WoW isn't dying. BFA is fun. Stop posting you're unsubbing...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 13 Next
11/01/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Rëçiproçity
11/01/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix
It's almost like when a game becomes 14 years old it loses subs wow.

Now the fanboiees are playing the "It's a 14 year old game" card.

Too funny.

Actually, what's very funny is people saying a 12 year old game is dying for 12 years now. It shows they don't understand economics at the very least, and that kind of ignorance is a funny in a sad, sad way.
The unsubbing threads have been a thing since forever, it doesn't help that they took away the survey you fill out when you unsub and could directly tell Blizzard why you cancelled. The forums are one of the only places for that now.
11/01/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Bynde
11/01/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Rëçiproçity

Now the fanboiees are playing the "It's a 14 year old game" card.

Too funny.

Actually, what's very funny is people saying a 12 year old game is dying for 12 years now. It shows they don't understand economics at the very least, and that kind of ignorance is a funny in a sad, sad way.

Baseball has been around for over 100 years and more and more people are playing it.
It's passive-aggressive, manipulative balderdash. You're noisy withdrawal is all the more ludicrous when you don't actually unsub.

Agree so much. It's getting pathetic.

There's another kind of `pathetic' rampant of the forums too; narcissistic oppression.

To clarify, there are those here that seem to think they have the right to suppress any discussions they don't personally find worthy of their attention...and in yours and the OP's case, particularly when it's of a critical nature. Do some of the posts you lament sound `fussy' and `whiney'? Sure...but that comes from a feeling of frustration, and there's no small amount of irony in the fact that your complaint posts about their complaint posts contain the same elements of whiney-ness.

These forums exist for the purpose of discussion. If you don't like the nature of some of it, you can always move on without comment...or you can indulge in the hypocrisy of contributing to the discord with some `crying' of your own. And yes...what I just posted is more of the same, but at least I'm owning it honestly.
11/01/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Arcayic
The unsubbing threads have been a thing since forever, it doesnt help that they took out the survey you fill out when you unsub and could directly tell Blizzard why you cancelled. The forums are one of the only places for that now.

Pretty much this, too.
11/01/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Rëçiproçity
They live in constant fear that wow, their entire social outlet, may be dying.

I wish that would be the case that way a game with today's optimized standards would take its place.
The unsubbing threads have been a thing since forever, it doesnt help that they took out the survey you fill out when you unsub and could directly tell Blizzard why you cancelled. The forums are one of the only places for that now.

I think a lot of it has to do with this. Many of the people unsubbing really want to continue to play WoW, but it has failed to be fun anymore for that person. They want to send a message to Blizzard about what they feel has made the game to be no longer fun, so we get unsub posts.

I don't think Blizzard really reads them or cares, but it doesn't hurt anyone to let them be posted.
11/01/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Cyouskin
It's fine if people post why they're leaving, interesting to see their reason(s). Trends are important.
Here's a trend for you: Every patch of every expansion, forums fill with people saying "This is worst ever unsub!". Some of these posts are from same people - every expansion.
11/01/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Mvura
Fun statistic:
There's evidence that upwards of 70% of internet whiners aren't actually reflecting in game experiences as much as they are regurgitating what other internet whiners say.

I do believe you, but I would like to have the source to that number.
11/01/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Kolee
11/01/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Cyouskin
It's fine if people post why they're leaving, interesting to see their reason(s). Trends are important.
Here's a trend for you: Every patch of every expansion, forums fill with people saying "This is worst ever unsub!". Some of these posts are from same people - every expansion.

The numbers don't lie dude. You can't argue with definitive, empirical, objective data. Unless you're a Democrat.
11/01/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Lemontea
It's passive-aggressive, manipulative balderdash. Your noisy withdrawal is all the more ludicrous when you don't actually unsub.

Fun for you maybe but BFA is objectively a bad expansion.
It's passive-aggressive, manipulative balderdash. Your noisy withdrawal is all the more ludicrous when you don't actually unsub.

Unsubs
11/01/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Ryuk

BfA is objectively a good expansion.

See how that works?
11/01/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Majyka

I think a lot of it has to do with this. Many of the people unsubbing really want to continue to play WoW, but it has failed to be fun anymore for that person. They want to send a message to Blizzard about what they feel has made the game to be no longer fun, so we get unsub posts.

I don't think Blizzard really reads them or cares, but it doesn't hurt anyone to let them be posted.

This has been my experience as well. I want WoW to be fun for me, but it is not, and so I have made many posts in the past addressing the aspects I find to be detractors or inhibitors of enjoyment - and made suggestions as to how to improve the game.

It may have been a futile effort, but I did at least say my piece and I still hold out hope that the game may once again sink its claws into me like it did in vanilla through wrath.

While there is the possibility that I have changed so much that I wouldn’t have the same life-consuming experience were WoW to launch today, I can at least identify the more recent changes that keep current me from enjoying the game enough to justify even a measily $15 a month.
11/01/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Assistance
I’m in the “I still have auctions going and make enough gold to buy tokens” phase, so I’m really just playing World of Wall Street at the moment.

I usually play the AH game hard, can't work up the interest. Make gold, to buy tokens, so I can make more gold...in the past, when all else failed, there was always the AH robber baron playstyle. Just don't have it in me this time.

That's subjective. For me it's a good expansion so far.
11/01/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Security
A game that once had 12 million subs now has 3 million, it’s pretty bad.
This would be a valid perspective if WoW hadn't enjoyed a level of sustained success compared to its competitors that is basically unmatched in this genre.
11/01/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Security
A game that once had 12 million subs now has 3 million, it’s pretty bad.

You got a source for that?
11/01/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Bynde
Agree so much. It's getting pathetic.

11/01/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Bynde
The hysteria is strong in this one.

11/01/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Bynde
Did your un subbing not get you the attention you hoped?

Do you have anything constructive to say or are you just going to continue to sling insults?
11/01/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Phumbles

BfA is objectively a good expansion.

See how that works?

Coming from someone who gobbles up everything Blizzard feeds them? No I don't see how that works.
If something is fun for someone else, it can not objectively be bad. Objectively bad means that no one thinks its good. That's clearly not the case.