Blizzard please don't remove Bonus Forging

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 51 Next
10/17/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Rankin
10/17/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Haunker
But, I've been pretty firm to my stance on page 1 in this entire thread. I'd very much rather titanforging have a cap on how high it can go on a per-piece basis, and not a global cap of 395. I was a bit aloof about it at first but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it was kinda the big reason I quit raiding. And that bummed me out.

So your solution is an overly complicated system where there are a dozen different caps on gear depending on where it comes from.

10/17/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Dorgthar
It happens, anyone who actually runs LFR with any consistently will back my claim up. Do it yourself. Don't need to take the time to screen capture, post and notify you. Not retracting fact.

If you can't back up your claim, then no one is going to take your claim seriously.

10/17/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Dorgthar
Actually if you read the posts, you're the one trying to bait and get a rise out of people who are trying to have a real discussion.

Says the person who makes up claims with nothing to back them up.

Good God, you are so obtuse. You must be a real treat in RL.
Go run LFR and pay attention next time to the drops.
10/17/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Dorgthar
Why does it make it fun? How does it make you feel that the effort you put in was justly rewarded? Or are you a fan of the slot machine reward system?

Who isn't a fan? that's the real question.

If you win a lambo by just ordering some pizza... why would you be against that..

"I I worked hard, I need to get rewarded for my effort"

YoU ArE GeTtinG ReWaRded

LFR scrub is getting 340+ while you are getting 385+ HOW IS THIS NOT REWARDED EXPLAIN.
TRAITOR

HERETIC
Looks for pitchfork and torch. I disagree.
How does it make you feel that the effort you put in was justly rewarded?

I never claimed that

But winning something for "Free" it doesn't matter how - is always better than winning nothing. or showing up for raids just for the gold.

After we clear full 8/8 and we gear up.. why do we keep clearing then? So lets quit and take a break till next patch? <- ya great design and very healthy for the community and blizzard should listen to you guys.
So your solution is an overly complicated system where there are a dozen different caps on gear depending on where it comes from.

I really fail to understand how "this item can only roll 15 item levels higher than its base" is complicated.

Granted, I don't do coding or anything, but, from an outsider perspective, it's basically what warforging was in MoP and WoD, but 15 instead of 6/5 respectively.

again, that's not complex.
10/17/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Edisbelee

I never claimed that

But winning something for "Free" it doesn't matter how - is always better than winning nothing. or showing up for raids just for the gold.

After we clear full 8/8 and we gear up.. why do we keep clearing then? So lets quit and take a break till next patch? <- ya great design and very healthy for the community and blizzard should listen to you guys.

you gear another character or kick !@# in BiS gear

if you’re done gearing you’ve “won” for the time being, you’re at peak potential
I can smell the sarcasm, but this is actually what quite a number of players are doing as a result of wf/tf.

So uh...yeah.

Method & Limit raider's opinion on Titanforged

Spoilers: They hate it.

Boo ****ing hoo
I say this as a former raider. Years later I am now married with two children. I am a filthy casual now because I’m so busy with life now I’m lucky to take a dump in peace. If they got rid of the forging I’d probably quit. Say what you want. I’m not lazy or not trying to better my character. I have a life and also enjoy playing WoW when I can. Get over yourselves, it’s not that big a deal it’s a video game.

I never claimed that

Maybe we should all hold hands and hand out gear so everyone is the same, classes are the same and we all do the same dps. Is this the world you aspire WoW to be?

Posting anonymously seriously makes your points more credible too.
10/17/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Rakruwah

What if i'm not into alts? or gearing another char?

Pet battles? no thanks.

At least with TF I can still go back and win higher ilvl trinket than the one I already have.
10/17/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Flashelas

Method & Limit raider's opinion on Titanforged

Spoilers: They hate it.

Boo ****ing hoo

I think you missed (or intentionally left out, but I'm not going to assume this to give the benefit of the doubt) the context to this, where a poster argued that many mythic raiders were fine with titanforging, and the person who posted this video simply did so to prove a point. That said, method is like, the .001% but, across the entire mythic community, their feelings are pretty much echoed.
10/17/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Haunker
I can smell the sarcasm, but this is actually what quite a number of players are doing as a result of wf/tf.

So uh...yeah.

Back in older expansions we didn't just quit when we got our full Conquest gear. We went into arena and random bgs to beat up noobs
10/17/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Opera
So when you spend that $2 on a lottery ticket in real life and win $20 million, since it was such small effort and cost, you'll turn the 20 million down, right? Because there was no difficulty in return for the great reward?

Right?
Are you really that dense? Pretty much no one will turn it down. But I'm certainly not going to sit there and brag that I "earned" it either, nor will I defend playing the lottery as a perfectly valid way to make a living. Notwithstanding the fact that this is a video game, and NOT real life.

What is so bad about doing harder content for better gear? To continue with your terrible usage of real life examples to illustrate situations in a fictional online game world: Let's say that a co-worker worked 25 hours last week making donuts, while you also made donuts (at the same hourly wage) except you worked 55 hours that week and made five times the donuts your co-worker did. You're saying it's fine for them to bring home double your salary because their paycheck "titanforged"? Heck no. You'd be rightfully furious.
10/17/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Jalen
10/17/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Haunker
...I can smell the sarcasm, but this is actually what quite a number of players are doing as a result of wf/tf.

So uh...yeah.

Back in older expansions we didn't just quit when we got our full Conquest gear. We went into arena and random bgs to beat up noobs

Exactly. And in raids, even when you were full bis, you'd keep going in for ranks or to help friends. Now there's no such thing as bis. And if there's no such thing as bis, what's the point in keeping playing beyond full clearing or earning your 2200? Not much.
10/17/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Edisbelee
10/17/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Rakruwah

What if i'm not into alts? or gearing another char?

Pet battles? no thanks.

At least with TF I can still go back and win higher ilvl trinket than the one I already have.

if you’re just playing for an object with a higher number than the object you have, you might as well be rolling a 100 sided die and writing the number on paper

the power of your gear is a means to an end, being a god damn badass, and titanforging muddies the water so you have to roll that die every day till next tier when they pull the rug out from under you again
It's always funny when people make the argument that "You should run harder content to get higher ilvl gear!" ignoring the fact that people who routinely run harder content have higher ilvl gear than people who don't still, today, in the age of Titanforging.

Because getting a 390 item from Mythic Uldir is much more likely than getting a 390 item from Heroic Uldir. Getting a bunch of 370s and a lucky 380 in Heroic ? Congrats, the Mythic guy got a bunch of 385s and a 395.

The guy literally did not change, except people have nice bonuses once in a while. But leave it to GD to actually want this perk removed. And then if Blizzard caves (they already locked Weapons to +10 max), people will be screaming bloody murder about how they can't improve their ilvls to get into groups anymore!
I was cool with warforged, 5 ilvls, maaaayyyybe 10. Nice little perk when it happened, but not game-breaking. Not a fan at all of this crazy wild titanforging, this coming from a player who has/has had very high ilvl titanforging procs.
10/17/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Beraaht
It's always funny when people make the argument that "You should run harder content to get higher ilvl gear!" ignoring the fact that people who routinely run harder content have higher ilvl gear than people who don't still, today, in the age of Titanforging.

Because getting a 390 item from Mythic Uldir is much more likely than getting a 390 item from Heroic Uldir. Getting a bunch of 370s and a lucky 380 in Heroic ? Congrats, the Mythic guy got a bunch of 385s and a 395.

The guy literally did not change, except people have nice bonuses once in a while. But leave it to GD to actually want this perk removed. And then if Blizzard caves (they already locked Weapons to +10 max), people will be screaming bloody murder about how they can't improve their ilvls to get into groups anymore!

That's not where any of the people in this thread, save for a few troll posts, are coming from with the disagreement.

Granted yes, higher level content should yield higher rewards, and they do, but the chance of getting entire difficulty modes higher gear still exists. Feels great for the moment, but it never won't feel bad for the people around you when it does. The argument "wow why cant u just be happy for ur friends" isn't sound because while yes, I'd always be happy that a bud and guildie got a huge upgrade, it will still always leave a sinking feeling that it couldn't also happen for me. And frankly, you're lying if you claim never to have felt that.

Moreover, the chance at huge titanforging greatly incentivizes running content lower than your gear level in order to roll the magical titanforging dice a few more times. And it's exhausting to keep up with doing that every single week, chasing full 395 even though you'll statistically never get it.

It really sucks, my man. It's why I quit raiding.