Night elf bikini

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
11/03/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Stride
https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/wowpedia/0/0b/Trinity.jpg

Now THAT is what NE armor is supposed to look like. Not those hideous Warfront abominations.
11/04/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Fortuna
11/04/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Vynlordros
But Night Elves, both males and females, have always worn next to nothing. Its not practical in irl but were also not 10 foot tall 200 pound magical elves. If I had the speed and strength they do you can bet I wouldint be wearing heavy !@# armor.

Plus NE's have always been more like guerilla fighters, exceeding at night or from the shadows and it would be hard to do that in heavy armor.

Im also sure grace comes into play, a lithe NE outmanuevring their opponent with speed and agility sounds cool, a heavy armored NE running at someone screaming like a Orc or Human not so much. IMO anyway.

For what it's worth, raider cultures in real life have historically not gone in for a ton of armor. (Supposedly the Celts had certain warriors who would fight in the buff, although I'm not sure I believe that.) Heavy armor isn't always the right choice. Take the Roman Legions, f'rinstance. They have nice pretty medium armor, and in formation fighting on open ground they were tops, but take them into forests and you can get some pretty epic defeats.

And think about it. A night elf archer fires, kills her target, and is gone behind a tree before they know where she was. A huntress jumps into a column on saberback, runs down everyone in range, and withdraws. They don't need heavy armor. If you live long enough to draw a blade against them, something's already gone wrong.

Sylvanas likes to go with a scorched earth policy.
Hmmm Nelf bodypaint 'armour' sounds fun too.

One thing id love to see for Night Elves is body tattoos.
The 'daggers' on my elves face down the front sides of her torso would look cool.
I have an Night, I have a Bikini.
Uh! Night Bikini
I have a Night, I have an Elf.
Uh! Night Elf
Night Bikini...
Elf Bikini... uh!

Night Bikini Elf Bikini!

Night Bikini Elf Bikini!
11/03/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Vahallae
Why? I'm a warrior. I need armor, not dental floss.

Then you don't understand the magic that is female plate armour in RPGs. The more revealing it is, the higher your AC.
11/04/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Roshta
11/03/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Vahallae
Why? I'm a warrior. I need armor, not dental floss.

Then you don't understand the magic that is female plate armour in RPGs. The more revealing it is, the higher your AC.

┬┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
Teensy Weensy Night Elf Bikinis if you Pleasie.
Meat Wagon!

Oops wrong thread, i made the same mistake there too.

Night elf in a Bikini!
@Shariadore For the rogues, Bikini forest ambush party.
11/05/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Stride
@Shariadore For the rogues, Bikini forest ambush party.

That would be truly amazing!
About time we saw this armor in some form in game. Its iconic to nelfs and the fantasy genre. Even the guys get skimpy love. Make the iconic nelf bikini thier heritage set blizz.

So tired of various medias and people crying over the showing of pixalated skin. Its a fantasy let people have fun with it. The more customization the better.

Xmog like features in games allow for creative freedom. Wow is overall very tame in its armor models. And the player characters are not as idealized as other games.

Again give me creative freedom and variety.
11/05/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Kakurine
So tired of various medias and people crying over the showing of pixalated skin.

Since you brought this up I hope no one minds if I share my opinion on the issue?

I started playing WC3 when I was an 11 year old girl. And I admired the Night elves for many reasons. At that innocent time in my life, I thought their lack of armor was bold and represented freedom that came with living in the wilds. This is before I even developed a notion of my own sexuality. Its the same reason I was upset that they covered up Sylvanas (same time they started re-writing her character as well). Not for pervert reasons, but because to me the lack of armor represented what it means being a savage elf that was swift, skilled, liberated and free.

So that's what the showing of skin really means to me, sincerely. That said... in addition, night elf bikinis are sexy. And that' s not a bad thing.
11/05/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Stride
Since you brought this up I hope no one minds if I share my opinion on the issue?

Thanks for sharing!

Honestly, it was the doofy dev's story about their kid asking "why is Alexstrasza in a bathing suit?" that put a damper in skimpy mog for a while. Because someone couldn't give their kid a decent answer about why adults in a fantasy game get to wear what they want, their paying customers got shortchanged as a result. Hence the reason we have 1000 varieties of ugly glowing full plate.

Though it doesn't explain why we don't have more out of combat mog options.

/shrug
Personally people leave me confused when they cry for realism in a fantasy game.

The laws of physics as we know them in real life don't apply to fantasy universes. In real life armor is specifically crafted for its user and the environment you fight in. As are weapons. We cant logically apply real world armor techniques to fantasy games and have them work.

For all we know armor in wow is magical and generates a forcefield. So it doesn't matter how much it covers or doesn't.

Armor or really anything visual in a game is designed to look cool first and formost. If people are looking at it and bringing in teal life physics they missed the point.

At the end of the day xmog features should be a universal stapple in games now.

Developers should have a wide variety of options to choose from and then just let players go nuts. Only limit should be your own creative imagination.

Also fantasy armor on the ladies just generally looks good. And being most nelfs are druids typically shape shifting. Having a lot of clothing on would probably be a huge burden.

But again magic kinda removes irl physics.
How did I miss this thread swoosh this is sort of my thing - anyway the whole point of my transmog is to show the feral heart of the Kaldorei in a primitive, almost animalistic way. I look at this as ancient night elf armor, something perhaps a druid of the wild might have worn thousands of years ago, before the War of the Ancients. Not exactly a bikini but . . .

I think incorporating the more modern Kaldorei armor styles would be absolutely awesome and Blizzard needs to get working on this like yesterday.
Looks pretty good on males too :)
11/05/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Angerwind
How did I miss this thread swoosh this is sort of my thing - anyway the whole point of my transmog is to show the feral heart of the Kaldorei in a primitive, almost animalistic way. I look at this as ancient night elf armor, something perhaps a druid of the wild might have worn thousands of years ago, before the War of the Ancients. Not exactly a bikini but . . .

I think incorporating the more modern Kaldorei armor styles would be absolutely awesome and Blizzard needs to get working on this like yesterday.

11/05/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Falfruen

My bikini brethrens!

Yes, no discrimination here, put bikinis on the males too!
11/05/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Biamart

Defintely woot woot! *gotta get home and transmog those gloves before the OCD kills me*
11/05/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Twonkie
11/05/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Biamart

Defintely woot woot! *gotta get home and transmog those gloves before the OCD kills me*

You look like a little Sentinel <3 Being one of the few Night Elf engineers, I have always appreciated the presence of gnomes.