BFA is straight up boring

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
11/13/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Drkenypowers
11/13/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Magaloku
World quests, crafting, world bosses, gathering are all straight up boring and offer meaningless rewards. Islands and warfronts also provides 0 entertainment.
Raiding is fine. Mythic plus is fine but lack rewards (whats the point of 370 gear when you are 375 or 380 ilvl). Which btw you can very easily get to with time and effort.
The open world content overall is just extremely boring and I play video games to have fun. Game isnt what it used to be in terms of fun.

BfA is a poo-filled dumpster fire.

8.1 is fixing some of the issues, but the biggest problems aren't likely to be fixed - Azerite is central to the expansion and is not fun.

Or Warfronts. They said that Heroic Warfronts are coming in 8.2, and that we'll "need to defend more." They did not, however, say whether or not you can actually lose.
11/13/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Juxu
11/13/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Drkenypowers

BfA is a poo-filled dumpster fire.

8.1 is fixing some of the issues, but the biggest problems aren't likely to be fixed - Azerite is central to the expansion and is not fun.

Or Warfronts. They said that Heroic Warfronts are coming in 8.2, and that we'll "need to defend more." They did not, however, say whether or not you can actually lose.

The most you'll get out of them is that enemy units will spawn more and give priority to going towards areas where fewer players are. If you're really lucky island exp AI will be implemented for the named NPCS. Maybe. They will also do more damage and have more health. That's gonna be about it.
Agreed, the endgame systems in this xpac are terrible. It feels just like WoD did, I didn’t feel this way at all through legion
11/13/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Magaloku
11/13/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Lunerah
have a break

have a kit kat

Im not burned out this game just isnt fun. It used to be. Explain to me the fun in completing world quests.

WQ are awful. It was so much better back in TBC.

/completes Simon says ogrilla daily for 100th time.
Having flight-points tied to story line quests really puts me off touching any more alts. Such a pain in the !@#.
After wod and mop ,this is third bad expansion blizzard has made . I am finding very hard to force myself to play this expansion . I am playing other games more then this expansion . Will wait for next expansion and if that one is also !@#$hole like this one .then I am done with this game .
11/13/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Magaloku
Im not burned out this game just isnt fun. It used to be. Explain to me the fun in completing world quests.
Ok. Sorry you feel that way? I am enjoying it as are others.

Or Warfronts. They said that Heroic Warfronts are coming in 8.2, and that we'll "need to defend more." They did not, however, say whether or not [i]you can actually lose.

Doubling down on Islands and Warfronts is quite possibly the worst example of the sunk cost fallacy I've ever seen.
Max level content is boring as poot but I'm enjoying leveling up some new characters.
Same WQ's every other day boring , Mission tables boring (however would be cool if they were used to send players on missions with a companion)

Azerite gear meh , would rather have tier and a legendary (Mist\WoD type and not the worthless Legion RNG ones)

Already leveled to 120 on both sides working on a 2nd toon horde side .

OP I feel your pain , been playing Skyrim a lot lately as a change of pace , only doing WoW when guildies are on some times.
World quests, crafting, world bosses, gathering are all straight up boring and offer meaningless rewards. Islands and warfronts also provides 0 entertainment.
Raiding is fine. Mythic plus is fine but lack rewards (whats the point of 370 gear when you are 375 or 380 ilvl). Which btw you can very easily get to with time and effort.
The open world content overall is just extremely boring and I play video games to have fun. Game isnt what it used to be in terms of fun.
well how it was in legion better then well do 24 dailys then wait for tomarow or do all dailys and then wait tomarow or get sent to zone reach 100 % on that zone and then wait for tomorrow.
BFA leveling was fine.

WQs don't offer much reward except for rep, once you're exalted there's no reason to do them. The Azerite doesn't interest me.

Grinding rep to play Allied Races is annoying. Back in the day you got a race when you bought the expac. They're just customization options locked behind rep grinds.

Warfronts are boring, the same thing happens every match. I only do the first one of the cycle for the piece of 370 gear. Then I farm the mounts in Arathi on my two 120s and don't touch anything related until the next cycle. The Heroic Warfronts sound like they'll just take longer so I'm not interested in them either. If they were PvP they might be fun.

Island Expeditions was something I was excited about but again, boring. I really liked the concept of island hopping but it's just an Azerite race against an enemy team. It's pretty much the same thing every time too, group pull enemies, kill rares, another force invades island, etc. Once again I don't give a damn about the Azerite reward, just the pets and mounts, and the drop rates are few and far between.

Azerite and Azerite gear is just an awful system that tries to live up to our Artifact weapons but fails. That's all I really have to say about that.

The classes are all sorts of messed up. Everyone knows about Shammys and Shadow Priests, and the other classes just play boringly. There's a severe lack of progression for your character in the way of new abilities or talents. They tried to do it with Azerite gear but it's mostly just passives and they're also boring. The artifact system was a lot better.

The War campaign from Horde side is nothing to write home about compared to the class campaigns.

The Story is just bad. Idk what the writers are up to, the logic and driving forces behind characters and factions are really only half thoughts. Not to mention so far this is a step by step recreation of the Horde story of MoP so far.

The visuals and audio are Grade A++. Those guys know what they're doing.
11/13/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Salmanbucha
After wod and mop ,this is third bad expansion blizzard has made . I am finding very hard to force myself to play this expansion . I am playing other games more then this expansion . Will wait for next expansion and if that one is also !@#$hole like this one .then I am done with this game .

From what I can remember as well as what I've seen other players coment.

Wrath - Good
Cata - Bad
MoP - Good
WoD - Bad
Legion - Good
BFA - Bad

So hopefully we get another good expac next.
Warfronts. They said that Heroic Warfronts are coming in 8.2, and that we'll "need to defend more." They did not, however, say whether or not you can actually lose

they will need more than this. My last runs some teams went on a mid only push. No newstead, no circle. And....it works. Quite well. One run was what felt like a record time for me. You don't need the battle beasts. you don't need the elemental. Nice to have...not need to have.

Push mids, push resources to get the siege machines up and rush it. Stays like this...defence is a matter of going between however many mids there are. Or split forces on the mids till gate down.
11/13/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Unholyfear
11/13/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Salmanbucha

Wrath - Good
Cata - Bad
MoP - Good
WoD - Bad
Legion - Good
BFA - Bad

Pandaria is where things started to get mixed. WoD was good but had ridiculous content droughts.

BfA is generally reviled, and the delta between what critics said and what users think is at Last Jedi levels.

Metacritic:
BfA 79 critics 3.1 users
Legion - 89 critics 7.6 users
Warlords - 87 critics 5.9 users
Pandaria - 82 critics 5.0 users
Cataclysm - 90 critics 5.6 users
Wrath - 91 critics 7.6 users
TBC - 91 critics 8.0 users
Vanlla - 93 critics 7.3 users

Been like this since I started in BC. Quests, rep, dungeons, raiding. All of a sudden you find it boring? I think this WQ format that started in Legion is the best system the game has had. It could be better maybe if they had things like currency vendors (which I hear is coming in 8.1) reforging etc, but overall I believe the game is going ok.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Wrath - Good
Cata - Bad
MoP - Good
WoD - Bad
Legion - Good
BFA - Bad

Most people liked Cata. Pandaria is where things started to get mixed. WoD was good but had ridiculous content droughts.

There's never been an early stage post expansion where the game was just reviled as it is right now.

I recall Cata being fine until that last patch, that's when I personally had to quit, especially because of that raid, it was really ugly.

MoP turned people off because of the Pandas and Asia theme but was pretty decent at the least, imo.

WoD I'm convinced was worse than now. They introduced the modern leveling system with bonus events, treasure chests and rares which was great. But the Garrison was a one dimensional system that killed professions, isolated the player base inside their own garrisons instead of in a capital, and cost the game a Raid Tier. Story wise it was horrible simply because of the whole time travel, alternate dimension BS. After getting to 100 there was nothing to do except that dumb Apexis Crystal daily. It had the least amount of dungeons and raids of any expac and there was only 3 world bosses. Players who raided during that time claim the raiding was great though so I'll give it that. All the mounts were just 5 reskins of boars, 5 reskins of hippos, 5 reskins of wolves, etc. The only update that came with the first patch was the delayed Blood Elf remaster, twitter integration, and the selfie camera. After that it was just 6.2 with Tanaan and Hellfire Citadel and boom expansion is effectively over. We were stuck with Hellfire for the longest content drought in WoW history if I recall. No 6.3.
11/13/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Xiomar

Been like this since I started in BC. Quests, rep, dungeons, raiding. All of a sudden you find it boring? I think this WQ format that started in Legion is the best system the game has had. It could be better maybe if they had things like currency vendors (which I hear is coming in 8.1) reforging etc, but overall I believe the game is going ok.

Do not compare TBC - probably the greatest game ever made - with the poo-filled, commercialized dumpster fire that is BfA.

TBC had unique itemization. BfA has homogenized itemization.
TBC had meaningful professoin choices. BfA's professions are a joke.
TBC had Karazhan / Gruul's Lair / Magtheridon's Lair / Serpentshrine Cavern / Tempest Keep: The Eye on release. BfA has one raid.
TBC's raid content took top guild just under 5.5 months to clear. BfA's didn't last 5 days.
TBC had flying. On release. BfA won't have flying for another 6 months.
TBC had a new class and another new class for each faction. BfA has no new classes.
TBC basically involved complete rework of classes. BfA dumbed them all down.
TBC had a crazy complex talent tree. BfA has NO NEW TALENTS.

I could go on, and on, and on.

They're night/day.

Saying they're the same thing is like saying a beautiful virgin is like some dirty STD infested street walker.
11/13/2018 10:43 PMPosted by Drkenypowers
TBC had meaningful professoin choices. BfA's professions are a joke.

hey now...BFA has profession choices. Herbalism and alchemy or alchemy and herbalism. At least until they patch this out and make potions BoP too lol.

You're describing what WoW has essentially been for the past 10 years.