Timewalking: Fix it or make it Max level only

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
Most of the discussion here has been about the TW dungeons, but what about Black Temple?

RoS and Mother are incredibly overtuned yet nothing has been done. My guess is that they don't want the embarrassment of having to hotfix them after needing to do so with last TW.
11/14/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Fyre
11/13/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Eret
your gear doesnt matter for TW. Everything is scaled.
I don't find this to actually be the case. I noticed on my 373 mage that I was doing roughly twice the dps of anyone else. I'm guessing most people were running 350-360 gear. There may have even be a level difference also affecting the scaling.

You sir, would be correct. One of the most common mistakes players make is to assume if it doesn't affect them, it isn't happening.

I thoroughly researched my stats at level cap and in timewalking (pre stat squish in Legion). The differences in classes that depend on haste stacking to perform well and those that can perform well without haste was like the Grand Canyon.

When scaling down into timewalking, haste does not keep it's same ratio to your other stats. You could have triple the haste that you have for mastery, and when scaled, end up with the same exact stat percentage. Blizzard failed, but there isn't much we can do about it.

What I do is farm a complete timewalking gear set, including as many legendaries that I have on that toon, and make sure that any gear slot that I can, obtain gem slots, and equip only jewelry that have primary stats. My healing gear for this toon has 26 gem slots all with int/haste gems, 2 legos from Legion, lego cape from MoP, lego ring (with int proc only) from WoD, and legendary staff from Firelands.

So healing timewalking is pretty comfortable for me, but it's sad, so much prep for content that comes easy to many other classes.

***I don't have to put half this much effort into my Holy Paladin, Holy Priest, or my Resto Shaman....the MW, still a work in progress.
Everyone is scaled to same item level,character level 70 for these bc dungeons.. so doesn't matter if your lvl 120 or lvl 71. You both evenly same power. So your logic to be max 120 doesn't make sense in this case
tank warrior monk heals hunter me and lock dps zero deaths. 20 minute run. only one was 120.
11/14/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Sevaryn
11/14/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Vinestra
Temporus with the healer dumping on me and blowing every cooldown I could barely stay up.

Tell your party to purge his haste. If nobody can or you're running with potatoes who didn't bind the button, yeah that's exactly what you do to stay alive.

And yes, he was absolutely like that back in the day. I was the one tanking him back then -- though at the time the spiky damage was far less of a problem than DPS opening up on the untauntable boss before I was even there.

Oh snap. Would my racial have worked for one of them?
11/14/2018 06:43 PMPosted by Vinestra
11/14/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Sevaryn

Tell your party to purge his haste. If nobody can or you're running with potatoes who didn't bind the button, yeah that's exactly what you do to stay alive.

And yes, he was absolutely like that back in the day. I was the one tanking him back then -- though at the time the spiky damage was far less of a problem than DPS opening up on the untauntable boss before I was even there.

Oh snap. Would my racial have worked for one of them?

Guide calls it a magic effect so I'd imagine so.
I want everyone to click my avatar

<---click; inspect my gear, enchants, gems, eeeeverythinnnnng

This IS my tw set, but it is 1 of 3 - 4 sets I have, 30 plus trinkets to choose from.
4 Different weapons (prot) to choose,
11/14/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Dosao
BC dungeons are definitely the hardest time walking dungeons .... if the tank is not careful in pulling , very easy to get buried in mobs .

After group wiping 7 times in Mana Tombs. (The most ever for me in a dungeon), I take back my statement from yesterday . Something is wrong . Lol
We've not had to use CC since TBC and the newer WoW player base has only learned the "Nuke 'Em" style of play. TBC required certain comps that had effective CC abilities and marking each group before each pull. If you didn't, you found yourself running back from your wipe PDQ. Slow, yes, but far more effective. I'd hazard a bet that today's Warlocks aren't even aware that their succubus can even be used in a pinch if needed. Seduce isn't just for watching those cute hearts floating out in mid-air.

It's a two-fold problem. Blizz does NOT give the proper teaching tools to new players and the players have become so accustomed to power-AOE'ing through dungeons we find ourselves at a crossroads.

Pugs just want a fast in and out and TBC simply doesn't allow for it because of it's mechanic's. There has to be CC, except few know how, and the rest don't have the patience for a tank to mark the groups. It's a no-win situation.

You can lead a horse to water and all....
I tanked a TW today. I pulled a few at a time and made sure they died before pulling more. A melee dps warrior got anxious and pulled a pack onto the group. He died immediately and luckily the excellent resto shaman lusted and 4 of us made it through.

Don't pull to many or not only will it take longer you will repeatedly wipe.
My biggest issue with time walking is I can remember running these dungeons when they were current content and they were almost always never as hard as they are now. They are in essence the heroic versions of each and yet our gear seems to scale closer in effectiveness to somewhere about half way between heroic and normal. Something that is suppose to be a fun thing that allows people who played them as current content to enjoy them again and people who weren’t playing wow at that time to experience the dungeons like new. Have turned into a death slog of epic proportions most of the time. A lot of these dungeons were tuned for completely different ability sets. There are whole talents and abilities that were available when they were current content that no longer exist.
Are you talking about the TW Raid or dungeons because this is the first I heard of people having issues for BC TW dungeons.
I tanked on my monk last might and it wasn't too bad. He's 118 though. Just can't pull everything loke you can today. Mobs like shattered halls are littered with trash mechanics you can't ignore
i think it must have gotten hot fixed. i tanked it on this toon the first night and was health spiking like crazy. the next day i did it and had no problems, even on the same dungeons.

it was definitely a lot easier day 2
I've been doing my time walking at lower than max level without getting kicked or insulted. You probably did something.,I've been doing my time walking at lower than max level without getting kicked or insulted. You probably did something.
I have been running them on a 90+ character, and having little issue with them. There have been a couple of dungeons that the group wasn't all aware of how to deal with certain mobs, but people have generally been pretty good about listening to advice and getting the job done. The mobs are hitting hard, but we seem to usually get pretty good healers who can manage just fine.

Of course there was that one group where the tank was yelling at us that we were all too stupid to run that dungeon lol. Funny part is, once he left, we got a new tank that actually knew the fight, and finished up with ease lol.
Pro Timewalking tips for smoother runs:

-Use legion legionaries, you are level 70 in BC timewalking they will work in the dungeons.

-Use old Legendary Weapons ring/cloak these still work (fangs of the father set bonus sadly is inactive >_< ) Shadowmorne, Valanyr, Teragosa, and Warglaives of Azinoth are viable weapons for BC timewalking.

-Know there are insta kill mechanics, and mobs with resistances, and abilities that can reduce the tanks armor like in the alcatraz. These take more time to deal with but b patient heroic dungeons were meant to be end game content in BC.

-Gear ilvl scales down. If you have 300 average ilvl you are no different from someone with 385 ilvl. You are all scaled down to 73 ilvl and so are your stats the only thing that will make a difference in dungeons are old legendaries, talents that you get up to 100, and the competence of the player.
For the Love of god people.
try using your crowd control. pull only 1 pack of mobs at a time. line of sight pull. single target dps instead of aoe the crap out of everything.
interrupt and stun stuff. stop thinking of them like every dungeon you have done since wrath (except cata).
they are BC timewalking. so use the BC mindset.
11/13/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Danerexles
Timewalking is trivial content an always has been this is a player issue nothing more

Someone's forgotten about how TW Pit of Saron used to be, haven't they?
Get gear with sockets and stuff them full of stat gems. Go get low level enchants and enchant every piece of gear, not just the few that can be enchanted today. You will blow stuff up. In my time walking set as a BM Hunter, I was pulling 1500 DPS overall and 1100-1200 on bosses.