :P.

Oh, so like 99% of all the other threads on the Story Forums?
11/13/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Ivalesse

wat