No flying until June '19?

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
So it turns out Pathfinder part II isn't even present in 8.1.
That means it will be added in 8.2, which will be released, assuming 11 week cycle (albeit 8.1 is already lagging behind by 6 weeks) in the middle of May, and it is safe to assume it will be locked behind a reputation-gated story progress which adds at least 4 more weeks.
So it is about a year on the ground, which kills any interest in this game for me.
Patch finder is a major reason why I have stopped buying expansions.

Edit: Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with Pathfinder part 1, it is part 2 that is the killer for me.
11/08/2018 03:33 AMPosted by Mahatma
Edit: Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with Pathfinder part 1, it is part 2 that is the killer for me.

I think most people agree with this.
This does annoy me - it was 8 months from Legion release to when we could fly... and then 5 months later they introduce the no-fly zones of Argus. That was pretty stupid.

As long as they don't release any new no-fly zones, it's fine, but letting us fly for a small window and then releasing new zones where you can't is just dumb.
It's already clear that Blizzard would rather not have flying at all. This pathfinder crap was their version of a compromise since they lost so many subs so quickly.

Again, money talks. I played a few months in WoD and Legion... but finally got fed up with it all and quit playing modern WoW at all. Flying was a large part of the reason. I don't want to spend so much time earning flying when it's only available after anything in the game is no longer relevant.
I don't understand why people get annoyed with no flying zones. We have always had them. Argus wasn't that hard to get around and didn't take long at all. if you flew, you would have been dismounted in the dang sky.

I don't have a problem with waiting as long as it doesn't take more than a year. If people would actually work on crap and actually play the game instead of sitting in the capitol city all day, maybe they would be finished by the time it came out. Not only that, you only have to do it once for all your characters.

It takes the same amount of time to get flying as it did before Pathfinder, if not shorter. Because once before, you couldn't 1000g to 5000g easily as you can now.

WoD made gold making a lot easier, and what do you know, we started getting Pathfinder at the same time
11/08/2018 07:26 AMPosted by Daltanix
It takes the same amount of time to get flying as it did before Pathfinder, if not shorter. Because once before, you couldn't 1000g to 5000g easily as you can now.WoD made gold making a lot easier, and what do you know, we started getting Pathfinder at the same time

If your talking about when we could fly at max lvl this is so WRONG it never took 8 to 12 month for me to get the gold up for flying at most 3 to 4 months so this has nothing to do with " how much gold players can get" . Since I am not subbed they can take as much time as they want and I can save my money till they put flight back in and fix some of the classes.
11/08/2018 07:26 AMPosted by Daltanix
I don't understand why people get annoyed with no flying zones. We have always had them. Argus wasn't that hard to get around and didn't take long at all. if you flew, you would have been dismounted in the dang sky.

I don't have a problem with waiting as long as it doesn't take more than a year. If people would actually work on crap and actually play the game instead of sitting in the capitol city all day, maybe they would be finished by the time it came out. Not only that, you only have to do it once for all your characters.

It takes the same amount of time to get flying as it did before Pathfinder, if not shorter. Because once before, you couldn't 1000g to 5000g easily as you can now.

WoD made gold making a lot easier, and what do you know, we started getting Pathfinder at the same time
I was flying in TBC well before 8 months when I could fly in Legion.

And the problem is that you wait 8 months to fly, then 5 months later you get zones you can't fly. That's almost the same as taking away flying as the older zones like BS and such you're not doing anything there except flying to an M+ dungeon.

Half the problem is that many flying mounts look stupid walking around all the time. Let's look at the Rogue Class Mount or the Parrot mount where you're just gliding on the ground...
I’m “one of those” who wouldn’t bat an eye if they up and deleted flying from new zones and kept it that way till post-expansion.
Which is strange, considering I think they said they were debating on allowing us to have flying earlier than we did in Legion.

I want to hope that's true, but the practices they're putting in place right now leaves me skeptical that we'll be getting it any sooner than we did in Legion.
11/08/2018 03:33 AMPosted by Mahatma
Patch finder is a major reason why I have stopped buying expansions.

Same. I'm totally fine with doing all the achievements, what I'm not fine with is an 8 month timegate for part 2.

After Legion I said I would not purchase any expansion until flying was available... so it'll be a while I guess.
If they try to argue june for flying to be released. You will see more people leave. Honestly with how bad the game is going and the diaster that was blizzcon 2019. Delaying flying that long is a bad idea on there part.
11/08/2018 02:06 AMPosted by Sejni
So it turns out Pathfinder part II isn't even present in 8.1.
That means it will be added in 8.2, which will be released, assuming 11 week cycle (albeit 8.1 is already lagging behind by 6 weeks) in the middle of May, and it is safe to assume it will be locked behind a reputation-gated story progress which adds at least 4 more weeks.
So it is about a year on the ground, which kills any interest in this game for me.

Yeah im done too. Tired of chasing the carrot. My time runs out in DEC and im not renewing.
The dreadwake mount promotion seemed to be a move to keep players subbed just so they could delay flying further. Didn't fall for it.
Flying hurts the game. It’s a godmode-level ability that breaks immersion, as it operates on unrealistic principles (I.e. limitless hovering and no physics) and the world reacts unrealistically toward it.

The Pathfinder achievements are also not particularly burdensome to achieve, especially if you are the sort of WoW lifer who would show up here to complain about quitting over it (which we know you won’t). If you can’t spend a few weeks playing the game the way the developers intend in order to earn this achievement, maybe you don’t deserve flight.
The old zones were huge and hence flying was extremely important. The new zones now are so tiny and hence you wouldn't need to fly as much. Like the entire size of argus was so small. With flying I'm pretty sure you can get from one end to the other in one and a half minutes. Meh in all honesty if I were blizz I would just ensure beside every node to farm there will be a minimum of at least 5 mobs and intro flying again. And get rid of gathering mounts too. Then people will know you mount up, fly for 2 seconds and have to dismount, kill 5 adds then pick up a node, mount up, fly for 2 seconds then dismount again. Also make world quests at the corners of the map and make new flying cost 40000 for friendly, 30000 gold for honoured, 20000 for revered and 10000 for exalted.
11/08/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Brujanna
Flying hurts the game. It’s a godmode-level ability that breaks immersion, as it operates on unrealistic principles (I.e. limitless hovering and no physics) and the world reacts unrealistically toward it.

The Pathfinder achievements are also not particularly burdensome to achieve, especially if you are the sort of WoW lifer who would show up here to complain about quitting over it (which we know you won’t). If you can’t spend a few weeks playing the game the way the developers intend in order to earn this achievement, maybe you don’t deserve flight.

I am not really sure why some think flying is godmode. I have played games in godmodes before and it usually involves killing everything in sight with no effort (while on the ground no less... never leaving the ground). I just don’t get how people equate that with flight.

What is “immersion breaking” tends to be personal opinion. You may feel that flight is immersion breaking but many feel that it is not.

As to “unrealistic principles”, the entirety of the game is built upon them. Runnng full speed and even charging while in plate armor... masterfully wielding one-handed weapons that are sometimes taller than the character... spirit healing and corpse runs... eating and drinking that heals wounds and some power sources... the list goes on.

Sure, you can say magic plays it’s part in all that, but then you would have to accept that it does with flying too.
Oh, I think you understand perfectly well what people mean when they refer to WoW flight as godmode. Just own up to enjoying flight because it trivializes a lot of aspects of the game you don’t enjoy that much.
11/08/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Brujanna
Flying hurts the game.
No. It makes you go out, explore more, and discover something new.
The Pathfinder achievements are also not particularly burdensome to achieve, ... If you can’t spend a few weeks playing the game the way the developers intend in order to earn this achievement
I got the achievement. Where is my flying then?
[code][/code]When they spelled out you’d get it way back at the behinning of the expansion: after the next part of the achievement that people above are whining about, in a later content patch.

You know this! All the whining isn’t going to get you anything. it just makes you look like an entitled whiner not worth listening to.