Something feels off

General Discussion
I can't really put my finger on it but something doesn't feel right in BFA.

I loved Legion. Played it non stop from day one. Prelaunch invasions were so much fun. The progression system was fun. The classes I played were great. By the end of Legion all of them felt powerful and fun. I loved the content, leveled all of my characters and new ones because I enjoyed it so much.

BFA launches. The prelaunch events were generic but the cinematics had me hyped up. The art direction is amazing but the content is extremely dull. I've only leveled 3 characters to 120 but I've had enough. Levels 110-116 were fun because of legendaries but my god 117-120 is just painful. Even at 120 doing World quests, more than 1 mob and I'm pretty much dead.

I don't know what's going on, I can't really put my finger on it. I don't feel like I'm progressing with any of my characters. Even at 340 plus things are just hard. The GCD has also made some of the classes I enjoyed so painfully slow and dull.

I won't unsub, in fact I've never unsubbed because of any issues in game. I just haven't been playing as much and it feels lousy because I want to.

Anyone else feel this way?
I miss artifacts and the class campaigns that made leveling alts fun and gave probably way too much to do.

Bfa has some great moments but overall I’m finding less reasons to log in. And a lot of it comes down for me are goals gated behind rng.

I don’t mind grinds. I just hate grinds plus rng which is more and more and more what wow is all about now.

I love collecting pets and mounts. I’ve done dozens upon dozens of island expeditions with friends specifically targeting those two things. I’ve gotten a handful of rewards.

Eventually you have to ask yourself am I having fun?
I've had exactly the same feeling, regarding lack of a feeling of progress. I feel the RNG is mostly to blame for that feeling (and I know that's beating a dead horse). It's hard to feel like I've done anything at all when most of my power has been gained through sheer luck.
They took a great mechanic and implemented into the game in a great way. Took that mechanic a step further and completely miffed on it.

Scaling should have been left to leveling and implementing it into actual ilvls was one of th dumbest things blizz has done in the entirety of this game.

They’ve been steadily removing the flavoring of gearing progression for years now.
10/30/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Siten
They took a great mechanic and implemented into the game in a great way. Took that mechanic a step further and completely miffed on it.

Scaling should have been left to leveling and implementing it into actual ilvls was one of th dumbest things blizz has done in the entirety of this game.

Wait so the game scales according to your ilvl? No wonder it doesn't feel like we're getting more powerful.
10/30/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Bastinelli
I can't really put my finger on it but something doesn't feel right in BFA.

I loved Legion. Played it non stop from day one. Prelaunch invasions were so much fun. The progression system was fun. The classes I played were great. By the end of Legion all of them felt powerful and fun. I loved the content, leveled all of my characters and new ones because I enjoyed it so much.

BFA launches. The prelaunch events were generic but the cinematics had me hyped up. The art direction is amazing but the content is extremely dull. I've only leveled 3 characters to 120 but I've had enough. Levels 110-116 were fun because of legendaries but my god 117-120 is just painful. Even at 120 doing World quests, more than 1 mob and I'm pretty much dead.

I don't know what's going on, I can't really put my finger on it. I don't feel like I'm progressing with any of my characters. Even at 340 plus things are just hard. The GCD has also made some of the classes I enjoyed so painfully slow and dull.

I won't unsub, in fact I've never unsubbed because of any issues in game. I just haven't been playing as much and it feels lousy because I want to.

Anyone else feel this way?

i dunno yet. i'm still trying to level 4 different void elves and a blood elf, to heritage armor. from level 20. havent started on the belf yet. but i gotta get me that belf heritage armor.. she's level 112. holey rusted metal, batman, that stuff is awesome.

but it's verrry slow from level 20.
10/30/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Siten

They’ve been steadily removing the flavoring of gearing progression for years now.

This is another sore point, thanks for bringing it up. I actually really loved the idea of scaling - specifically for wPvP and leveling alts - I thought it'd give a lot more balance to the former and a lot more variety to the latter. The former was pretty much wishful thinking with how they implemented it, and the variety ... You're still stuck choosing between x zones at x level once you hit 60 or so, so it's not as great as I imagined it might be. Definitely not worth the sacrifice of that feeling you used to get when you utterly outgeared and trounced older content.
10/30/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Bastinelli

Wait so the game scales according to your ilvl? No wonder it doesn't feel like we're getting more powerful.

Backwards scaling. There's this 111 242 ilevel DK bot farming hyenas in VolDUn that routinely takes down 6+ mobs faster than I can kill just one at Ilevel 366. And, he doesn't lose any health during the fight. This is just plain wrong.
10/30/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Fugubar
10/30/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Bastinelli

Backwards scaling. There's this 111 242 ilevel DK bot farming hyenas in VolDUn that routinely takes down 6+ mobs faster than I can kill just one at Ilevel 366. And, he doesn't lose any health during the fight. This is just plain wrong.

Absolutely ridiculous. The game felt way more fun at 116 than it does at 120. The game just feels completely different than the one I love.