8.1 is way too far away.

General Discussion
The game has been just login to raid once a week for so long. Dungeons are fun but repeitive. I dont want more rushed stuff just want to say this lull in content feels like forever. I miss wanting to get home to play wow.

Nowadays I dont even know what to do.
11/04/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Divium
The game has been just login to raid once a week for so long. Dungeons are fun but repeitive. I dont want more rushed stuff just want to say this lull in content feels like forever. I miss wanting to get home to play wow.

7/8 heroic

0/8 mythic wut
Usually the first patch of the expansions are deliberately long, so you can get your mains through the full content and have plenty of time to bring up your alts. Me, I got about a dozen 110s working their way to 120, plus five Allied Race characters somewhere between 20 and 80 and climbing

There are lots of things to do other than raid. Not the games fault if you don't want to do any of it.
11/04/2018 11:02 PMPosted by Lunkel

There are lots of things to do other than raid. Not the games fault if you don't want to do any of it.

Actually it is, its bad programming and gameplay that causes it not the customer, when you make something that unpalatable to so many people there has to be a moment you stop and actually start to listen, however blizz is stubborn and it take a mass exodus like the flying one, and even then they dug in their heals and said, fine you can have it, but we are making you do this! like a child that has to compromise against their will, they have lost touch with the player base, its not new, and been happening slowly over the last few expacs, the steady decline in subs (before they stopped reporting) should have been a warning.
They simply dont listen, and it seems care for what we have to say, "We want this" seems to be their new stance on everything, and thats their right, it is their game.
I am taking a break right now, but not sure if I will be back TBH
11/04/2018 10:56 PMPosted by Aesthetic

7/8 heroic

0/8 mythic wut

Oh man, do you know how much fun it is to run the same content on harder difficulty! It's so fun! It's like a whole new experience! Look at all those reused assets, why didn't I figure this out earlier!

Harder difficulty =/= New and Fun content
11/04/2018 11:24 PMPosted by Radshift

Actually it is, its bad programming and gameplay that causes it not the customer, when you make something that unpalatable to so many people there has to be a moment you stop and actually start to listen, however blizz is stubborn and it take a mass exodus like the flying one, and even then they dug in their heals and said, fine you can have it, but we are making you do this! like a child that has to compromise against their will, they have lost touch with the player base, its not new, and been happening slowly over the last few expacs, the steady decline in subs (before they stopped reporting) should have been a warning.
They simply dont listen, and it seems care for what we have to say, "We want this" seems to be their new stance on everything, and thats their right, it is their game.
I am taking a break right now, but not sure if I will be back TBH

In the past there was nothing to do after a raid other than farm mats for the next raid or level an alt or do pvp. They've added a lot of side stuff to do in the years since then.

So when you say, there is nothing to do, that just isn't accurate. There is just nothing that you, personally, want to do. It might be a subtle difference to some, but there is a distinction there. You could ask for more or different things to do as an example rather than just say there is nothing to do.
This is my BfA main. Admittedly, I took a break at the end of Legion, and gave the expansion time for the worst bugs to get fixed before I bought it.

Tym is still also picking away at Legion content, exploring Draenor occasionally, and even still working on Pandaren cooking and fishing.

My side toon is my old Nelf Druid main, who got my 110 token because he'd fallen so far behind (still in Cata), and I wanted someone to be ready to run the Void Elf recruitment quest when I qualify.

Two toons give me plenty to do in a laid-back way. I am not racing to 120, because I like seeing progress in level so end-game gives me an itch to make alts.

TBH, 8.1 seems really soon, to me. Five weeks isn't long. I am kind of curious now to see how I do with Argussian Reach reputation, and whether I end up benefiting from the doubled WQ rep rewards, or if I have Void Elves unlocked sooner.

Maybe you've done all that. I don't know. I do know that rushing into endgame can burn people out, so I don't. The heart of the game isn't at level cap. It's in the journey to there and, more often, in the digressions along the way.

7/8 heroic

0/8 mythic wut

Clear mythic full before trying to act top kek.

4/8 basically means you are either a sub-par full time raider or a normal casual raider.
11/04/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Rhekkar

7/8 heroic

0/8 mythic wut

Oh man, do you know how much fun it is to run the same content on harder difficulty! It's so fun! It's like a whole new experience! Look at all those reused assets, why didn't I figure this out earlier!

This is basically the same boat I'm in.

I tried a bit of Mythic, it was cool how it felt like heroics used to be - that is, actually challenging 5-man content, but it was all so stale. I'd love it if Mythic dungeons had unique wings, or bosses you couldn't fight in normal mode, or something.

Oh well. Not like my opinion matters if I'm not doing the content anyway, it just kind of feels like a disappointing slog. Even the gear is all the same, just with higher numbers - I recall in the past, that higher difficulties would at least have unique drops.
No...flying is too far away. :( I can't raid or run dungeons I was looking forward to flying so I could enjoy leveling my alts.
Dec 11th is too far? wut.

7/8 heroic

0/8 mythic wut

Thank god I only play this game for BGs... they are always changing

7/8 heroic

0/8 mythic wut

With the exception of Taloc, the Mythic versions of the fights are quite different from the other version.
11/04/2018 11:51 PMPosted by Jagdtiger
<span class="truncated">...</span>

7/8 heroic

0/8 mythic wut

Clear mythic full before trying to act top kek.

4/8 basically means you are either a sub-par full time raider or a normal casual raider.

We raid twice a week for three hours and im 4/8 sooo lmao

Also this guy's complaining about lack of content when he doesnt have aotc

Also it seems like youre on the same boat as this guy lmao

Exactly this. If you don't like playing 90% of the game, then you will probably get bored pretty quickly. Maybe try playing a different game for a while?

Play other games seriously. WoW is a casual game now to be played every so often but never a main game anymore.
This is the time where players should be farming up water striders.. or teleport tabards.. or prepping their alts... or getting their reps to revered. There's uncountable things that can be done to prepare.

Later, you'll want that. So now's the time to do that.
Do you want to rush it and make the game unplayable?
Yeah screw us that are still progressing through mythic uldir.