WoW isn't dying. BFA is fun. Stop posting you're unsubbing...

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 13 Next
11/01/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Lemontea
It's passive-aggressive, manipulative balderdash. Your noisy withdrawal is all the more ludicrous when you don't actually unsub.

Glad your perspective is positive!

I'm playing daily, so I share it on that level.

But I've noted extreme dropoff in logins in my guild. There was a lot of initial enthusiasm and I had a group of 6-10 who were pushing mythic+ for a bit - every night. Then, almost suddenly, that group stopped loggin in. Like the whole group! For a month so far.

That tells me the xpac is lacking something really important - like there is a wall at mythic+5 ish in that no other content is of interest at all, and then not being able to run mythic+5 all day (remember this is a month ago) (hard to organize) peeps got bored and left.

Rep grinding? Not fun, but done. Island Expedition = not fun. Warfront = not fun. PvP = not interesting since best gear is had via PvE. raid = 99% of my guild has no interest in raids. Mission board = what used to get people loggin in daily is worthless now. It is *only* mythic+ that has any hooks - and for a great while it was deemed that mythic+ was getting the shaft with the good gear locked behind the raid. Then people left.

And, honestly, I have to reflect that I only login to my main when I'm ready to PuG a +7. Otherwise I'm pushing up a dozen other toons.. because that's the "most fun" of the available things to do! Even though once the alts hit 120, they have no value. And even my main, I've only progressed from +5 to +7 in a full month. Gear trickle and my weapon is bad news and I have to PuG everything, which is a big struggle, and peeps want super overgeared or raider.io of 1000 for even low level keys...

omg i need to stop posting, i was more positive before this post than after... lol
Insert trump WRONG meme here
11/01/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Security
A game that once had 12 million subs now has 3 million, it’s pretty bad.

14 year game.. yea that's totally bad lol
It really has been the worst start of an expansion since I’ve been playing. I got to 120 and kind of went that’s it? I was hoping for more like wod or legion. It just is so lacking in end game content that’s fun.
It’s almost like ion told his team to not worry about the game bring fun anymore.

But I’m not quitting. It will get better. I think the main problem is that legion was just a high bar. Nothing new they put in game is fun. They took out stuff that was. I give them credit for new stuff though. It’s not good but at least they tried and has potential to get better

Edit. Wod was a great expansion before 6.1 and ions war on flying.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Agree so much. It's getting pathetic.

There's another kind of `pathetic' rampant of the forums too; narcissistic oppression.

To clarify, there are those here that seem to think they have the right to suppress any discussions they don't personally find worthy of their attention...and in yours and the OP's case, particularly when it's of a critical nature. Do some of the posts you lament sound `fussy' and `whiney'? Sure...but that comes from a feeling of frustration, and there's no small amount of irony in the fact that your complaint posts about their complaint posts contain the same elements of whiney-ness.

These forums exist for the purpose of discussion. If you don't like the nature of some of it, you can always move on without comment...or you can indulge in the hypocrisy of contributing to the discord with some `crying' of your own. And yes...what I just posted is more of the same, but at least I'm owning it honestly.
The unsubbing threads have been a thing since forever, it doesnt help that they took out the survey you fill out when you unsub and could directly tell Blizzard why you cancelled. The forums are one of the only places for that now.

Pretty much this, too.

!@#$%ing and passive-aggressiveness is not helpful, it's attention seeking. And the constant WoW is dying, i've heard since about 2005, and
"it's going F2P", is even more pathetic hysteria. "Ive read that Blizz did this on purpose to kill the game", even. Between the !@#$%ing and the conspiracy theories, it's insane. No wonder 99% of the player base never participates i Forums. Conspiracy theories are all the rage now.

I have problems with this expac too, it's the worst one IMO, and 8.1 doesn't seem to be offering anything more than the same, but being the "worst one" is still better than most games, esp most MMOs. But, Jesus, I have some self respect, too. If I un sub (and I won't be) I won't stand on a huge flaming pyre and announce it to everyone. Many people in my guild have stopped playing. NONE of them made a public spectacle of themselves doing so, either.

I don't know why they removed the survey, but I doubt it was simply to piss people off or to not hear why they quit.
OP working on liberal arts degree trying to write something smart. BFA does suck, there's a reason Blizzard is in panic mode about it.
It's been sad watching the fanboys lash out. With the sub numbers dwindling and classic coming out they make these threads trying to change the narrative of how things are going.

If you enjoy the game, go play it. The quitting threads are a product of blizzard sending unsatisfied customers here to give feedback. This thread is actually the unneeded negativity that you complain about.
11/01/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Mokrae
Just looking at this guy's armory, you'll know that he's pretty much BFA target audience.

Post on your main.

11/01/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Security
A game that once had 12 million subs now has 3 million, it’s pretty bad.

For a fourteen year old game, with all the competition that has come in that time, it is still the largest MMORPG in existence, with people from all over the world playing.

Got proof of that?
11/01/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Lemontea
It's passive-aggressive, manipulative balderdash. Your noisy withdrawal is all the more ludicrous when you don't actually unsub.

Put on your big girl pants and skip those threads if you can't handle people expressing their dislike of the game.
11/01/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Izuul
OP working on liberal arts degree trying to write something smart.

Unlike what you just wrote.
11/01/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Rëçiproçity
11/01/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Kolee
...Here's a trend for you: Every patch of every expansion, forums fill with people saying "This is worst ever unsub!". Some of these posts are from same people - every expansion.

The numbers don't lie dude. You can't argue with definitive, empirical, objective data.

Then post those numbers and source.

Show us your definitive, empirical, objective data.

Post on your main.

For a fourteen year old game, with all the competition that has come in that time, it is still the largest MMORPG in existence, with people from all over the world playing.

Got proof of that?

Funny how people can claim people play this game more than any other one without sub numbers. Thought no one knew those?

Post on your main.

Got proof of that?

I do.

https://altarofgaming.com/all-mmos-sorted-by-population-2018/

Post on your main.

Got proof of that?

Are you kidding? Name one mmorpg that has a larger sub number than Blizz.
11/01/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Bynde
There's another kind of `pathetic' rampant of the forums too; narcissistic oppression.

To clarify, there are those here that seem to think they have the right to suppress any discussions they don't personally find worthy of their attention...and in yours and the OP's case, particularly when it's of a critical nature. Do some of the posts you lament sound `fussy' and `whiney'? Sure...but that comes from a feeling of frustration, and there's no small amount of irony in the fact that your complaint posts about their complaint posts contain the same elements of whiney-ness.

These forums exist for the purpose of discussion. If you don't like the nature of some of it, you can always move on without comment...or you can indulge in the hypocrisy of contributing to the discord with some `crying' of your own. And yes...what I just posted is more of the same, but at least I'm owning it honestly.
Pretty much this, too.

!@#$%ing and passive-aggressiveness is not helpful, it's attention seeking. And the constant WoW is dying, i've heard since about 2005, and
"it's going F2P", is even more pathetic hysteria. "Ive read that Blizz did this on purpose to kill the game", even. Between the !@#$%ing and the conspiracy theories, it's insane. No wonder 99% of the player base never participates i Forums. Conspiracy theories are all the rage now.

I have problems with this expac too, it's the worst one IMO, and 8.1 doesn't seem to be offering anything more than the same, but being the "worst one" is still better than most games, esp most MMOs. But, Jesus, I have some self respect, too. If I un sub (and I won't be) I won't stand on a huge flaming pyre and announce it to everyone. Many people in my guild have stopped playing. NONE of them made a public spectacle of themselves doing so, either.

I don't know why they removed the survey, but I doubt it was simply to piss people off or to not hear why they quit.

First, watch your language.
Next, posting your unsubbing reasons isn't the ego trip you, and all the other fanboys think it is. Blizzard, like any other company that wants to continue a profitable existence, will want to know the 'why' in the matter. Seeing as how they aren't mind-readers, people will have to post here, on the forums, AS BLIZZARD HAS ASKED THEM TO DO.

Now go have coffee or something and get over yourself; especially thre part that thinks everything here is about you.
11/01/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Eskylidi
11/01/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Bynde
Agree so much. It's getting pathetic.

11/01/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Bynde
The hysteria is strong in this one.

11/01/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Bynde
Did your un subbing not get you the attention you hoped?

Do you have anything constructive to say or are you just going to continue to sling insults?

yes. You'll find my constructive things to say in between your cherry picked quotes of mine.
11/01/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Jugajr
Got proof of that?

I'd love to do that!
HOWEVER
Blizzard, in their wisdom, has ceased to make public said numbers.
Wonder why?
11/01/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Derka
11/01/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Ryuk
Fun for you maybe but BFA is objectively a bad expansion.
If something is fun for someone else, it can not objectively be bad. Objectively bad means that no one thinks its good. That's clearly not the case.

The expansion is objectively bad but whether someone finds it fun is completely different. Bleeding subs and Blizzard's feedback request email proves the expansion is objectively not in a good place.

I'd love to do that!
HOWEVER
Blizzard, in their wisdom, has ceased to make public said numbers.
Wonder why?

All video game companies hide their sub numbers, not just Blizzard