BFA is straight up boring

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
11/13/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Unholyfear

Most people liked Cata. Pandaria is where things started to get mixed. WoD was good but had ridiculous content droughts.

There's never been an early stage post expansion where the game was just reviled as it is right now.

I recall Cata being fine until that last patch, that's when I personally had to quit, especially because of that raid, it was really ugly.

MoP turned people off because of the Pandas and Asia theme but was pretty decent at the least, imo.

WoD I'm convinced was worse than now. They introduced the modern leveling system with bonus events, treasure chests and rares which was great. But the Garrison was a one dimensional system that killed professions, isolated the player base inside their own garrisons instead of in a capital, and cost the game a Raid Tier. Story wise it was horrible simply because of the whole time travel, alternate dimension BS. After getting to 100 there was nothing to do except that dumb Apexis Crystal daily. It had the least amount of dungeons and raids of any expac and there was only 3 world bosses. Players who raided during that time claim the raiding was great though so I'll give it that. All the mounts were just 5 reskins of boars, 5 reskins of hippos, 5 reskins of wolves, etc. The only update that came with the first patch was the delayed Blood Elf remaster, twitter integration, and the selfie camera. After that it was just 8.2 with Tanaan and Hellfire Citadel and boom expansion is effectively over. We were stuck with Hellfire for the longest content drought in WoW history if I recall. No 8.3.
6.1 also proved that WoD couldn't be saved. There was nothing that could be addressed that would fix the core of the expansion. Adding another table did nothing but double the amount of things you could be bored with. Looking at the plans for BfA you can see improvements and things that are addressing as many issues as they can.
My sub runs out in just over a week and I find myself not bothered.

For now, i'm done.

Bfa has killed wow for me.
Yeah
11/13/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Magaloku
11/13/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Lunerah
have a break

have a kit kat

Im not burned out this game just isnt fun. It used to be. Explain to me the fun in completing world quests.

You sound burned out.
11/13/2018 10:43 PMPosted by Drkenypowers
11/13/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Xiomar

Been like this since I started in BC. Quests, rep, dungeons, raiding. All of a sudden you find it boring? I think this WQ format that started in Legion is the best system the game has had. It could be better maybe if they had things like currency vendors (which I hear is coming in 8.1) reforging etc, but overall I believe the game is going ok.

Do not compare TBC - probably the greatest game ever made - with the poo-filled, commercialized dumpster fire that is BfA.

TBC had unique itemization. BfA has homogenized itemization.
TBC had meaningful professoin choices. BfA's professions are a joke.
TBC had Karazhan / Gruul's Lair / Magtheridon's Lair / Serpentshrine Cavern / Tempest Keep: The Eye on release. BfA has one raid.
TBC's raid content took top guild just under 5.5 months to clear. BfA's didn't last 5 days.
TBC had flying. On release. BfA won't have flying for another 6 months.
TBC had a new class and another new class for each faction. BfA has no new classes.
TBC basically involved complete rework of classes. BfA dumbed them all down.
TBC had a crazy complex talent tree. BfA has NO NEW TALENTS.

I could go on, and on, and on.

They're night/day.

Saying they're the same thing is like saying a beautiful virgin is like some dirty STD infested street walker.

1) The itamization changes aren't unique to BFA. This is still the same system Legion worked on.
2) Profession changes were made to make sure people who started in BfA or changed professions didn't have to go back and level everything just to be on par with everyone. Over all what's being made is mostly the same.
3) Those raids were also fairly simplistic. If I recall, they overturned the bosses back then to provide fake difficulty. Personally I'd rather have one thought out raid over 5 "hope your item level is high enough to beat him" raids.
4) Again, difference in how raiding is. That's not a bad thing.
5) The pathfinder argument is old. Flying isn't a fix all to everything. On top of that both Kul'tiras and Zandalar are easy enough to navigate without and the flight whistle makes it easy to get to a flight path, making flying mostly moot.
6)The trend seems every other expansion is a new class. BC also did not add new classes, it just fixed one of Vanilla's glaring issues with it's new races.
7)The "dumbing down" is mostly a result of losing our overpowered artifacts. This was a result we knew was coming. I'm not saying class balance is perfect atm.
8)That complex talent tree was also stupidly cookie cutter. It offered no deviation if you wanted to do anything. I can look at the current talent tree and see a few "Your choice" options. And even then I can deviate from the recommended if there's a talent I didn't like. The old one was super simplistic in the buffs too. I will agree they need to rework the levels for talents though and add new tiers, though I also understand that would be a huge undertaking for essentially 36 classes. The current tree just seems easier for the devs to make changes to.
11/13/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Lockoclock
I'm also beyond bored but man if warfronts had been a pvp battleground I would be super hooked on those.

This x 10000000000
11/14/2018 01:45 AMPosted by Anufenrir
11/13/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Ironbulwalk
Having flight-points tied to story line quests really puts me off touching any more alts. Such a pain in the !@#.
They're adding a way around that. Can buy a map to share with alts.

I dunno if it's supposed to work like this but when I got the rep needed on my main I bought the missions from the vendor and after I completed them, not immediately after but I'd say within a week I got those same missions available to my other toons that didn't buy the missions. I sent the missions out on my alts, but I ran by one of the fp while doing WQ's and I was able to cap the fp with out completing the mission. /shurg a bug maybe? No way to tell lol.
11/14/2018 02:07 AMPosted by Anufenrir

2) Profession changes were made to make sure people who started in BfA or changed professions didn't have to go back and level everything just to be on par with everyone. Over all what's being made is mostly the same.

The net effects of profession changes have been to make it harder to level professions as a character levels up, and harder to farm mats to sell for gold, neither of which has been good for new players or characters without a nest egg.

5) The pathfinder argument is old. Flying isn't a fix all to everything. On top of that both Kul'tiras and Zandalar are easy enough to navigate without and the flight whistle makes it easy to get to a flight path, making flying mostly moot.

All three pathfinders have added up to a huge loss in subscribers to wow. It doesn't matter whether you value flight or not, whether you think that having a few convenient flight points makes up for the drudgery. People have left the game over this, they have returned, only to find that each pathfinder is much larger and more boring than the last, and left again never to return. And after all the talk about "cyclical subscribers", devs have created a new category of cyclical subscribers from players who would never have dreamed of unsubbing, but who now take off half of every expansion, sometimes turning into an entire expansion.

7)The "dumbing down" is mostly a result of losing our overpowered artifacts. This was a result we knew was coming. I'm not saying class balance is perfect atm.

We "knew was coming"? How does that help all the specs that lost traits and long-term baseline spells and abilities and got nothing back? Puh-lease. I see players whose specs were wrecked before leaving as they see that the "fixes" in 8.1 are actually a net nerf for the worst classes in the game.

What you are making excuses for is inexcusable.

The net effects of profession changes have been to make it harder to level professions as a character levels up, and harder to farm mats to sell for gold, neither of which has been good for new players or characters without a nest egg.

All three pathfinders have added up to a huge loss in subscribers to wow. It doesn't matter whether you value flight or not, whether you think that having a few convenient flight points makes up for the drudgery. People have left the game over this, they have returned, only to find that each pathfinder is much larger and more boring than the last, and left again never to return. And after all the talk about "cyclical subscribers", devs have created a new category of cyclical subscribers from players who would never have dreamed of unsubbing, but who now take off half of every expansion, sometimes turning into an entire expansion.

We "knew was coming"? How does that help all the specs that lost traits and long-term baseline spells and abilities and got nothing back? Puh-lease. I see players whose specs were wrecked before leaving as they see that the "fixes" in 8.1 are actually a net nerf for the worst classes in the game.

What you are making excuses for is inexcusable.
yeah probably went too far trying to beat up BC. I still think the flying thing isn’t as bad as everyone is saying but yeah stepped out of line, I’m sorry.
It's funny that I seem to prefer the least-liked expansions. My reasons aren't objective, though, so that's why.
I liked Cata because that's the first expansion I played.
MoP was just okay, I really liked Kun-lai and that's about it. The detail in the zones was really good though, I just don't care about the theme all that much.
WoD was a favorite of mine thanks to the zones and music.
Legion was kind of boring, but we got DH and Highmountain, so it was cool
BfA is currently boring but we're getting Zandalari so it's gonna be cool
But even then I still like them all. Just some more than others. And things like zones, music, playable races if applicable and storylines are my factors in deciding which expansions I like more, not the actual gameplay like raiding or PvP.
Doesn't mythic+ go above 370 or is that because of all the titan procs? Every time people post their weeklies they've always proced.

It just seems like such lackluster having scaled dungeons. Like I've said before that system belongs in diablo 3 and not in world of warcraft.

The game right now just feels like clicker game. All you do is grind your gear through mythic+/or raiding to increase your item level. That's literally this expansion. Nothing else to do. It's just too boring for me, there has to be more. Even wod and legion had more than this to offer...
11/14/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Kwashiorkor
Doesn't mythic+ go above 370 or is that because of all the titan procs? Every time people post their weeklies they've always proced.

It just seems like such lackluster having scaled dungeons. Like I've said before that system belongs in diablo 3 and not in world of warcraft.

The game right now just feels like clicker game. All you do is grind your gear through mythic+/or raiding to increase your item level. That's literally this expansion. Nothing else to do. It's just too boring for me, there has to be more. Even wod and legion had more than this to offer...
Legion yes WoD no.

1) The itamization changes aren't unique to BFA. This is still the same system Legion worked on.

No, it isn't.

Legion had homogenized itemization for standard ilvl drops, but legendaries that often impacted your rotation/secondary stat preference. The trinkets were also more balanced and interesting.

This isn't a response. This is arm waiving.

3) Those raids were also fairly simplistic. If I recall, they overturned the bosses back then to provide fake difficulty. Personally I'd rather have one thought out raid over 5 "hope your item level is high enough to beat him" raids.

Did you play TBC?

It wasn't "overtuned" it had a lot of mechanics that you had to learn. Kara was probably harder than heroic mode is today because every boss had 4-5 mechanics the raid had to learn

The raid difficulty was higher. Every trash pack and boss had mechanics. Everyone had to be min/maxing even in late tier 4. But to claim Guul's or Mag's or Kara wasn't fun is ridiculous.

6)The trend seems every other expansion is a new class. BC also did not add new classes, it just fixed one of Vanilla's glaring issues with it's new races.
8)That complex talent tree was also stupidly cookie cutter. It offered no deviation if you wanted to do anything. I can look at the current talent tree and see a few "Your choice" options. And even then I can deviate from the recommended if there's a talent I didn't like. The old one was super simplistic in the buffs too. I will agree they need to rework the levels for talents though and add new tiers, though I also understand that would be a huge undertaking for essentially 36 classes. The current tree just seems easier for the devs to make changes to.

You've basically admitted my point: that devs are making tons of changes to the game for design expediency purposes, rather than for fun and immersive gameplay reasons.
11/14/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Anufenrir
11/14/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Kwashiorkor

Legion yes WoD no.

At 8 weeks into WoD, it was not nearly this reviled.

WoD became reviled with a content drought that ran well over a year.
The new path of exile looks to be levels above BfA. They were even mocking blizzard in their preview. When a f2p arpg has more depth then a p2p mmorpg something is wrong.
For the most part I agree with the OP. But the beauty with WoW is that there are a lot of ways to enjoy the game. I have two 120 toons (1 horde, 1 alliance) but I don't play either much anymore other than a few WQ to get all faction reps to exalted. What I am enjoying is leveling the various allied races, I'm trying out different classes & specs that I haven't used any of or much of in the past. After I get the heritage armor I may do some achievement grinding. Then again I've always enjoyed leveling more than end game activities.
11/13/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Magaloku
World quests, crafting, world bosses, gathering are all straight up boring and offer meaningless rewards. Islands and warfronts also provides 0 entertainment.
Raiding is fine. Mythic plus is fine but lack rewards (whats the point of 370 gear when you are 375 or 380 ilvl). Which btw you can very easily get to with time and effort.
The open world content overall is just extremely boring and I play video games to have fun. Game isnt what it used to be in terms of fun.

I guess Legion was boring then too for you because:
1) WQ - exact same as Legion except more options now
2) World Bosses - exact same as Legion
3) Gathering - exact same as ALL expansions including Vanilla
4) Islands / Warfronts - Something BRAND NEW added and gives people more options. Improvements coming 8.1 along with likely more in 8.2 etc.
5) Mythic+ rewards - same as Legion except the difference is, Blizzard listened to the complainers about needing to gear their alts asap, wanting top gear doing little work etc. so that is why a lot of the gear is worthless now. You can thank your fellow gamers for that.
6) Open world boring? LMAO yeahhhh okay. Can't take you serious anymore. By far the best zones made and leveling experience.
BfA has been the worst expansion ActiBlizz has ever released. It's complete dog !@#$. WoD was a godsend compared to this dumpster fire.
11/13/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Magaloku
11/13/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Lunerah
have a break

have a kit kat

Im not burned out this game just isnt fun. It used to be. Explain to me the fun in completing world quests.
Maybe your time is up? Who would’ve thought people outgrow things
When people were saying this a few months ago, I really didn't understand why. I was having fun. That being said, now that I've become exalted with all the new factions, got all the island/arathi rewards, and geared up, I kind of understand. That being said, 8.1 is just around the corner.