I'm over this expansion.

General Discussion
10/24/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Sustolla
This is the same as Legion in regards to do M+ and raids to get gear and mostly that is about it.

Gear treadmill will always be apart of wow in some form, i found Legion m+ way better less Los issues and stair bugs , and we could gear swap on the fly, speed sets , avoidance sets, mass aoe sets , pure ST sets had so much more options and Artifacts rocked.

10/24/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Sustolla
Also, again, the world doesn't feel challenging or dangerous. For example, even my leveling prot Warrior with meh gear can steamroll through 10+ mobs.

Yeh its instanced warcraft the world of Azeroth means nothing in a open world mmorpg anymore. You want world content its WQ's and Arathi rares every two weeks thats it.

Blizz feels the need to reinvent the wheel every expansion instead of improving on what works and removing what doesnt.
If you rank the expansions in order, BFA is definitely at the end. There have been tons of bugs. Azerite turned out to be a bust. The story is terrible and the amount of effort dedicated to each faction is really unbalanced. I did the BFA intro stuff for alliance the other day looking forward to the same type of scenario that the horde got, and all I found were a bunch of cut scenes. This isn't the same quality product that previous expansions have been.
10/24/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Culrulk
Blizz feels the need to reinvent the wheel every expansion instead of improving on what works and removing what doesnt.

Someone finally said it. This is what has killed class immersion. I don't feel like I am a warlock, when I only have 4 abilities and a couple of other things that is the same as other classes. Sure make each class unique, but not it just seems like they are again too similar. No other abilities that make me feel like a Warlock, for example Soulshatter, summoning more than just imps and a bloody felguard as Demo.

Worst bit is everyone is streamlined to 120, so you have 120s still learning their class when they should have learnt it leveling their toon. That is one reason why boosts have really devalued the skill of end game players.

10/24/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Cowtooth
If you rank the expansions in order, BFA is definitely at the end. There have been tons of bugs. Azerite turned out to be a bust. The story is terrible and the amount of effort dedicated to each faction is really unbalanced. I did the BFA intro stuff for alliance the other day looking forward to the same type of scenario that the horde got, and all I found were a bunch of cut scenes. This isn't the same quality product that previous expansions have been.

This has been a problem time and time again.

Big example was Warlocks in Legion Alpha. People told Blizzard for six months that Warlocks felt really pruned and lackluster during the Alpha and Beta. Yet Blizzard just ignored pages of advice. When Legion launched, I switched from Warlock to Pally because of how boring Warlock was.

You can even see with one Legion Q and A where Ion addressed the collective rage Warlocks voiced when after 6 months of Legion Alpha none of their concerns were being addressed. He said (as if we didn't know) that we need to create constructive threads on how to improve the class for him to look at.

Which was him just not even bothering to look at Warlock feedback prior to the Q and A. Because, if he just went to the Warlock forums, he would have found multiple threads about Warlock recommended class changes and even a PINNED POST by a community moderator at the time.

The real issue I am seeing is unless we talk with our wallets. Blizzard could not care less about our concerns.
/shakes set of keys at OP

What? You're not entertained?

IMO, the biggest problem with WoW is that it has become a very activity driven game. You've always had things like instances and BGs, but now everything is so heavily incentivized and mapped out for you (the player) that it feels like a job. Punch in, do your scheduled activities that yield the most weekly rewards, and punch out.

Where's the fun? Thank God my actual job is actually fulfilling. It's pretty sad that I have more fun going to work than playing a video game.
Feels like a job when your fun times involve playing a game that has a "daily grind" in it.
I wish it was the same as legion. I miss having something to progress through and farming legendaries on alts.
I'm over this expansion.

<This Expansion> you're over me? when were you under me?

Lols, that Friends show.
10/24/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Úlfhéðnar
I'm looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2 in a couple days. That game world looks so good!

Also, Ashes of Creation looks promising, especially since it's from a developer based in the United States. I'm not a fan of Asian MMORPGS with all of their exploits, hacks, and poor customer service. It's nice to see a new developer from the US working on an MMORPG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMlOqAj9kXE

I'm not going to say it's a WoW killer, because WoW is killing itself. So, it doesn't really matter, because I'd be playing it today if it were available.

Ashes looks ok, the only issue I have with a lot of these new MMORPGS is the fact that all of them are these sandbox/survival element MMOs. Ashes looks like it could be good I’m just curious as to how well it will do with the sub fee attached.

I’ve been playing GW2 and that has been a real blast. Kind of a fun feeling being a brand new player inside an MMO that’s been going on for years.
My sub also expires in a few days. This thread generally sums up why i'm not resubbing. I've been working on loremaster for the past month and its been much more fun; however, not enough for me to use my token to play. I've picked up maplestory 2, which is free to play and really points out how little effort is going into wow.