WoW isn't dying. BFA is fun. Stop posting you're unsubbing...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 13 Next
Just think of WoW as a Jenga puzzle, ever since Cataclysm they've been pulling out pieces of content. It's going to fall, it's inevitable.
11/01/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Briselody
11/01/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Lemontea
It's passive-aggressive, manipulative balderdash. You're noisy withdrawal is all the more ludicrous when you don't actually unsub.

Your title gave me hope that you knew the proper use of your/you're, but imagine my dismay when I open the thread to discover it was all a ruse.

Opps
It's passive-aggressive, manipulative balderdash. You're noisy withdrawal is all the more ludicrous when you don't actually unsub.

Still in the denial phase of grief I see.

It's amazing how consistently you people OP is talking about project. Almost all of your accusations are a reflection of yourself.
11/01/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Ridicruel
I'm sure it'll stop after all the people unsubbing have left. So don't worry. Eventually we'll see an end to the posts.

GOOD. WoW will be fine without you.
Well, here’s the thing: people are directed to the forums to express why they are unsubbing.

There’s more to it than that, however, as the very nature of the process of unsubbing means that the posts will almost certainly be very negative.

Unsubbing requires an action, meaning you have to go into the settings and turn it off (instead of, say, just walking away from it and having it cancel itself), so that means someone has to have made a decision to quit. That means they have a reason, and that reason is not going to be positive.

Very few posts are going to be “great game but I have life stuff to handle”, even if that is a much more common reason than “X mechanic is not to my satisfaction”

People like to complain, and they sometimes have very legitimate points. Well-reasoned and agreed-upon complaints can shape the game in positive ways. Don’t discourage feedback just because you have some kind of “if you don’t like it, leave” mentality - their reasons for leaving might positively affect your experience later.
It's fine if people post why they're leaving, interesting to see their reason(s). Trends are important.
It's almost like when a game becomes 14 years old it loses subs wow.
You're noisy withdrawal is all the more ludicrous when you don't actually unsub.

Hmmmm...I'm in "noisy pre-unsub mode". It's a stage of grief, i.e. "withdrawal". I'll slowly, after much rending of chest, gnashing of teeth, and tears, finally let go. Only difference this time, is that I probably won't be back. I think BFA finally peaked me out on WoW, I have zero faith they have any intention of fixing it.
11/01/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Bynde
11/01/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Femaledwarf
Whats wrong blizzdrone? Getting nervous your LFR queue is going to take longer?

Did your un subbing not get you the attention you hoped?

I'd have to make a post announcing that I have unsubbed first you dumb drone. I always comes to GD to laugh at the blizzdrones getting passive aggressive over nothing.
11/01/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Femaledwarf

I'd have to make a post announcing that I have unsubbed first you dumb drone. I always comes to GD to laugh at the blizzdrones getting passive aggressive over nothing.

They live in constant fear that wow, their entire social outlet, may be dying.
11/01/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Mokrae
Just looking at this guy's armory, you'll know that he's pretty much BFA target audience.

Post on your main.

11/01/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Security
A game that once had 12 million subs now has 3 million, it’s pretty bad.

For a fourteen year old game, with all the competition that has come in that time, it is still the largest MMORPG in existence, with people from all over the world playing.
This is how WoW got into the state that it is in in the first place. All the men that played vanilla left without complaining saying to themselves "the Game is just not for me anymore and I'm ok with that." Then their girlfriends that they got hooked onto the game stayed and complained until blizzard listened and they got their way.

This is how we got Carebear Pandaland. Followed by WoD with it's home care taker simulator garrisons.
11/01/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Lemontea
11/01/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Mokrae
Just looking at this guy's armory, you'll know that he's pretty much BFA target audience.

Post on your main.

11/01/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Security
A game that once had 12 million subs now has 3 million, it’s pretty bad.

For a fourteen year old game, with all the competition that has come in that time, it is still the largest MMORPG in existence, with people from all over the world playing.

"Post on your main".

Grow up.
Nah, BfA definitely has problems. I also think people are tired of Blizzard's "Holier than thou" attitude and the whole "you think you do but you don't"

Class design definitely sucks. The GCD change definitely sucks. Turret, no mobility, ranged design definitely sucks. They've been going down this road to long and I think people are tired of it. Legion was carried by TONS of content, which was mostly good. Unfortunately BfA somehow managed to not improve on any of it. You take all the class design crap and combine it with below...

But there's just like nothing fun to do in BfA either. The only thing I like is raiding. I don't really PvP, so maybe that's ok too I don't know. But Island Expeditions are super boring. Warfronts are super boring. The entire Azerite system is super boring. Grinding out world quests for an entire week to gain 2 item levels on my heart is super boring. Mythic+ design for all BfA dungeons with most affixes is just not fun.

There are too many other games to play for me to continue. Like I'm not gonna bail on my guild while we are still progressing, but if Blizzcon doesn't blow me away this weekend I'll be quitting and playing those other games when BfA fails on so many fronts. ESPECIALLY when basically every thing that sucks was quite thoroughly discussed during the alpha and beta, but LOL at Blizzard actually caring about feedback.
11/01/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Cyouskin
It's fine if people post why they're leaving, interesting to see their reason(s). Trends are important.

Agreed. I only find it unhelpful if people just post for dramatics. However, most posting that they are leaving are providing reasons why. Sure, some could be better worded, but we are still getting a sense of why people are choosing to depart.

It also creates yet another space for people who are continuing to pay to craft replies on what they think is wrong with the game.

I think there is much to be gained by it all, in the macro sense (because it seems like more are leaving than usual) and in the micro sense (with specific complaints).
Someone explaining their complaints is worth listening too.

Someone just pushing doomsaying hysteria is not.
11/01/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix
It's almost like when a game becomes 14 years old it loses subs wow.

Now the fanboiees are playing the "It's a 14 year old game" card.

Too funny.
11/01/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Femaledwarf

Oh, ok. My Bad. I thought since you seemed to not like the game by making fun of the OP and insulting them, you disagreed with their posit and were un subbing. But, I see you don't have that kind of fortitude in you. You hate the game but are NOT un subbing. Got it.
11/01/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Jamesfisk
You're noisy withdrawal is all the more ludicrous when you don't actually unsub.

Hmmmm...I'm in "noisy pre-unsub mode". It's a stage of grief, i.e. "withdrawal". I'll slowly, after much rending of chest, gnashing of teeth, and tears, finally let go. Only difference this time, is that I probably won't be back. I think BFA finally peaked me out on WoW, I have zero faith they have any intention of fixing it.

I’m in the “I still have auctions going and make enough gold to buy tokens” phase, so I’m really just playing World of Wall Street at the moment.

I’m in a similar boat, though, in that I’ve generally lost faith with the designers of the game. The path they are on is so far away from fun and engaging gameplay that it would take some serious staffing changes to fix.

Instead of making the content dynamic, engaging, and enjoyable, they went for randomly-rewarding and repetitive. It’s not a good move to reduce player agency so much that it becomes a meme to the playerbase to refer to “RNGesus”
11/01/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Snowfox
Someone explaining their complaints is worth listening too.

Someone just pushing doomsaying hysteria is not.

That's a good way to put it too.