Classic demo won't launch (solved)

Mac Technical Support
I'm having trouble launching the Blizzcon demo client.

I've tried multiple reinstalls of the game and also reinstalling the entire Battle.net client, however it seems to stick on "World of Warcraft is performing initial setup of required game files".

Is there something I'm missing?

Mojave 10.14.1, iMac 18,3
Marked As Solution
Getting the same thing - though initially took ages for the "initial setup" dialog to appear, making me think it wasn't launching at all.

It looks like it's making slow progress, so I'm leaving it a while to see what happens...

EDIT: Took close to an hour, but it eventually loaded.
Just leave it when it says performing initial setup. it just deployed with no metal shaders, so it has to download them. Depending on internet speed it can be few minutes or longer.
Ah yes. It took an hour, but it eventually worked.
well, for me it dosn´t work, at the end it appears a message that says "the application encountered an unexpected error" (2224EE6F-10AC-4FFD-8A3B-7118E5E08179) and then adk me to reopen and close, reinstalled blzz app and WoW Classic and nothing...
an hour seems like a long time, you hittingp lay before it's finished completely downloading? you were missing more than metal shaders.

For those taht are getting a crash outright. it has same restrictions of wow 7.3.5, it own't work on a 3,1 mac pro, or OS version older than 10.11.6 (and even then iffy it'll work well without 10.13.6 or later. 10.12.6 will have the IGP intel driver crash just like 7.3.5 did)
11/02/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Omegall
an hour seems like a long time, you hittingp lay before it's finished completely downloading? you were missing more than metal shaders.

For those taht are getting a crash outright. it has same restrictions of wow 7.3.5, it own't work on a 3,1 mac pro, or OS version older than 10.11.6 (and even then iffy it'll work well without 10.13.6 or later. 10.12.6 will have the IGP intel driver crash just like 7.3.5 did)

Nah, the launcher told me it had completely finished downloading the client 100%, but then the initial setup dialogue took an hour to go from empty to full.

It works now anyhoo.
Does it have true fullscreen or is it the same butchered BS we have now?
11/02/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Tiapriestess
Does it have true fullscreen or is it the same butchered BS we have now?

Same as the retail client.

https://i.imgur.com/GVaR3iu.jpg
Greeeeeeeat.

Guess this means the end of bothering with Blizzard games for me. It's a fair bet that every client they make going forward will be like this. Eff all fo those with disabilities, they aren't wanted anymore.
11/02/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Omegall

my version is 10.11.6 so i have to upgrade it in order to play? cause i was able to play patch 7.3.5 with this version
Having the same problem. Taking ages