BFA is straight up boring

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
World quests, crafting, world bosses, gathering are all straight up boring and offer meaningless rewards. Islands and warfronts also provides 0 entertainment.
Raiding is fine. Mythic plus is fine but lack rewards (whats the point of 370 gear when you are 375 or 380 ilvl). Which btw you can very easily get to with time and effort.
The open world content overall is just extremely boring and I play video games to have fun. Game isnt what it used to be in terms of fun.
have a break

have a kit kat
11/13/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Lunerah
have a break

have a kit kat

Im not burned out this game just isnt fun. It used to be. Explain to me the fun in completing world quests.
have a break

have a kit kat

Basically what he said. If you're not enjoying it man find one you're enjoying! My best friend who I still try to keep in contact with since I moved recently asked me if I wanted to play some borderlands 2... duh! I love that game and having friends with me is amazing.
It's the first mobile game on a PC.
Make an Alliance character and do the other half of the story.
11/13/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Magaloku
have a break

have a kit kat

Im not burned out this game just isnt fun. It used to be. Explain to me the fun in completing world quests.

ik how u feel i felt the same

then i took a break for 2 months

got the urge to come back and now i play evry day again
have a break

have a kit kat

I take joy in seeing my character progress, even if it's just gaining AP or war resources.
have a break

have a kit kat

What did you use to find fun?

From your original post it certainly sounds like you might be suffering some burnout.
When I find myself in the doldrums with WoW, I do something different.

I'm leveling up a character without addons, without flying, etc. Just a barebones experience. It's refreshing to take a break from the rat race and just engage with the world and the people in it. Why worry about end game? It will always be there.

Just relax and enjoy the game without worrying about DPS or some other min/max element. Remember, it's just a game.
I've said it for a while. M+ needs to be like challenge mode was where you are playing to unlock unique looking weapons and armor found no where else.

Purely cosmetic and hard to obtain. Returning the badge of honor style gesr of old.

Making M+ a source of gearing was a mistake.

As for everything else, the biggest issue is there's not much new. We are playing Legion essentially still in terms of some game systems.

The new systems they added this expansion sadly were not best. Looking at you Warfronts, Azerite Gear, and Scrapping.
11/13/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Magaloku
Game isnt what it used to be in terms of fun.

Classic awaits you next summer, my bovine friend.
I kinda wish PvP was more accessible. Spend more time looking for group than playing with a group.
Mythic plus is fine but lack rewards (whats the point of 370 gear when you are 375 or 380 ilvl).
It was the same story in Legion though, no raider farmed M+ for gear upgrades. Upgrades mainly came from weekly chest and heroic/mythic raiding.

The big difference in BFA is that upgrades come waaaaay slower. Fewer bonus rolls, no raid missions, azerite trait RNG, weekly chest RNG, etc etc. There's also significantly fewer cosmetic options.

Azerite pieces are no replacement for legendaries because you could get legendaries in addition to your weekly loot. Not only that, but legendaries guaranteed you a flat performance boost. There was no RNG-within-RNG like azerite traits.

Tying Reorigination Array to 2 specific azerite traits (archive and matrix) is beyond stupid and I have no idea why they did that.
Learn to roleplay.

There are never any content droughts when you create your own content.
You know, when you listed world bosses I thought to myself "What world bosses?" and then I had a moment of horror when I realized that those epic world quest bosses were the world bosses.

This is bad.
I've been uber busy with real life. That's why I've hardly have anything under my belt. The biggest gripe I have is the god awful azerite system.. The fact I have to sim to see if a piece is an upgrade is not fun or engaging.
11/13/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Leshe
I've said it for a while. M+ needs to be like challenge mode was where you are playing to unlock unique looking weapons and armor found no where else.

Purely cosmetic and hard to obtain. Returning the badge of honor style gesr of old.

Making M+ a source of gearing was a mistake.

As for everything else, the biggest issue is there's not much new. We are playing Legion essentially still in terms of some game systems.

The new systems they added this expansion sadly were not best. Looking at you Warfronts, Azerite Gear, and Scrapping.

I'm also beyond bored but man if warfronts had been a pvp battleground I would be super hooked on those.

I'd level an alt but eh I already have a dozen capped toons and leveling is getting a nerf back next month so why do it now when it gets such a big nerf in a bit.

There's really just not much to do at the moment. This feels like the end of of an expansion. Not like 2 months in.
Yeah 8.0 is pretty !@#$ tier. 8.1 however, is looking sexy.
World quests, crafting, world bosses, gathering are all straight up boring and offer meaningless rewards. Islands and warfronts also provides 0 entertainment.
Raiding is fine. Mythic plus is fine but lack rewards (whats the point of 370 gear when you are 375 or 380 ilvl). Which btw you can very easily get to with time and effort.
The open world content overall is just extremely boring and I play video games to have fun. Game isnt what it used to be in terms of fun.

BfA is a poo-filled dumpster fire.

8.1 is fixing some of the issues, but the biggest problems aren't likely to be fixed - Azerite is central to the expansion and is not fun.