The D.E.N.N.I.S. system for handling trolls

General Discussion
First you need to DEMONSTRATE value, you can do that by being positive and not giving in to cynicism. This will attract the troll and make them interested and attack.

Next you'll need to ENGAGE responsively. You must respond quickly to hook them.

Then you're going to want to NURTURE that troll's dependence. Foster their need, appear to be slipping up, let them think they've got -you- hooked.

Now it's time to NEGLECT emotionally. Totally stop replying to their flames. Give others all the attention and resume the topic.

The troll will keep trying though, so INSPIRE hope by doing one last response. This is the most intimate and tender moment, where the troll believes they got you back.

Finally then, it's time to SEPERATE ENTIRELY. Put them on ignore and don't even read their posts. Only engage others and repeat the process if they use alts.
Thank you Snowfox! We have plenty of trolls in GD so this is a great tutorial!
10/26/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Snowfox
First you need to DEMONSTRATE value, you can do that by being positive and not giving in to cynicism. This will attract the troll and make them interested and attack.

Next you'll need to ENGAGE responsively. You must respond quickly to hook them.

Then you're going to want to NURTURE that troll's dependence. Foster their need, appear to be slipping up, let them think they've got -you- hooked.

Now it's time to NEGLECT emotionally. Totally stop replying to their flames. Give others all the attention and resume the topic.

The troll will keep trying though, so INSPIRE hope by doing one last response. This is the most intimate and tender moment, where the troll believes they got you back.

Finally then, it's time to SEPERATE ENTIRELY. Put them on ignore and don't even read their posts. Only engage others and repeat the process if they use alts.

He is my favorite character, such a likeable sociopath!
Close the thread or tab over to something else. You have a million tools at your disposal to not get booty bothered on WoW or its forums.
Dr Mantis Toboggan approves.
17,000 posts, defends Blizzard at every turn, ignores everyone who disagrees.

You really sound more like Mac to me.
10/26/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Alvidius

I've always thought of myself as more of a Charlie.

You look like a giant bird!

Sorry, I had to say it
Most underrated show on tv. Unlike BBT, IASIP doesn't need a laughtrack.

#TheNightmanCometh
Gah I love me some Sunny

Some one got confused between post count and achievements.
That is why you have to troll fast and hard! Then git out! You can’t neglect me, I’ll neglect you first!
I want to petition that blizzard changes the name of goldshire inn to Paddy's pub.
I don't trust dennis though
I just wanna know which way is the bathroom.
Anyone interested in buying some Invigaron?
Everyone knows Frank is the best, even if you won't admit it.
10/26/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Falco
Anyone interested in buying some Invigaron?

I'll trade you some of my Fight Milk straight up?
D E N N I S is a menace.

Just ask Mr. Wilson.
Incredible advice, thank you Snowfox, it's amazing you're not an mvp. You should've been given that status a long time ago!