Forum Negativity is Shocking to me

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 16 Next
10/16/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Arinyuid
I come to the forum and see so much negativity and it really surprises me because I actually really enjoy this expansion and feel it's certainly a solid 8/10. I get that it's subjective opinion, but how are we all so far apart in our perceptions?

I think part of the forum problem is that people like myself aren't ever posting because we simply enjoy the game and would prefer to be in game rather than venting on here. I don't think this alone can be account for the extremes though.

Am I a terrible judge of games and this is actually a terrible expansion or is this where the minority go to vent?

I disagree and think BfA is horrible...design, implementation and game play...but
ya know what? That's MY opinion...if you're enjoying it, enjoy the hell out of it.

I think a metric crapton of stuff needs to be changed/fixed...starting with canning the whole of the dev team.....and putting back things they've pruned out because they're LAZY.
No it isn't a cautionary tale to the other hunters. They only lost when they pandered to the kids crying wolf.

It's a cautionary tale to the kid not to exaggerate.

.. and I told people similar things in previous expansions, when they believe "before was exaggerating but NOW the wolves are at the door".. but they weren't in cata, or mop, or legion.. or even now.

Two expansions from now I'll be retelling this same thing, but it'll be about how people complained in BfA that "no this time it's for real" too.
Um no hunters in the boy who cried wolf only a village and a sheperd boy watching their flocks. They become complacent and are sure no wolf is there until the wolf shows up and decimates their flocks. So what would convince you the wolves are at the door? When it's too late and WoW goes FTP or worse shuts down completely? To be clear I'm not saying the wolves are there; only Blizz knows for sure how close the wolves are getting or if they're even there, but when you start seeing paw prints in the fields maybe its time to at least double the watch. Or do you truly believe WoW is infallible?

Your family didn't read to you, did they? That's sad.
10/16/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Kizzan
10/16/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Metrohaha
Its starting to really become a problem elsewhere as well.
I feel like I can't play or talk about this game any more without some one bringing up how "bad" it is, without even having any experience in the matter.

I really hope we can move on from this soon, because even though there are plenty of problems with the expansion, how often do we actually need to talk about the same things over and over again before the people who genuinely dislike it can move on with their lives, and the people who are sticking it out can focus on the positives and the future of the game?

All I know is Blizzcon is coming up. I hope there will be some fun times to be had and more things we can all agree on and enjoy, because even though I absolutely love this game and its community, its really hard to want to discuss playing the game and constantly having to navigate people talking about not playing it.

You're literally the reason this game will die.

Because Blizzard and apparently the oblivious players like you, actively ignore player feedback and glaring issues with the game, and you saying "Ok but other parts are fun, just move on and let the game keep dying, i'm having fun." We'll keep bringing it up until someone is fired or they listen to us and fix the snore fest, its so simple, they had since early Alpha, there is no excuse.

We're negative because we're frustrated and they don't listen and only makes us more frustrated, there is no "moving on from this soon."

People have said the game has been "dying" for years and years now. You would think that line would get tiring, but it would seem not.
I mean people can deny it all they want but the problem with downward trends is that they continue to trend. No one want's an "i told you so" as we all still lose. Hell in this thread alone people are trying to use cata and wod as 'oh people complained then too big deal' even though one was the start of the decline and the cyclic subs, while the other axed half the sub numbers yet they hit record profits due to microtransactions. I'm not sure how you argue with people like that.
I feel like I can't play or talk about this game any more without some one bringing up how "bad" it is, without even having any experience in the matter.

I really hope we can move on from this soon, because even though there are plenty of problems with the expansion, how often do we actually need to talk about the same things over and over again before the people who genuinely dislike it can move on with their lives, and the people who are sticking it out can focus on the positives and the future of the game?

All I know is Blizzcon is coming up. I hope there will be some fun times to be had and more things we can all agree on and enjoy, because even though I absolutely love this game and its community, its really hard to want to discuss playing the game and constantly having to navigate people talking about not playing it.

I uninstalled WoW and other Blizzard games two weeks into BfA. I had purchased 6 months of game time at the end of Legion and was ready to have some fun.

Ugh, what a train wreck. It's not just that BfA was so terrible, it was but the accumulation of previous bad design piled onto the horrible feeling BfA was leaving me with every day I played it.

You hope people move on? I don't even want to play WoW anymore. I feel like years of bad game design being shoved down my throat despite a great many people complaining about it is such an insult. You can't come to the forums and have a constructive discussion about stuff you don't like without fanboys and MVP's making snarky comments, dismissing criticism, or just ignoring feedback. How do we know feedback is ignored? Because most unpopular stuff for three expansions now is never removed. Yeah I know it's a shocker but sometimes It's better to remove something that is bad instead of thinking you can fix it.

Why do I keep coming here and piling on the so called negativity? Because Blizzard actually used to be good. They don't need a pat on the back by fanboys or loyal to a fault MVPs, they need a reality check and a change of direction.

How many wildly unpopular game changes that make the game unrecognizable from what it used to be before someone wises up and really changes things? Stop doubling down on garbage and balance and improve what used to work.

Scaling is terrible, pathfinder is horrible, the GCD is boring, titanforging vs gear you can work for is awful, and professions are an abomination in BfA. Pathfinder in Legion held back flying for over half a year. Is that really fun? Not to most people. But you can bet BfA flying plans were close to the same. They'll probably shorten it some but most people were happy with max level being the requirement. They don't seem to get half a crap about players, and if they did they'd probably have the option to buy flying at max level along with pathfinder. But choice isn't an option with this dev team and saying fun is important is just lip service. It's empty and disingenuous.

Spare me the move on deflection narrative or the veiled insults about people not knowing what they're talking about. I've seen people with more achievement points who've played the game longer than I have fed up with the direction it has gone. Sure it would be easier if you could just sweep all the dissatisfaction under the rug and dismiss all the critics. The problem is some of us would like to see WoW be fun again. The game isn't mostly good right now it's mostly bad. Fix it. Really fix it. Stop trying to improve failed ideas and go back to things that used to work. Not that the game needs to be the same as it used to be, but radically changing it from what worked sure hasn't worked out so well.
10/17/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Archona
I think a metric crapton of stuff needs to be changed/fixed...starting with canning the whole of the dev team.....and putting back things they've pruned out because they're LAZY.
I think it's not a matter of laziness but instead reduced investment due to less people playing the game and the focus on their other titles.
This is one of the best xpacs thus far.

Pvp is enjoyable again, M+ still fun, first raid is super cool, some really amazing looking armor sets, Azerite Armor is a cool new addition, classes I’m playing are fun, and the story/art are simply unmatched by anything wow has done before.

I’m having a blast. I love BFA.
I find it easier to be a little more casual about my play time this expansion, but that works out great for me as RL got super busy toward the end of Legion and I was starting to burn out.

The game is still fun. I still love it. It's less intuitive about where you should be going or focusing after a certain point, but that's not horrible. Not the best, but not horrible.

The longer I play this game, the more casual I become. It's not worth the headache and heartache to stress about it. I enjoy WoW the most when I treat it like a game of distraction and exploration and social hangout. Maybe I don't want to do 14 world quests today. Maybe I just want to fish. Or see how high up this hill I can climb...whatever. It's fun. I gave up stressing about it.
10/17/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Zaranthosdk
I uninstalled WoW and other Blizzard games two weeks into BfA.

20k achievement points?

I'd say you're jaded and at some point allowed this game to cross over from video game to something else.

A break, few weeks or forever, is fine.

Have a good one. :)
10/17/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Xenya
I could go on & on.. but it's not worth my time because for the most part it has all been said before.

Heh, that's how I feel about the last 12 years of "wow is dying!" threads.
If you’re playing certain specs, this expansion is “just fine” because you’re having fun.

And if you’re playing a dead spec like MM, not so much.
They need fix azzrite since it effects classes too hard. My main glaring issue. My class isn’t bothered but few my friends are. We still enjoy game play but story horde side is enjoyable we left alliance since blizz is tanking them hard.
Fire ION, hire people that care about their player base again, and value us and you'll see returns and positive comments, until then youll get more of the same, UNHAPPY PLAYERS based on ION and his team of OH WELL DEAL WITH IT YOULL LIKE IT OR LEAVE. Great Customer service A+ right there, and they wonder why we are mad....
10/17/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Raistmajere
10/17/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Archona
I think it's not a matter of laziness but instead reduced investment due to less people playing the game and the focus on their other titles.

In other words: Lazy.
10/17/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Searik
I mean people can deny it all they want but the problem with downward trends is that they continue to trend. No one want's an "i told you so" as we all still lose. Hell in this thread alone people are trying to use cata and wod as 'oh people complained then too big deal' even though one was the start of the decline and the cyclic subs, while the other axed half the sub numbers yet they hit record profits due to microtransactions. I'm not sure how you argue with people like that.
More like we can't argue with people like you.
Honestly, Cata according to forums was the absolute breaking point. This place was in a frenzy similar to this, and yet, HERE WE ARE 8 YEARS LATER!

In another 8 years there will probably be another expansion where people are foaming at the mouth again, and some of us will point back to BfA and people will say "oh, that wasn't anywhere near that bad".

Seen this pattern over and over and over here in GD.
Am completely numb to all the 'sky is falling', 'the end is nigh' that GD perpetually lives in.
how often do we actually need to talk about the same things over and over again

Until they get fixed?

Is this a trick question?
its a good expansion people on forums are just toxic they wouldnt talk like this irl

You know you dont have to read subjects that bother you so much. Part of the problem is people like you that dismiss obvious problems and pretend things are rosy. It just makes it worse when a small part of the forums cant even admit there are issues. Its the vocal minority that say the game is perfect. Most people think there are serious issues with game. So go ahead and bury your head in the same but dont complain about people complaining and act like you post constantly your the majority.

Im glad there are people that think this expansion is perfect and really enjoy it. But the toxic forums is due to the fact that anytime anyone criticism anything about game we have the same few people creating drama. yea, the vocal minority. Just let people vent and say what they want to say and dont argue if you want it to go away. If someone does not like the expanion and you jump all over people its not gonna die. So if you really want the drama to end the vocal minority(the dev lovers) need to stop. But i could care less if it stops. I can read a post and get over it. The dev lovers i believe lose sleep.