Feral PTR PvP is bad

Druid
10/14/2018 04:51 AMPosted by Eclypze
10/14/2018 12:04 AMPosted by Memnoc

Have you logged into PTR to see for yourself or did you just come here to start a bunch of trouble? Just the fact that this post exists amazes me :D People are already using words like "catastrophic" lol Too funny. Bleeds apply better but are weaker and don't refresh the same. Did anyone mention that? The nerf wasn't to FB directly it was to a tuning adjustment to a brand new armor system, which was made among many other adjustments to many other classes. Since then they buffed overall dmg. Twice. Clearly they are trying to throw us some needed dmg.

You don't understand the concept of why that trait was nerfed. Or maybe you do and are failing to make the connection that if raking ferocity is too powerful and requires a hotfix 50% nerf then mastery FB will have the same effect and get a hotfix nerf.

I don't need to be in PTR to know blizzard isnt going to let us keep 60k FB.

If you burn yourself on a hot stove do you touch it again right after? Why not? It could be different this time.

No **** they are giving us flat buffs every patch. The entire point is that we dont want our damage and viability reliant on an ability that is guaranteed to be nerfed. Because it will put us right back here where we spend 2 months getting tiny buff after tiny buff amounting to nothing.

So, no you didn't. You didn't take the time to do anything yourself, just came here and started freaking out over it. I actually tried the changes out on PTR so I know exactly how they felt. Overall unimpressive. Everyone understands the concept of why RF was nerfed. Real deep concept...it hit too hard. Your freaking out over nothing and your trying to get others to jump on board. Go ahead, start your nerf druid campaign then, without even playing the changes or suggesting solutions. Just start yelling nerf druid. Your the EXACT reason druids suck now and don't even realise it.
10/14/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Memnoc
10/14/2018 04:51 AMPosted by Eclypze

You don't understand the concept of why that trait was nerfed. Or maybe you do and are failing to make the connection that if raking ferocity is too powerful and requires a hotfix 50% nerf then mastery FB will have the same effect and get a hotfix nerf.

If you burn yourself on a hot stove do you touch it again right after? Why not? It could be different this time.

No **** they are giving us flat buffs every patch. The entire point is that we dont want our damage and viability reliant on an ability that is guaranteed to be nerfed. Because it will put us right back here where we spend 2 months getting tiny buff after tiny buff amounting to nothing.

So, no you didn't. You didn't take the time to do anything yourself, just came here and started freaking out over it. I actually tried the changes out on PTR so I know exactly how they felt. Overall unimpressive. Everyone understands the concept of why RF was nerfed. Real deep concept...it hit too hard. Your freaking out over nothing and your trying to get others to jump on board. Go ahead, start your nerf druid campaign then, without even playing the changes or suggesting solutions. Just start yelling nerf druid. Your the EXACT reason druids suck now and don't even realise it.

I'm not campaigning to nerf druid you dingbat. How are you gonna say you're unimpressed with the PTR changes and in the same paragraph tell me I'm wrong for saying they are bad?

I think you need to practice reading comprehension so I'll try bullets:

Feral damage sucks

raking ferocity lumps all our damage in one giant FB

Raking ferocity gets nerfed

feral damage sucks (take 2)

mastery lumps all our damage in one giant FB

I'm hoping you see a pattern here. The point of the post is to AVOID the nerf.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Did you see my screenshot? I hit a pvp dummy for 200k (would be 150k in pvp due to nerfed crits). That’s with 370ilvl stacking mastery, blood talons, and 2 trinket procs. Not really hard to pull off in rated play. Health pools are 130k at that ilvl.
10/14/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Bfhjkljfesak

Did you see my screenshot? I hit a pvp dummy for 200k (would be 150k in pvp due to nerfed crits). That’s with 370ilvl stacking mastery, blood talons, and 2 trinket procs. Not really hard to pull off in rated play. Health pools are 130k at that ilvl.

I wonder if there's a scaling issue with some of the pvp dummies because when I tried this with around 35% mastery on ptr i was only hitting 70k FB crits with BT and TF though I don't have any mastery or agi stat increasing trinkets. That was when ptr first came out though. I'll have to try it out again
Honestly feel like they'll let this go live, realize its a mistake then nerf again. >_< Meh I'm just really bitter about how they're handling feral atm. This is like Legion all over again, nerf our healing, nerf our dps, give us a few abilities back 2% here & there, then nerf us again.
sad
10/14/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Bfhjkljfesak

I couldn't read the number but thankyou for showing the example of exactly what the issue is. Blizzard is gonna hit us so hard with the nerf bat over that crap that it could take months to recover.

This FB path they are taking leads to a DD feral that falls short of rogues in damage, survivability, and utility.

Please blizzard stay true to the essence of feral. The bleed dps.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I'm not campaigning to nerf druid you dingbat. How are you gonna say you're unimpressed with the PTR changes and in the same paragraph tell me I'm wrong for saying they are bad?

Feral damage sucks

Because I'm saying they're unimpressive and you're saying the exact opposite, they're over done. You bigger dingbat. :P And in your bullets to help me with my poor reading comprehension you forgot "Overall dmg gets buffed twice" Everyone is obsessed with the number of "50%" with that nerf but it needed it and afterwards we got an overall buff. Don't get tunnel vision. They didnt nerf FB 50% just the proc.
But Bfljkljfesak (never typing that name again! lol) says he's hitting 200k and that might be a problem if it's not a bug. My other druid is only 353 ilvl so I can't compare to him.
Either it's a bug or oversight they'll gut our fb dmg and probably not buff rip.
I don't get why Rip is so much weaker on PTR than live. Give us that 25% rip damage back, make the rip refresh on bite from Sabertooth baseline, and replace Sabertooth with something else. With no Sabortooth talent, bite will have a 20% nerf, but we can still refresh rip.
10/14/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Memnoc

Feral damage sucks

Because I'm saying they're unimpressive and you're saying the exact opposite, they're over done. You bigger dingbat. :P And in your bullets to help me with my poor reading comprehension you forgot "Overall dmg gets buffed twice" Everyone is obsessed with the number of "50%" with that nerf but it needed it and afterwards we got an overall buff. Don't get tunnel vision. They didnt nerf FB 50% just the proc.
But Bfljkljfesak (never typing that name again! lol) says he's hitting 200k and that might be a problem if it's not a bug. My other druid is only 353 ilvl so I can't compare to him.

This concept is too much for you to understand. I don't know how else to explain to you that our pvp damage being stacked all into FB is a very bad thing. I think you are going to just have to be surprised when they do the obvious nerf to keep us from having a 1 shot macro.
Part of the problem here is blood talons boosting it by 25%, I know its unpopular to hate on blood talons, but its making balancing us very difficult. I am eagerly awaiting the fix or rework that they promised blood talons will get with 8.1

That said, hitting nearly 200k on a pvp target dummy will also not fly. Either mastery will need to scale differently or they will have to remove the extra damage(energy consumed) on fero bite. Might not be a terrible thing if it still hits hard enough for us to want to hit that button.

No one wants to get 1 shot, and 1 shots will 100% happen as it stands now.
10/15/2018 04:40 AMPosted by Brokenclaws

No one wants to get 1 shot, and 1 shots will 100% happen as it stands now.

True...but I sure as hell wouldn’t mind trinketing a kidney shot to turn around and obliterate a Sin Rogue lol
It wont be that op because you wont be able to use saber with bt anymore.
10/16/2018 02:42 AMPosted by Bleedya

Sure you will. You don't hard cast a regrowth in the middle of PVE as it stands now. You won't need to in PvP either. You just hold the regrowth till your ready to bite.

Don't act like it won't be this easy either. You will have a healer with you in arena, BGs you might have a healer. World pvp is a free for all. But if you cant use a defensive to hold a regrowth @ 5cp and 50 energy to bite someones health to 10% once per minute your doing it wrong.

Edit: Should also add, whenever 1 shotting, no matter how "difficult" its always OP. Always 100% OP. Doesn't matter if your doing it, or its being done to you. Its OP
10/16/2018 05:16 AMPosted by Brokenclaws

Sure you will. You don't hard cast a regrowth in the middle of PVE as it stands now. You won't need to in PvP either. You just hold the regrowth till your ready to bite.

Don't act like it won't be this easy either. You will have a healer with you in arena, BGs you might have a healer. World pvp is a free for all. But if you cant use a defensive to hold a regrowth @ 5cp and 50 energy to bite someones health to 10% once per minute your doing it wrong.

Edit: Should also add, whenever 1 shotting, no matter how "difficult" its always OP. Always 100% OP. Doesn't matter if your doing it, or its being done to you. Its OP

Yeah, because my defensive stops pred swift from being purged so well..
10/16/2018 05:16 AMPosted by Brokenclaws

You dont even know what your talking about, ill assume your just some 1400 below feeling multi glad player. Natures proc can be purged by most healers and stolen by mages so you have to cast it right away before you can even build 1 combo point. Sit down kid.
Lol, okay. Let it go live, and it'll be nerfed within a week and then we can all meet back here and complain that feral isn't viable in arena because they took our only good thing, a fero bite that shaved 1/2+ someones health in a single hit.

You don't need multi glad level ranking to know that if it can be done, it will be done often enough to cause a problem.

Can't wait to see screens shots of arena ferals hitting 120k+ fero bites and then seeing you guys attempt to defend it because its "hard" to get one off in arena.

Yep! I know nothing, I'll just sit here and watch it play out even though I'd rather they fix blood talons and sabertooth so that we can all have a good pvp experience instead of relying on something that will nerfed within a few weeks of the patch.
10/16/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Brokenclaws
Lol, okay. Let it go live, and it'll be nerfed within a week and then we can all meet back here and complain that feral isn't viable in arena because they took our only good thing, a fero bite that shaved 1/2+ someones health in a single hit.

You don't need multi glad level ranking to know that if it can be done, it will be done often enough to cause a problem.

Can't wait to see screens shots of arena ferals hitting 120k+ fero bites and then seeing you guys attempt to defend it because its "hard" to get one off in arena.

Yep! I know nothing, I'll just sit here and watch it play out even though I'd rather they fix blood talons and sabertooth so that we can all have a good pvp experience instead of relying on something that will nerfed within a few weeks of the patch.
Paranoia wont get you anywhere. The expansion sucs anyways because of the balance team and ion. Why would expect something positive?
Not paranoid. Just experienced.

Saw Chaosbolt go from almost 1 shotting, to doing heavy damage with a dot effect.

Templers Verdict, used to hit like a truck, now not as hard.

Arcane blast could almost 1 shot once it was charged. Guess what got changed, though I have to admit it still hits like a truck this expac.

Even low level ambush 1 shotting got fixed.

But what do I know?