Why is Classic more wanted than Remastered?

Classic Discussion
Been reading the forums for a while and I am not here to bash any posture, just want to sincerely know why does #nochange team would rather have an exact copy of the old game, with everyone knowing that it was not perfect, instead of a revised version of the game, with some tweaking that follows the same philosophy of the original game, for example, like what has been done with SC:Remastered and W3:Reforged.

Why is WoW:Classic more desirable than WoW:Perfectioned ?
Blizzard cannot be trusted to make any improvements at this time, or ever. Vanilla is the last chance to have a game that many of us enjoy and the game is fun as is. If blizzard wants to be innovated and new they have this canvas called BFA.
Be cause we've seen over 14 years what happens when blizzard makes changes?
Leveling was never "hard" but it has become a joke.
Classes have lost any semblance of uniqueness in the quest for "balance".
I could go on...
The design of the game is a direct product of the old philosophy. The reason people feel there is no need to tweak the game to make "improvements" is because the old philosophy and the state of the game that it bred were already superior to other options in their eyes. Making revisions means harming the game more than helping it, because it is believed that any revision will have negative (un)foreseen consequences that worsen the experience to a greater degree than the improvement the revision was hoping to achieve.
Do you trust anyone to achieve actual class balance? After WoD, I distrust Blizzard modern games to be truly "great"; sure they're flashy, but they're also 109% what World of Warcraft is not.

Class balance is also a myth, it will never exist, and truth be told I doubt Blizzard wants that because it's not good for getting the uber addicted their replay factor while making the game accessible for the majority who just want to level some characters.
Everyone asked for Vanilla.

They gave us Caramel instead.
As mentioned above: Trust Issues. Every 'improvement' that was made to Retail over the years started with good intentions. People wanted these changes, so they were introduced formally. All these changes ended up having consequences on the way people approach the game, and these consequences led to more changes that strayed further and further away from the game's core design.

I remember when I first leveled in WotLK, I thought phasing was such a neat idea. I didn't realize the impact something like that would have on the community until much later.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with a Remastered version of Vanilla, so long as it stayed true to its core values. Things like better graphics, maybe even new dungeons/raids that the developers never had a chance to put in! But the community has spoken and they want a more authentic experience to preserve the game we all look back fondly on. I'm completely fine with that.
Blizzard is no longer the same company that made Vanilla WoW. Modern design philosophy creeping into the game and destroying what made it great is a huge fear of the classic community.
11/07/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Alfredd

Well, the #1 reason is probably that Blizzard's creative development has proven what their vision of WOW: Perfectioned is.

Actually, not really. They've never managed to actually find that finish line, and it doesn't even seem to be their goal. They've run themselves into a rut that says everything has to be changing, progressing, new in some way. They can't just find the perfect talent balance. (And this isn't WOW specific. Look at the CONSTANT tuning of HotS, OW, Hearthstone.)

Is perfect a bunch of homogenized characters, in which any that are pre-determined to be melee or range damage dealers are within 0.25% of each other over all possible fights?

Is perfect cutting-edge 2018 graphics?

Is perfect tuned to pro eSport levels, with everyone else an afterthought who can just wait until the catchups and nerfs come down the line?

The #2 reason, if I go specifically by the usual meaning of Remastered which relates to art assets, is that from the first time Blizzard starting "updating" models and skeletons and changing spell graphics, there have been people who disliked the changes and/or preferred the original.

I hated what they did to this gal's face - it went from an expression I'd very carefully chosen to flat. Some had eye color or hair color change. Some had the way they moved alter in ways that just don't look or feel right. Blizzard's art team could never just maintain a look when they upgraded the resolution. They had to tinker and "make it better" which meant losing some of the original charm that appealed to some of us.
Tell me, OP, have you been grinding your azerite, world quests, old raids, mythics, and achievements lately? Are you having fun with that? How do you like every class playing the same? My warrior gets so few skills in fury spec that his spellbook doesn't even reach page 3.

You want those guys remastering Classic? I sure as !@#$ don't.
instead of a revised version of the game
That's not what we asked for when we signed the petition.
And besides. Who gets to decide what would be good additions to the game and what would be bad?
Some want to taste the classic flavor again.

Others want to try it for the first time.

The original recipe (with no sprinkles).
Because everything they've added to the game in the past 11 years for the most part has made the game worse apart from a couple QoL changes. Vanilla and retail are very different games that draw players looking for different things. If they just remaster vanilla to retail they won't gain back all the subs they lost from people who didn't like playing the way retail plays throughout the years. No point in having two of the same game when you can have two different games. "The same philosophy as the original game" is bleeding blizzard subscribers.
The current dev team is not the original dev team. Their philosophy is not the same as the original team. Their "vision" is not the same as the original team. Their creativity is not the same as the original team. Their innovation is not the same as the original team. Their imagination is not the same as the original team.

But most of all, their motivation is not the same as the original team.

Many of us want the original, not the Mongolian cluster-[censored] it's become.
I think as soon as you start talking about changes the game will very quickly depart from looking anything like vanilla. I mean where do you stop? At what point do you decide you have made all the "right" changes to the game? You could ask each person in this thread to suggest a change and they would all be different changes and each of them would be just as valid.
It's because purists don't trust Blizzard.... and are too stupid to realize that if Blizz screws it up in any way, that the Pservers will just come back in force and provide the exact same experience they claim to want Blizz to provide.

That is of course ignoring that their "authentic" 1.12 trivializes much of the content, has broken-faceroll threat mechanics compared to the rest of the vanilla's timeline, has the terrible version of AV, tons of welfare gear, hybrids still all suck outside of healing, Warriors are still broken overpowered as DPS via feedback loop rage scaling mechanics, dishonorable kills still exist, balance changes where a frequent occurrence in actual vanilla, and while they scream no changes in one breath, they also simultaneously lobby for a massive overreaching change to the content in that it won't end after 2 years (which vanilla did by launching 2.0, and which private servers frequently do by launching "fresh" fairly often)

Moderator: Removed derogatory language aimed at members of the World of Warcraft community. This is considered harassment and will result in suspension of forum privileges.
Mostly because it would mean accepting that vanilla wasn't a perfect game.
11/08/2018 02:39 AMPosted by Ziryus
Mostly because it would mean accepting that vanilla wasn't a perfect game.
we do accept and understand that vanilla wasn't perfect. That said it is still a great game regardless of such imperfections.
Spending an hour putting a group together can be a pain. But it also encouraged interaction with others.
Classes had strengths and weaknesses. But because of that it encouraged diversity in your party and raid.

Compare that to live.
There is minimal social interaction with your party.
It's gotten so bad there is an entire raid mode where you don't have to interact with others.
And because of homogenization you could fill a raid with 2 or 3 classes only and perform very well. (Druids, Warlocks, and shamans for example)

Besides. Who gets to choose what stuff we should fix and how it's fixed?
The community cannot even agree with each other and lots of people have lost faith in blizzard.
I sure as heck wouldn't trust you ziryus, we all know you basically want bfa set at level 60.
11/08/2018 02:09 AMPosted by Manwithstick
I think as soon as you start talking about changes the game will very quickly depart from looking anything like vanilla. I mean where do you stop? At what point do you decide you have made all the "right" changes to the game? You could ask each person in this thread to suggest a change and they would all be different changes and each of them would be just as valid.
Yup. And we'd wind up with Retail v2.0, and that's not what we want.