Why do people hate RaiderIO again?

General Discussion
Listen... I do not have a score over 1k, and every week I get into a +10 and complete it... I don’t understand why people are hating on IO? Just be patient and find a group that will accept you.
Their anecdotal subjective experience may be different than your anecdotal subjective experience.
11/07/2018 09:53 AMPosted by Snowfox
Their anecdotal subjective experience may be different than your anecdotal subjective experience.

Summed up 90% of the forums disagreements in a single sentence. Your ability to condense impresses me :)
I mainly have gripes with the “1k io or don’t apply” nonsense since half the time the leader is like 700 score. And also the 1k only for 10’s when people have to purely pug is rough since it’s the equivalent of “must have at least 2 years experience fresh out of college” and needing to run them to get experience. 1k score is timing a 10 in every dungeon

This toon is over 1k and I’ve still been struggling to get into 9’s and 10’s. I moreso blame mdi and the sheep who assume you actually need a perfect meta comp to time a 10. I’ve emulated many rogue skips with invisible pots. Sure it locks you out of prepotting but I’ve still timed the runs

Edit: I’ve also seen some pretty terrible players with high scores. A 1200 score tank couldn’t hold threat off my holy priest in a 9 last week. Wasn’t skittish and I died many a time to stray mobs running from him to me. It’s a gamble either way
11/07/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Snowfury
I mainly have gripes with the “1k io or don’t apply” nonsense since half the time the leader is like 700 score. And also the 1k only for 10’s when people have to purely pug is rough since it’s the equivalent of “must have at least 2 years experience fresh out of college” and needing to run them to get experience. 1k score is timing a 10 in every dungeon

This toon is over 1k and I’ve still been struggling to get into 9’s and 10’s. I moreso blame mdi and the sheep who assume you actually need a perfect meta comp to time a 10. I’ve emulated many rogue skips with invisible pots. Sure it locks you out of prepotting but I’ve still timed the runs

That is true, it is annoying seeing people looking for carries lol
Some people need a scapegoat to blame instead of noticing their own flaws / reality.

If Raider.io ever goes away (which I really hope it doesn't - the people that run Raider.io have been extremely open to implementing suggestions and ideas from outside, including from the problem children noted above), this explanation also covers whatever system the whiners complain about after it.
I've been having fun with it actually. Working on getting my score up... kind of a personal goal for me and yadda... Been enjoyable.

I don't see the harm in it until people start requesting IO numbers for low lvl M+'s. ilvl does not = skill. IO is mostly what you've completed in the past, which is not a perfect measure of skill either. But, at the moment, it's the closest thing we've got.

Most job searches are all about your previous experience. Not saying this is a job, but the same logic applies.
Ppl hate barriers/blockades/gates.... its a common issue

Rep gating
Rng gating
ilvl requirement
Score requirement

YOU GOTTA BE THIS TALL TO PLAY WITH US

eeeyup
People always hate mechanisms that sort them. The reason is that some people always end up on the less desirable side of the sort. Then it is easier to blame the method used to compile the data for the sort instead of looking into the reason the person ended up on the wrong side of it.
I don't have an issue with it. There will always be filters people put in place to weed other people out. Break RaideriO and another app will take it's place.

Odd question, but I see a "Snowfox" on a stream I have on in the background. That you?
I don’t. I would never pug M+. I’ve lost all interest in it because it has become one of...if not THE...most toxically competitive parts of the game.
I started getting into it in Legion, and even pug’d a few keys.
But now it’s such a mess the gear isn’t worth it to me.

I will say that I think that it’s safe to say that Blizzard has failed to spark interest for this mode in the general WoW population, and in fact, has damaged its popularity.
11/07/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Lightfang
Listen... I do not have a score over 1k, and every week I get into a +10 and complete it... I don’t understand why people are hating on IO? Just be patient and find a group that will accept you.
They hate raider.io because they feel entitled to force others to let them join their groups rather than have groups be formed on a voluntary basis via consent - and thus they hate that raider.io shows their experience when experience is being used by others to vet their team mates and make informed decisions on who to bring in order to help bolster their chances of success.

The number of people out there who complain that others can see their experience seems sufficient that these people who don't want to use raider.io should have plenty of others out there like them who also don't use raider.io to group with... but since those players joining together would have a far lower chance of success when running together, they don't want to join the other people like them.

Instead, they feel entitled to force players who use raider.io to either have to take them, or to trick them into taking them by hiding their lack of experience running keys at a level that is relevant.
Because in order to farm one dungeon for a trinket I have to do ALL the dungeons in high keys and complete in time to get into a group thanks to Raider IO garbage.
11/07/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Tobiás

Odd question, but I see a "Snowfox" on a stream I have on in the background. That you?

Mm, probably not if it's right now - I'm at work so only on forums but not in-game.
I actually understand and agree that such thing as raider IO required. Even though I don't really like it. Cause I want to make most of the time I'm investing and when people don't know what to do and how to do things in dungeons, it's frustrating, cause I'm wasting invested times for nothing (when group falling apart or not completing in time, which gives me NOTHING except a littlest chance to get titanforged exact item I needed to improve my ilvl score.
I had like four-five runs which was TERRIBLE. Cause people just ignored all prefixes and do what they do in LFR and Random heroic dungeon, mash buttons and pull as much as possible.
And that is why you need to see if people had this dungeon ENOUGH times to understand it's basics. And you do understand the basics of all prefixes only when you have around 800 io. more is just a bonus you really don't need more to be good at those. Rather you need more ilvl. But higher ilvl just telling people that this or that person might has the ability to pull through this new 13 lvl dungeon
Some people try to use raider io as an absolute metric and of course it is going to fail in that scenario. Should be interesting to see how perception of the system changes when m+ data is moved to the armory. That change should remove a lot of inaccuracy that serves to "punish" semi casual players.
Keep kickin' that can down the road....
an addon is controlling gamers..........lmao.

no one will be doing mythics soon enough especially when classic comes out.
I find it very unlikely that you're getting into pug +10 every week on alliance side. You must be running exclusively with a guild or a group of friends.

There aren't enough keys for that alliance side to find a +10. Most groups won't take you with a low io score. And the ones that do will fall apart and never finish.

It's amazing to me how many people come here and claim to complete a +10 every week. It's very unlikely all of you are telling the truth. People completing +10's or higher represent an extreme minority ofthe player base.

Unless you're spending hours everyweek looking for a freehold, or atal +10(which I doubt). You're either lying outright or not giving us all the details.