Was early legion this bad?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
In 7.0 the Emissary chest at the end of the day's quests had a chance of getting you the Legendary items you would need.

In 8.0 there's no such analogous item. Outside of the daily Azerite you get which is a flawed system.

Never did you LOSE traits from your artifact in 7.0 unless you CHOSE to via reforging your weapon or replacing a relic. In 8.0, replacing your gear with better gear means you lose your traits because.... reasons?
Every expansion had complaining.

I loved Legion though and I think a big part was all the class specific storylines to do.

But every expansion you can peel back to dailies/raiding/PvP as the only lasting content.
10/26/2018 02:38 AMPosted by Smadinker
There has never been an expansion that was released in the incomplete and beta-state that BfA was released in.

WoD.

WoD was so bad that they didn't even give a name to patch 6.1. They just called it Garrison Update or something.

But it was pretty obvious that 6.1 was just all the stuff they would have liked to have ready for 6.0 (Belf models, cough) but couldn't because pre-order laws lock you into a pretty tight deadline.
Apparently Legion was worse because I had unsubbed early in Legion and I'm still here with no unsub plans yet in BfA.
One of the problems with Bfa is that all the questing was faction specific, this means unless you played both Horde and Alliance you are only seeing half the content. The biggest problem with this is that most people like me only play 1 character and maybe a few alts of the same faction.

If everyone got to play both factions worth of quests I think it would have bought more time for the next patch.
No, early Legion was when people were saying hey, WoW is actually pretty decent this time around, you should return.

BfA is the total opposite.
10/26/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Narakulock
One of the problems with Bfa is that all the questing was faction specific, this means unless you played both Horde and Alliance you are only seeing half the content. The biggest problem with this is that most people like me only play 1 character and maybe a few alts of the same faction.

If everyone got to play both factions worth of quests I think it would have bought more time for the next patch.

I'm mixed if this is good or bad.

I usually play 1 faction, so doing the class specific stuff from Legion was easier to do.

I'm also kind of excited to start on my horde guy soon knowing I have a completely new leveling experience ahead of me.
BfA objectivity has more content than legion at this time.
Yknow how people complain that azerite is too hard to acquire?

Leggos were even harder. And to top it off, not only were they massively imbalanced (many specs had blatantly overpowered ones, and others such as sephuz, prydaz, and most spec specific leggos) were just stupidly weak and were avoided at all costs.

Well, before Nighthold, you couldn't get more than 4 per character. So if you got 4 trash tier (and this is back when, again, which leggos you got made a MASSIVE difference) you were just screwed. That's why so many mythic raiders had two, or even three, of each class/spec. At least one was guaranteed to hopefully get good leggos.
10/26/2018 02:22 AMPosted by Awby
I found early Legion to be very compelling. Some of the systems had definite flaws but they were so fresh and new that it outweighed the disadvantages. And Suramar was an utterly phenomenal zone that kept you plugging away at it gradually, week after week. Cannot say enough good things about Suramar. I also really liked seeing all of the class hall stuff on my alts.
This! Stole the words right out of my mouth <3.

BFA feels like legion but worse >.< now legion wasn’t AMAZING OMGGG it felt better then this tho. I still think MOP was probably the last expansion I truly enjoyed because you always had stuff to do that was different, has a variety in better words.

But also remmeber everyone hating on MOP so bad even people who didn’t play.
10/26/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Fuhrioús
BfA objectivity has more content than legion at this time.

A house made of gold vs a castle made of dung bricks.
10/26/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Melaroi
WoD.

WoD was so bad that they didn't even give a name to patch 6.1. They just called it Garrison Update or something.

WoD was a 1 year expansion experiment that got rushed out the door to tie into the Warcraft movie hype.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1874264-A-collection-of-all-known-cut-delayed-content-in-Warlords-of-Draenor

Add all that as a 2 year expansion and WoD would have fared much better.

Also: don't lie to and string along your paying customers with a promised reward then pull a 180 on an obscure website on a Friday evening of a holiday weekend.

https://www.polygon.com/2015/5/22/8645293/world-of-warcraft-no-flying-tanaan-jungle-warlords-of-draenor-mmo-pc-blizzard

Apparently Blizzard's WoW team thrives on poor decision making.
10/26/2018 02:13 AMPosted by Skold
Everyone has told me legion was bad early on but became one of the more notable expansions, was early legion this bad?

Legion and BFA are almost carbon copies of each other.
Just the fact that there was a Suramar - regardless of the rep or time gating - it was a max zone with it's own story that culminated in probably the best raid of Legion. You also had a sense of power progression because Suramar mobs got easier as your ilvl/artifact went up. We have nothing comparable in BfA...
No it was not, but BfA was not a bad launch, its been a rocky start but its viewed as being bad and for a reason i can understand.

The reason BfA launch is called bad by many people is because we got nothing new that was good. If anything reaching 120 in BfA felt like i was playing the end of legion again. There was really nothing to do. The only new features we got, eaither flopped, or were not even out yet. Islands did a belly flop hardcore, and are only mildly enjoyable and now that most everyone has second ring unlocked, are a ghost town.

The other major selling point of the exp was warfronts where have had a myriad of issues with them. One being that we went almost a month through the exp before we got the experience both sides, and both sides were pretty lack luster to begin with.

So imo bfa was not a bad launch, in fact it was the most stable connection wise i have ever seen, it was just a disappointing one, as the new hotness features were pretty meh.
In early Legion I had to slog through everything because I leveled not fast enough in WoD and was severely under geared. BfA is actually balanced pretty good for us slow levelers.
Legion was great besides Emerald Nightmare and Legendaries. If Legendaries were designed and balanced by someone not braindead and Emerald Nightmare had better bosses Legion would probably have been the best expac ever.

BFA had all my friends quit faster then WOD. Friends list went from 18 online running dungeons and questing to 1 or 2 a day at most. WoD had way better questing zones and treasures to get. Sure they had less dungeons but you didnt run the risk of getting burnt out and logging in and just raiding and doing garrisons felt better then world quest spamming and azerite neck piece garbage. No set bonuses was one horrible design decision and azerite armor is garbage and always will be. Even if they make Azerite armor set bonuses 2.0 they will look like morons for taking it out in the first place.
I think early Legion was one of their better releases, if not THE best. I think Wrath was the best release, but since that is my favorite xpac, I may be biased. Legion had plenty to do at the start, Suramar questing for max levels, and, more notably, probably the smoothest release of any xpac to date.
No, it wasn't as bad. It was actually much worse. If you wanted to play your best, you can forget about alts and off-specs because the legendary system and artifact research mechanics made it so you had to farm a lot just to get what you need to play your spec properly. Even worse, you had to get lucky to get the correct legendaries, so you were better off in the long run to bite the bullet, reroll, and wait a few months hoping you get the correct legendaries this time. The balance was just as bad as now if not worse. Guardians were the best tank for everything and made all the others obsolete (they could solo tank mythic Guarm and were the best tank by a mile for mythic NH) and the dps disparity was 30%+.
10/26/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Loh
No, early Legion was when people were saying hey, WoW is actually pretty decent this time around, you should return.

BfA is the total opposite.

Actually early Legion was the consistent complaints about WQs, AP farming, Legendary farming, rep grinding, and overall lack of alt friendliness. Oh and professions! Boy the complaints about professions.