Spend some time in Draenor?

General Discussion
I've uhh, kind of burned my way to level 90 here in the last month. I'm a solo guileless player. I've heard terrible things about Draenor, but I'm actually a little delighted at this whole garrison thing. Once I saw it. My ultimate goal right now is flight, since you cant fly in Draneor until it looks like you clear a whole boatload of content.
So should I just stall myself out for awhile here in Draneor. It seems like a lot of solo stuff to do.
I still park my toons in their garrisons. Definitely recommend building it up.
Ah I remember when I built my first Garrison don't worry you will learn to hate it too.
11/14/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Hylianlich
Ah I remember when I built my first Garrison don't worry you will learn to hate it too.

Not necessarily. The worst of Draenor was that there was nothing to do in end game other than the garrison, which got old fast. If someone is building the garrison for the sake of having it while questing through the area and then plans to move on after leveling the garrison and obtaining flying, it might not be so bad.
11/14/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Valora
I've heard terrible things about Draenor

The reality is that WoD was well-received. The story elements and the quests that went with them were some of the best Blizzard had done in a long time, arguably EVER. The dungeons and raids were compelling. The Garrison was ... mostly a let down.

But the REAL issue that WoD was burdened with was that there was a TREMENDOUS swath of nothing to do toward the end. And people rightly turned on WoD for not delivering a complete product.

But AFTER THE FACT (ie: now), you don't experience that lack of content. All you play through is what's there and when you're done you move on to Legion. There is no "content drought."

So really, the WoD *content* is fine. It's fun. It's done VERY well. You can enjoy it for all that it is and then move on to the pos RNG experiment that was Legion. While WoD deserves the knocks it gets for not being a completed product when it was current, it's wrong to say there is anything inherently wrong with the content that is there. The same can't be said for Legion. The RNG walls it built are STILL THERE. And worse, they carried forward into BfA (to say nothing of its own faults).

So in terms of replaying old content, WoD >> Legion. Yep, I said it.
Draenor is amazing. I am there every day.

Yes, hang out and have fun. Build your garrison up. Put an auction in there. Good times.
Posters above me nailed it. Remember that when you hear about things from the internet, especially video game related, you're going to hear a disproportionate amount of negativity. It's what we do best.
stay for entire 2 years in your garrison and you will not like it that much anymore.
I've uhh, kind of burned my way to level 90 here in the last month. I'm a solo guileless player. I've heard terrible things about Draenor, but I'm actually a little delighted at this whole garrison thing. Once I saw it. My ultimate goal right now is flight, since you cant fly in Draneor until it looks like you clear a whole boatload of content.
So should I just stall myself out for awhile here in Draneor. It seems like a lot of solo stuff to do.

GL with the "Flight" lol -- Seriously not worth it, You literally HAD to be playing WoD almost daily to unlock it, You still can.. but it's going to cost you alot of time/gold
I actually liked much of Draenor for the short period of time I was there, especially the garrison. I'm actually in the process of trying to complete Pathfinder there, and this character here is in the midst of building up the garrison, just for fun.

Do what you find fun, even if others find it meaningless or a waste of time. If you are enjoying it, it's not a waste of your time.
You can shut your xp off at 100 and stay there as long as you like without out leveling the rep gains from killing mobs. The xp on/off guy is in the storm wind keep to the right of the throne room - he is stealthed in the back left corner.

For some reason WoD mobs that give rep points start giving less rep when you are over 100...
funny i still use all mine. have 20 level 3 and only only one level 2 ship yard. It does have it uses.
I think you should do exactly what you feel like doing. There are a lot of things to do in WoD for solo players. Plenty of things (mounts, pets, toys, transmogs) to collect. It can be rewarding just to build up your garrison and shipyard and get everything to level 3.

You can turn off your xp, or leave it on so you can kill things easier.

Main point: Do what you find most entertaining, not what other people tell you is entertaining.
After WoD, as some have said prior, the content is just fine. It was the delays, and end game forcing of the garrison content that had most fans irked. I say enjoy it! Do some of the WoD pathfinder content, and when you feel like you might be getting a bit burned on it, shift to Legion stuff and level!
11/14/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Brocknor

The reality is that WoD was well-received. The story elements and the quests that went with them were some of the best Blizzard had done in a long time, arguably EVER. The dungeons and raids were compelling. The Garrison was ... mostly a let down.

But the REAL issue that WoD was burdened with was that there was a TREMENDOUS swath of nothing to do toward the end. And people rightly turned on WoD for not delivering a complete product.

But AFTER THE FACT (ie: now), you don't experience that lack of content. All you play through is what's there and when you're done you move on to Legion. There is no "content drought."

So really, the WoD *content* is fine. It's fun. It's done VERY well. You can enjoy it for all that it is and then move on to the pos RNG experiment that was Legion. While WoD deserves the knocks it gets for not being a completed product when it was current, it's wrong to say there is anything inherently wrong with the content that is there. The same can't be said for Legion. The RNG walls it built are STILL THERE. And worse, they carried forward into BfA (to say nothing of its own faults).

So in terms of replaying old content, WoD >> Legion. Yep, I said it.

I couldn't disagree more. Everything about draenor was a huge step down from Pandaria.
The only good thing Draenor gave us was better Tauren models.
11/14/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Kenshimoo
I couldn't disagree more. Everything about draenor was a huge step down from Pandaria.

I didn't say it wasn't. It's one thing to say MoP > WoD. This isn't the discussion.

The discussion is that people HATE the fact (again: rightly so) that there was a huge content drought at the end of WoD, and people have tended to lump that entire sour attitude upon all of WoD. But all the content up to that point was done quite well.

It's not about COMPARING WoD to other expansions. The OP, the thread, and my comment are just about how WoD had solid content. I don't see how you could disagree with this. All of the videos Blizzard made for each clan leading up to release. All of the quests that dealt with each clan. I would agree it was way too much of a Horde-focused-expansion (I never did it as Alliance, but there certainly weren't any Alli-specific videos prior to release) but to say there weren't a ton of GREAT quests and compelling content focused on the story is ... just blatantly not true.

You may not have LIKED it, which is subjective. But to say it wasn't there... is simply not true.

2+ years after the fact I would say: WoD was an overall solid expansion for the content that was there. It had a HUGE content drought at the end that made it a horrible experience to play through when it was current. But to just play through what is there is a good time. The Garrison was an overall failure as a GAME element, and it forever and totally destroyed the economy of WoW with the gold mission "exploit."

Don't mix up what content is there with how poorly received the expansion was. The content we had was pretty solid, there just wasn't a lot of it.