Have you been playing since Vanilla?

General Discussion
11/13/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Hiddendragón
Have you played since Vanilla? I have been playing Since mid Vanilla and i remember a time when blizzard enabled emojis for a very brief period of time. is my memory totally fried from playing too much wow or does anyone else remember that?

Sort of, since beta phase 3, 4 and the open beta, then since the release just after midnight:

Took a vacation when kind of mired in Garrisons, in Wow. Then I came back when Legion released. I did a lot more Garrison stuff in Legion, having fun. So I wish I'd given it a chance (also missed out on the PHAT CASH!)

Hmmm I seem to remember emojis too? It was the last time the forums were wiped/updated. Then they got wise. OH it was in game? Weird.... I was thinking it was the forums. I can't remember them in game.
A few days after launch. Wanted the CE edition. Randomly went into a target Thursday of that week and there’s it was.

Went home and spent the next four hours reading the manual and trying to decide between hunter and Druid and what exactly she should look like.

Such a great night. :3.
Levelled as a Undead Holy Priest from Oct 2005.

Kill mob.

Drink

Kill nob

Drink

Kill mob

etc...

6 months later I got to level 60.

But on the way I made friends and had real life friends :)

It's those friends I miss the most from my time playing vanilla :(

Playing Classic won't bring them back....
I'll never forget it, I fell off the lift in Greater Feydark and died. Once I figured out how that worked, I fell into a very shallow stream and died of drowning. Right after that, I was minding my own business and in a fight to the death with a small rodent and someone yelled "TRAIN!". I laughed because I was pretty sure there were no trains or any other modern technology in this fantasy world. I was still laughing as hundreds of orcs came out of nowhere and tore my face off and I died. Good ole vanilla!
Yup, early on. January 2005. Been a long long run!
I remember still having dial up back when I first started, be playing all cool then a salesman calls and you're like NOO DAMN YOU! But not to long after we got wifi so it was smooth sailing from then on.
yep started in Vanilla , stopped when they nerft the hunter . no more Ammo or food for the pet ..
me an the wife played on dial up , a mate downloaded the patches for us :)
Came back an rolled a Paladin coz the wife wont play any other game . She is a Good cook though ...mage bread anyone :)
Technically I have been playing since before WoW went live because I was in beta for the original release. A friend talked me into trying it with her under the promise of: "You can play a character with a pet!" Have played all expansions and all with the same main(s) even. Yes, I have the statue. ^_^

I was the weirdo who raided on both sides of the fence back when people had an actual issue with finding out you had an alliance AND a horde, and even more of an issue learning both were raiders. (*LOL*) I hid my opposite faction characters from anyone who wasn't a friend. It's kind of funny that the big, huge WE'RE AT WAR expansion is one in which no one cares that you play both sides -- and I feel like most people DO! -- but in vanilla was when people really cared and it could get you blacklisted from groups.

One thing I would LOVE to know but don't think there's a way to find out (without bugging a GM).... I would love to know exactly on what dates my characters were rolled. My first character was rolled within a few days of release because I had to wait to get home from Thanksgiving to install it. For my two mains, my hunter and mage, I would love to also know the dates they hit lv60.

It's almost funny people today seem to constantly talk about how long leveling takes. However, I don't remember how long it took, but I can relate so many things that happened while leveling. Lv1-60 was truly about the journey for me. I remember WHERE I was when I dinged 60 on each, but not the exact when and most of my screen captures from that long ago have been slowly, steadily lost as a few go missing or a few more files become corrupted with each transfer to new computers.

Where do I just sign up for the lifetime subscription? (*LOL*)
Have you played since Vanilla?

14 years of uninterrupted service......at least until Dec 14th, 2018.
Have you played since Vanilla? I have been playing Since mid Vanilla and i remember a time when blizzard enabled emojis for a very brief period of time. is my memory totally fried from playing too much wow or does anyone else remember that?

I don't remember the emojis, but I do remember back in Vanilla days using "/emote <text>" was a way for Alliance and Horde to communicate before Blizzard nixed it.

For example, "/emote Just passing through" would show up as "Andbror says Just passing through" (or something like that).
Started about two weeks before TBC. So technically, yes.
Killed 50000 horde before the first xpac on my War n pally.
Started playing 2 weeks after the launch of Burning Crusade.
My husband and I were here on launch day. Many breaks but a significant one for Warhammer Online.

I think the undead warlock and priest I made that day are still stuck looting their first bats kills.
Jan 2005 for me. This Shaman as my main always. Left during the back half of Cata and came back midway through MOP.

There was something emote related for awhile as someone said above, but no emojis.

Although the old forums are gone, and they were awesome back then, you can still google other web pages from that time and it's amazing how little we knew back then.
Have you played since Vanilla?

Yes. I started playing in week 2 of the live game, in Nov 2004.

I played DAOC (another MMO) every day Nov 2001 to Nov 2004. I tried WoW and switched games after a couple hours. It seemed that much better, to me.

Over the years there have been 5 times that I stopped playing WoW and played some other MMO. The other MMOs lasted 5, 3, 2, 1 and 1 month, before I got tired of them and came back to WoW.
Yes, beta player here. Was a good time then, still fun now.
Yes, started before patch 1.12 was released.
11/14/2018 02:45 AMPosted by Chrace
Many breaks but a significant one for Warhammer Online.

Me too! Witch Hunters! Choppas! Flying disk mounts! Some cool stuff there. I played that, and LOTRO, and AoConan, and Aion (briefly), and ESO. They were all good games, but I came back to WoW.

Wait a minute...in the latest class mixups, Outlaw Rogues got a pistol shot. Now I have one 20-yard ability, and the rest is melee....they stole that idea from Witch Hunters in Warhammer!
This character was created as a human mage in january 16, 2006 in a pvp server. Afterwards got a hunter and a druid around mid 2006 and september 2006 respectively.