Blizzard please don't remove Bonus Forging

General Discussion
Prev 1 26 27 28 51 Next
Blizz, please remove Warforging and Titanforging, as well as random sockets. I like gear randomly being able to upgrade with Indestructible / Leech / Speed.

Add sockets to set gear slots.

A little RNG is good. RNG layered on top of RNG feels terrible for me. Having to go back and farm WQ trinkets in the hopes they TF because if they do they're BiS feels bad.
I actually like the rng system. Makes it super exciting when it happens.
Like for example, I was doing heroic uldir clears with my guild (which drops 370ilvl) and a trinket I looted titanforged to 390!

The problem is that people expect titanforging, rather than let it come as a surprise.

Relax, it's still just a game guys.
I like seeing a titanforged item. I hate seeing it used against me. In PvP, it can easily turn the tide with zero to no effort. Its making gearing really heavily favored in some instances and lacking in others. I have some titanforges myself. The best one came from a chest for just doing a quest. No real effort.

Honestly? Get rid of all rng in gearing. Bring back static sockets. Remove warforged and titanforged. I hate waiting for a drop, and then hoping the drop procs. Sure, it sucks when content is on farm and that second piece of loot in the same socket will always be useless, but it really brings about these stat squishes faster and sooner.
The system we had in MoP where you could get a slightly higher piece was great. It was something that the those of us who wanted to chase after the highest ilvl we could ... had something to chase after but when you killed bosses on harder modes it didn't feel awful getting an item that you would need... but it being useless because you didn't get a lucky ilvl proc.

I got insanely lucky the first time my guild killed Mythrax on normal and got his tricket which proc'd to 370 and a socket on it. Since then both times I've killed it on heroic it's not Warforged so it just ends up either going to a guildy or getting sharded. Having a system that you have no control over getting better loot is f***ing terrible. Gearing shouldn't be so heavily reliant on luck.

I get they want casuals to be able to get high ilvl pieces doing low difficulty content... but they don't need it. At least go back to MoP where Warforging was a minimal difference and still made killing bosses on higher difficulties worth it even if you got lucky and got the warforged item from a lower difficulty
10/18/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Mvura
I really enjoy titanforging.

Said no one ever.
It's not a lottery and to call it such is an attempt to frame the discussion as one about pure chance. You get out what you put in to the system. It averages over time, even if individual events may vary. Currency is a boring slog to the same end goal.

Personally I prefer the drifting incremental creep of my item level over time. The bulk of the increase comes from doing harder content, but while doing said content it's not flat. Older gear methods were very staircase-like.
Improving your ilvl and stats should be through improving yourself as a player. Not winning the lottery.

Then give us better sources for upgrades. Want to remove titanforging? Fine.

What goes in its place?

BFA and weapons.

How many sources are there?

Very few that arent gated by RNG. Would YOU be happy running around with a 325 blue weapon that drags you down for weeks?

"There are raids and other sources for gear"

Yeah there are, gated by RNG. And when you get kicked for bad dps, you look at your character and what do you say?

"I got kicked because my weapon sicks and there is NOWHERE to get an upgrade from..this isnt my fauit".

And it isnt.

Its a failure of game design.

Crafted weapons? You need 40 hydrocore. Where do you get those? Mythics and raids. To do those you need to finish, to finish you need to not be kicked, to not be kicked you need good dps, and what happens?

You get kicked for bad dps whilst trying to get the craft mats to make a good weapon so you dont get kicked for bad dps.

"LOL noob LFR is a loot pinata"

No it isnt. You can run for weeks and get NOTHING.

Kill boss with weapon drop on table. Here have some azerite.

Use bonus roll.

Here have more azerite.

You are now locked and cant loot that boss for another week. See where this is going? RNG gating is what is holding people back and there HAS to be a better way.

but they don't need it.

The progress of my toon is as important to me as yours is to you. It is not your place to tell me what i do or dont need.
Forging definitely kills part of the game for me because I no longer get excited when something drops and didn't forge. However, I also enjoy when something forges. I think the forging is just too much right now. Limit it to 5 item levels for war and 10 for titan. Then it's still sort of a "hey cool this forged" but not a "damn it why didn't this forge????" type of feeling.
Signing to say please remove this awful lottery system. It hurts higher end players and really damages what little incentive there already is to raid.

It was bad in MoP, it was bad in WoD, it was bad in Legion and it's still bad in BFA.
I feel like items being able to forge is one of the worst experiences in the game. If I go into a raid group, perform my role perfect, contribute to the group, and we down the boss, a person who did the exact same thing as me shouldn't get loot that randomly is better than what I or anyone else receive.

It can feel nice when it does happen to you personally, but at the end of the day I feel like it's a very disappointing system. It discourages people from doing end-game content. Knowing I get an item that could of been better if it titanforged does not make me want to do the content again to hopefully have it happen next time, it makes me want to do it less.
10/18/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Tirii
The problem is that people expect titanforging, rather than let it come as a surprise.

Relax, it's still just a game guys.
Yeah, this is the real problem with some people.
10/18/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Kirkwood
Titanforged, it keeps me playing the game

Working as intended.

Thanks for helping to ruin a game we all once loved.
Stop crying the derp players did that to themselfs.
I dislike warforgning, titanforging, even sockets.

The main reason being that I'm being rewarded at random. I like my rewards to be in response to my effort.

The whole bonus forging system is too much like gambling, so I'm sure a lot of people will genuinely like it. I'm simply not someone who likes gambling.

I also find that bonus forging makes it harder to choose gear. For example raid gear drops in increments of 15 ilvls, which is a large enough difference to matter. But with +5 or +10 or a socket it's suddenly not so clear when you got an upgrade or not. And most upgrades are comparatively smaller.
10/18/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Mariuss
I thought the WF/Socket/Bonus Stat system in WoD was a nice balance of "hey look this item I have 5 of is somewhat better this time" without giving out an insane reward that feels "unearned".

I would suggest upping the chances on the sockets and bonus stats. It feels like in BFA you hardly ever see them.

So far in my time at 120 I've seen two WF, one TF, and two sockets. Compared to the number of pieces of gear that I looted/won, that's a fairly low percentage but I'm assuming it's working as intended.
5 ilvl forge I can live with but 10 is really pushing it and titanforging is just awful.
It is the higher ilvl forging that keeps a LOT of player stay subbed and repeat raid / dungeons in hope to get better gear.

If there was a hard cap on ilvl, then people will unsub once they get all the gear until next content patch.

Even a +10 ilvl increase via valor points have a hard cap. Once people farmed enough valors to upgrade all the gear, they really didn't have a reason to go back and keep doing raids.

More RNG is always "good for business", and it doesn't matter if it's bad for playerbase.
10/18/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Hateshotalt
355 drops from normal raids, and without even setting foot into normal raids, I should not have equivalent gear. I will probably be over 370 by the time the next raid comes out. Why am I in heroic gear without heroic effort? You need to go reread my comment...out loud, or have someone translate it for you.

I don't get your logic, I can just search the AH and buy BOE 390+ items.. with gold..

https://imgur.com/nu0SxIb

390+ being sold for gold in Ah... is fine? but kid getting lucky "The End of the World"

Where is the effort in buying a 390+ pieces from the AH just because you are rich? even if it wasn't titanforged 385+ where the heck is the effort?
PLEASE remove it and bring back the currency system. The game has become WAY too easy.
I like warforging and titanforging, but it can easily lead into situations where other players get way ahead of the majority of players through pure, dumb luck.

It's not fun for the other 24 people when the lowest DPS (that is, below even the healers) or an AFKer in LFR gets a +90 forge on a trinket, then proceeds to spam link it in instance chat like they actually did something for it.

Make it so that, at most, a piece can only forge +15 over the ilevel of the content done, OR +10 over the overall ilevel of the player, whichever is higher.
Examples:
ilevel 280 player raids LFR, normal, heroic: LFR drop forging is limited to 355 (+15 over LFR ilevel), Normal drop forging is limited to 370 (+15 over normal), Heroic drop forging is limited to 385 (+15 over heroic).
ilevel 365 player raids LFR, normal, heroic: LFR drop forging is limited to 375 (+10 over player ilevel), Normal drop forging is limited to 375 (+10 over player), Heroic drop forging is limited to 385 (+15 over heroic ilevel).

The lone exception to this should be the weekly M+ chest, which still operates on its own forging rules.
10/18/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Aehl
Improving your ilvl and stats should be through improving yourself as a player. Not winning the lottery.

Then give us better sources for upgrades. Want to remove titanforging? Fine.

What goes in its place?

BFA and weapons.

How many sources are there?

Very few that arent gated by RNG. Would YOU be happy running around with a 325 blue weapon that drags you down for weeks?

"There are raids and other sources for gear"

Yeah there are, gated by RNG. And when you get kicked for bad dps, you look at your character and what do you say?

"I got kicked because my weapon sicks and there is NOWHERE to get an upgrade from..this isnt my fauit".

And it isnt.

Its a failure of game design.

Crafted weapons? You need 40 hydrocore. Where do you get those? Mythics and raids. To do those you need to finish, to finish you need to not be kicked, to not be kicked you need good dps, and what happens?

You get kicked for bad dps whilst trying to get the craft mats to make a good weapon so you dont get kicked for bad dps.

"LOL noob LFR is a loot pinata"

No it isnt. You can run for weeks and get NOTHING.

Kill boss with weapon drop on table. Here have some azerite.

Use bonus roll.

Here have more azerite.

You are now locked and cant loot that boss for another week. See where this is going? RNG gating is what is holding people back and there HAS to be a better way.

but they don't need it.

The progress of my toon is as important to me as yours is to you. It is not your place to tell me what i do or dont need.

YES. You are absolutely right. Weapon upgrades are impossible to find, and the design of the game aside from Titanforging is playing into the same issue: Progress is less personal, based on RNG chance of seeing a Titanforge or a highly valuable upgrade reward from a World Quest or Emissary. Consistent sources of specific gear pieces was a much more satisfying system.